main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Hey Kyy :) I know we definitely have people on EH, Harbinger, and Jedi Cov (I should assemble a list already!) so I'm sure if you drop character names and their factions people might run into you sometime.

I'll just shamelessly leave this here again because that is my lovely Tlen (though the more I look at it the more I'm itching to fix it). Maxed out Dark V around 35, obviously a Sith pureblood, and romancing Quinn but still flirting with Pierce - not finished the storylines for either as even with maxed out affection I still want to take my time with it, since I have Chapter 3 still to go. I haven't had any reason or opportunity to RP her, but I'm still working out a possible backstory, and I have her personality down pat because that's what I do when I'm fighting my way through mobs for hours and trying to draw her in photoshop for days. While I adore my Commando and some of the others, I haven't had nearly as much fun as with my darling bloodthirsty homicidal manipulative Sith. And here I thought I wouldn't like playing Force users... :p

I'm always torn with the helmets - most don't go with my armour (I have one of those "crop top tanks for women, long sleeved full length for men" tops so it's weird having her neck exposed and then helmet, and then I like to show off her evil, evil face. But at the same time, some of those helmets are fantastic. I'm pretty much like that for most of my toons though, always flipping back and forth on that "hide head slot" button.

Sorry I get so much more chatty about this stuff when I'm not also having to build projects and write papers. Winter break! More gametime! More plotting time! Woohoo~

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. Kyy Jinn

Kyy Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2013
    I really love the sound of your pureblood, Rebecca. I'm afraid I'm not very good at rping, or I'd offer to rp with you, but I can just admire her from afar.

I'll only list my charas level 9 or higher. I only have Soramun on Ebon Hawk, he's an Imp lvl 11. On Harbinger, I have Lilikimi (Pub, lvl 26), Walkerofskies (Pub, lvl 23), Nolan-sallaros (Imp, lvl 9), Sirabi (Pub, lvl 12), Teuleluna (Pub, lvl 10), Jorll (Pub, lvl 11), Ambivalency (Imp, lvl 14), Fe'nn (Imp, lvl 11), and Albuquerquee (Pub, lvl 10).

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Speaking of RP, if anyone is on Ebon Hawk I'd love to RP some time. :p I've got characters on both sides, so no worries there.

4. Nattu

Nattu Jedi Padawan

Jul 29, 2013
    Hi Everyone,
    I've been off the continent for a little while and offline as well, but I'll be back for a while, and I'm still interested in making a guild! My Republic characters are on Begeren Colony, and my Sith are on Covenant. I think I have some on Jung Ma. Anyone still interested?

5. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I've been on a lot lately, may have... accidentally subscribed. I was looking at sub packages and hit one too many buttons, heh.

I'm mostly running on Jedi Cov now (thanks guys, I blame you all) and finally getting a bit into the agent's story. Fun fun fun...

6. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    I've been thinking about downloading SWTOR to play it on my computer. But I'm hoping to get a laptop after I move in the spring so I'm putting it off.

What's the game like? Does it cost anything? Will it conflict with security programs on my computer?

(I hope I'm posting in the right thread.)

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

7. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Make sure you have a reasonably good laptop for processing/graphics power. I play on a laptop, but it's a bit higher end since I do 3D animation and such for uni, but it struggles with atmospheric effects (fog, dust in the air, etc). And make sure you have good internet and lots of free space on your hard drive when you download, it's a massive game.

It is technically 100% free, but I'd recommend buying at least the $5 of cartel coins to bump up to preferred status, which gives you 4 more character slots and other bonuses - though absolutely try free first to see if you even like the game!

Your security programs should recognise it and automatically let it through - mine did, at least.

As for what the game's like, the best way I can think to describe it personally is a single player game that happens to have other people. Your storyline (there are eight possible class stories) you play on your own, so any grouping or multiplayer is technically optional, though I'm a huge fan of the PvP warzones and I know some of the others here really like flashpoints. Best thing is to jump in and figure things out for yourself, and if one style of combat doesn't suit you, you can always try another class.

Padawan Fangirl likes this.
  8. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Anyone else having issues with this game and Windows 8?

9. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    A lot of games have trouble with Win8, I've heard problems with TOR too. If it was today, though, there was (is?) a DDOS attack on EA so it's been down.

10. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Its been for the last couple days, since I had to buy a new laptop.

11. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    It's been slow the past few days, but I'd recommend googling it. I've definitely seen people with problems, but I remember seeing possible solutions too, but since I'm on Win7 I didn't take any note specifically.

12. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I run the game on Win 8 just fine.

13. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Anyone on Jedi Cov with a 50+ imp want to help me with a kingpin bounty? I have no guildy friends to help out... but really if you're on at all tonight or tomorrow give me a shout, I'll be messing around with my consular otherwise, when I'm not working. It should take like ten minutes if you can.

EDIT: turns out Quinn was being stupid, then it was easy :p

14. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Yep finally got it to work. Just took some phone calls and for SWTOR to fix their stuff. It was really weird, the game would load, but no user interface.

15. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    So does anybody Know when Galactic Starfighter occurs in relation to the game itself and Rise of the Hutt Cartel?

16. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    It's a PvP expansion, not a story expansion. Since you can play it from, well, I'm not sure but I've played it as low as 15 and high as 50, it's not really part of a storyline. Fun, though.

@General_Valerian hasn't posted since mid-December. With the elections about to happen, I would like to step in as Senator unless he reappears I'm the next couple days so we can actually participate. There's barely any senators showing up as it is and I've previously mentioned wanting to be Senator before Val took the job. If and when he comes back he can have the position back. If anyone has a problem with this, speak now, and think about who you'd like as Chancellor for when the vote begins.

17. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
  18. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Whoop thought there was an underscore. General Valerian then, to see if he comes back.

19. Nattu

Nattu Jedi Padawan

Jul 29, 2013
    I think you would be a terrific senator Rebecca!

20. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    So, fellow video game fans, however many are actually still around, the election is here: RunJediRun and CrazyOldHermit or Admiral Volshe and Joe. Their platforms are in the Senate thread, if you have a preference let me know via PM. I'll give my vote in a couple days.

And just because, I am really enjoying going datacron hunting. The look of fear/shock from your companions when you activate one is priceless.

On another note, guild-wise, if you want into the JC's imp guild on Jedi Cov (Artistically Done, which is basically inactive, but I'm guildmaster so I guess we can do whatever) just let me know and we can arrange a time to pop on so I can invite. I'm not really into being part of super active guilds so it suits me fine that I'm the only one ever on, but I know some people love active guilds so it's totally up to you guys.

21. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    I'm buying KOTOR off Steam after the weekend. It's only $9.99, and I'm definitely interested. What have I got to lose? :)

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

22. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    You won't regret it :D that's how I got it last summer and I've played it three times since

Padawan Fangirl likes this.
  23. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I still need to play KOTOR 2+Restoration Mod.

But....Peragus and Telos...

24. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    There's skip Peragus mods, possibly Telos too. I didn't use them (though after 5 straight glitched games I probably should have) but I know some def rely on them.

25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Anyone know what's going on at KDY?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk