main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    The new flashpoints? No idea, haven't really been paying attention.

2. Nattu

Nattu Jedi Padawan

Jul 29, 2013
    Rebecca,
    I would be interested in joining the guild with my Imperial characters.

3. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    If you have the patience to wait, every couple months it drops down to $4.99

4. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006

All right, first step is letting me know which ones. I think I can only send guild invites when we're both actually online (thus being unable to add my other imp characters to the guild, sadly) so if you want to add Tlen, and tell me the names of yours, it'll be easier to invite them. And then finding a time we can both be online. I can pop on at any time in the next few hours, and probably tomorrow after ~4pm PST. If those times don't work we can figure something else out. (Just a note that I'm currently levelling my Consular, Sabinn, so if I'm online I'm probably on that character)

Just reminding that it really is an inactive guild so there's only the 5% xp bonus rather than the (up to) 10% you can get from more active ones. And there are other JC members in it still, but they're rarely on and I don't know who they are. I think I've seen one other person online out of the eleven or so members in Artistically Done since I joined. But I'm there with Tlen and would be with my other characters if I could :D

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Here's a Sith question from a Sith ;) - do you guys consider the Sith in this order to be the reference to 'once more we will rule the galaxy' which Sidious referred to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Good question. I'm not super good with Jedi/Sith history but it seems to me that either Revan and Malak's invasion or the Sith order in TOR (not sure how they compare) would probably be the furthest the Sith have gotten before Sidious. I'd like to think he was referring to the era, at least :p

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Revan conquered one third of the galaxy, Vitiate one half, so in terms of geography the latter over former.

8. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Still, impressive. Got pretty far, though against an admittedly pretty useless Republic.

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Revan did that in two years, while Vitiate took nearly thirty... And Revan had a much larger Jedi Order to contend with.

It swings in roundabouts.

10. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    just finished a back to back KOTOR 1 & 2 playthrough!

:) Awesome

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  11. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I'd love to be able to do that but I don't know if I could get KOTOR 2 working again :p What sort of playthrough did you have? I haven't tried a dark Revan or Exile yet, I'm considering it.

In case anyone was ever wondering how to get me to block them on SWTOR... this would be it. I've started screencapping these people to save my own sanity and keep from ragequitting. And leaving general chat off. Doesn't block whispers though. [face_plain]

12. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    light sided female reven jedi consular :) was very fun

13. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    So, now that my last midterm was just submitted (a game critique that I almost did on KOTOR 1, but decided it was probably older than the prof wanted and I wasn't familiar enough with it so I went with Portal) I'm thinking about another KOTOR playthrough, this time with a male Revan. I'll probably get bored with him (number of male characters I've gotten bored with when I could be playing a game as a woman: probably upwards of a dozen) but I'm also trying to decide whether I should go dark or light with him. You all who've done male Revans, do you have a preference? Is the story (I'm thinking particularly the ~romance~ with Bastila) better one way or another?

14. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Rebecca_Daniels

For the Light Side Male Revan, Bastila makes you work for it. Which I found to be the more enjoyable experience. The Dark Side version IIRC gets her automatically if he lets her alive on the Star Forge after they dual.

BTW, I like your avatar!

15. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Thanks Furio! I was probably going to go light as I have difficulty playing dark in these games because I like the party members too much, but good to know - and it's canon so I guess it's good to experience at least once.

Shannon Szabados is my girl, love my Canadian women's hockey team. I try to keep my yelling about hockey elsewhere but I had to celebrate :D

16. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    No worries :)

Yell anywhere you want it was another great performance by our girls!

I love KOTOR. :p

17. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    I always feel bad going dark side also, I like my party members

18. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I never yell at my girls but I do yell about women's hockey a lot. Wrote a paper a couple years ago about lack of support for them and women's hockey worldwide, double standards, and the like. It was very reasoned ranting but I still get mad over the unfairness of it all.

When I found out that dark side Revan can kill a bunch of the companions it was just like oi, I don't know if I can ever do this! No matter the game, I can't be rude to the companions, even the ones I don't like. Of course, if I don't like them I just tend not to interact with them at all.

Oh, I should try a male Exile too, I guess. Forgot I haven't ever had the Handmaiden since on all my 50 bajillion tries that were ruined by glitches, I was always a female Exile. Mical wasn't that interesting anyway, except as a counterpoint to Atton [face_love]

19. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
  20. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    So, how is anyone's SWTOR campaigns going? I'm heading towards my 4th level 50 now and realising I got totally spoiled by starting with the Trooper class first. All the companions have the same main stat and wear heavy armour (except the best droid in the game) so I could always pass off my old armour to them but all these other classes the companions are totally different stats-wise. What a change.

So that's a 52 Commando, 53 Juggernaut, 51 Sage, and 39 Gunslinger... any recommendations for what I should focus on next, once term's over?

Also, thoughts on the guild ships and player housing? I think it'll be fun at least, regardless of how they implement it.

21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Rebecca_Daniels, I started out with Trooper too and you're right, they/we definitely are spoiled, companion-wise! As for me, I have 6 classes completed (story-wise, anyways)–a Trooper, Knight, and BH at 55, an Agent at 52, and a Smuggler and Warrior at 50–and am currently at level 25 as my Consular.

22. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I haven't gone through a huge amount of companions but as a group I think the Trooper has the best companions. The rest of the classes are kind of haphazard groups (which works for some of them!) but the Trooper is... I dunno, different. Still my favourite storyline this far. Warrior a close second.

I actually haven't quite finished the Consular story. Must warn that it really slows down after chapter 1 (or at least I found it did) but the companions are very interesting imo. Note all my high-level types are female and all but the warrior are light side and I know the story can be very different if you go other routes. And I just can't be bothered to play Makeb which is why I haven't hit 55 on any of them yet :p

How's the Knight storyline get? I think I made it to Nar Shaddaa and got bored. My agent is on Alderaan so I'll work on levelling him... eventually. After my smuggler and consular are done, at least. Can't wait for term to end so I can focus on that :D

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The Knight storyline is great in Chapter 1, especially after Nar Shaddaa, good in Chapter 2, and amazing in Chapter 3. Cannot recommend it enough. But even for all that, the Trooper still holds a special place for me because it was the first class I did, so even if it's not written the best it's just...different. I'm on Nar Shaddaa with my Consular and I'm like man, this place was so fun on Trooper! It's just not as exciting after the first time, I guess.

24. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I really have trouble figuring out whether I just really liked the Trooper story or if it's a first time kind of feeling. I definitely think it's underrated among players, it rarely makes the list for anyone's favourite class storylines but it's pretty good, lots of memorable fights. And imo the end of chapter 2 was pretty intense. Man, I should replay my Trooper.

I have trouble getting into some of the storylines, specifically Knight and Inquisitor. I had difficulty with the Agent's story too at first but I pushed through the beginning and it got better. But Knight just... hmm. I started a new one to try again and went dark side and it's a bit more interesting but I'm having trouble pushing through in the hopes of being better later. I probably will eventually, but for now I have my smuggler :D

Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    I'm currently playing thru a Knight storyline and have been enjoying it thus far. Sometimes I also play trooper and have been trying to play my newly-created smuggler but I'm just more into the knight storyline right now. Level 36 just finished chapter 1 and started Balmorra.