main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I think there are mods that let you get both Handmaiden/Disciple at once at least. Though I imagine the dialogue would get a bit funky :p

My favored tactic when it comes to the Wookiee is just doing Nar Shadaa first and going full dark there to get him, whereupon I go light again. Kinda leaves that planet high and dry, but I have never been able to go a full DS run. *shrug*

EDIT: I played the second one on my old comp. Haven't tried it on the new one yet though. Never played the first on PC though.

2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I am currently playing KOTOR on my Xbox 360. I wonder, does KOTOR II glitch on Xbox?

3. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Yeah, I had that mod installed briefly but it got weird. Mira references the wrong one being there, so I realised I was probably missing out on dialogue and got rid of it. Playing a male exile doesn't annoy me that much :p

I am pretty much a pure PC gamer, Kato. I love modding games too much to do otherwise. I think it glitches less on console, but I'm unsure. I also think I have a particularly buggy copy or something, but it's just off Steam?

4. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't know how well K2 works on the 360. I know that on base X-Box it's just unfinished though.

My K2 had some funny graphical issues on my old comp Becca. I didn't have save wrecking glitches...but then, I only reached Dantooine before other games distracted me :p

5. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    Smuggler gets a different companion based on light/dark side decisions? I thought the warrior's option of turning Jaesa dark or keeping her light and inquisitor letting Zash possess Khem Val were the most leeway the game allowed as far as choosing companions (excluding Treek and the HK).

6. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    It ought to work better on a console, simply because the specs of the machine are what the game's geared for, rather than having to adjust to each and every PC, being installed somewhere weird, etc etc. When I was googling for K2 fixes, all the glitches were pretty much coming out of PC players, with only occasional console issues.

Yeahhh... all my issues were late game (ish)... which meant starting over... from Peragus... [face_beatup] I don't recall graphical issues, but it depends probably on the computer being used.

No, different companions in KOTOR 2, not SWTOR. The latter's are, as you say, pretty much set.

7. Lenea_Sandstrider

Sep 2, 2012
    Oh Peragus...

I understand they were going for survival horror but that felt really out of place even in a dark game like K2.

As for consoles, I know that the first game has some issues on 360. Graphical/sound primarily. Never tried the second one on 360 before though.

Kato Sai likes this.
  8. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
  9. Lenea_Sandstrider

Sep 2, 2012
    That's a mod to look into if I ever get around to reinstalling the game.

10. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    Question regarding the Vette romance story.... does each convo happen in a particular order? I'm just about done with Belsavis, and only about 400 points from maxing Vette's affection bar. I've already had the "for the long term" convo, but nothing romantic. I've been presented with maybe 2-3 flirt options by now (not a lot for the entire story) and turned them down for options that yielded higher affection. Is it too late to pursue the romance?

11. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Yes. You have to pick the flirt over the high affection nearly every time in all conversations. I know there's a couple that it's best to not pick with Kira and Kalliyo but they're obvious because they give you negative affection if you do.

Sent from my X-wing via R2-J6

12. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    Really? And there's no way to fix/reverse this? All the time, all the dark side points I didn't get, wasted? Across the entire game so far, there were maybe two or three flirt options ever presented. Why put so much weight into a single response?

13. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Because that's how it often is in RPGs? Especially Bioware ones, you have limited times in which to start the romance, after which the additional flirt dialogue options begin to appear. I would have thought it was obvious that a flirt option needed to be taken? There's usually only around 10 conversations with a companion so 3 options is a pretty good number. Vette has her companion missions so she has slightly more but in SWTOR you have to instigate the romance, they don't come onto you.

EDIT: And people have been asking Bioware to allow replaying companion conversations after they're over for some time but they haven't done it. So there's no going back or repeating without starting anew.

14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I wish there was an opportunity to explore the Revanchists or Jedi Crusaders. The idea of Jedi war mongers fascinates me.

15. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    Screw it then. It's not my fault bioware implemented a horrific romancing system. I'm just gonna say the romance story worked out to conclusion, and I don't care what anyways else has to say of it.

16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Romance by definition should be optional. If I want to be a Jedi according to the Code, I must be celibate. But if I want to emulate and be like the Jedi of the New Order, I can marry. It is all about what you really want. In the case of TOR, the romance is not forced upon you, which is how real life works. You either try to cultivate relationships or not.

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  17. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Exactly that, Kato. I know people who refuse to play romance storylines no matter how tempting because it doesn't fit their character, and honestly I'd rather this mechanic than what always ends up happening to me when I play Mass Effect 1: I try to be friendly and always seem to end up in a romance anyway because they're not easy to stop without being mean to the character in question. I'd rather have to seek out their affections myself - kind of like how it works in the real world. Adds a level of immersion for me.

Kato Sai likes this.
  18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Life is options and choices. Bioware has done a good job of letting us virtually experience just how a decision ripples. We may not corrupt everyone around us with the Dark Side, but "the bad apple does spoil the whole bunch." The fact that romance requires a great investment of time makes it all the more realistic. Life is not like Hallmark movie or the cliché love stories. You have to pursue a relationship or not. You cannot win someone over (normally) with a few lines of dialogue (if you do then you should really for safety reasons postpone doing anything rash in that relationship and uncover why the person is already ready to commit so quickly).

19. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    ME1 is odd in that regard. The first time I tried playing a fem-Shep I was going for no pairings...and ended up with Liara anyway.

I still, to this day, have no idea how that happened. Needless to say I'm a bit more careful when replaying the first game :p

Kato Sai likes this.
  20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    The trick is just to ignore the potential romantic person in game if you do not want to insult them. :p

21. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
  22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    "Enough Bastila! I am sick of this bond business! Bond with someone else!" :p XD

Skywalker_T-65 likes this.
  23. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    That mod doesn't really help me because... well... I use the save editor to fill up my inventory at the first opportunity. :p

Liara actually gives you a chance outright to say no, in her 2nd conversation. Something about "I'm interested in you, I feel a connection, you too?" And you can take the middle option to politely tell her no. But Ashley and Kaidan are near impossible to send away without choosing Liara over them. I thought my m!Shep had gotten Ash to back off in my most recent playthrough (don't talk to me about how much I play Mass Effect and now Dragon Age, I know it's unhealthy) but then the next conversation was romantic and talking about "later"... of course, it didn't matter since I was going to rescue Kaidan that run but still. I need an out! The sequels are far better at it.

And the number of times I've wanted to tell Bastila to take her bond and shove it... :p

Kato Sai likes this.
  24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Bastila: Are we bonding?

Revan: No.. I don't believe in bonds. I keep all my credits in off shore accounts.

Bastila: Uh.. I think you are confused.

*The Truth, I was tired of this bond business and tried to change the subject.* :p

25. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    I tried a flirt option and Vette responded negatively to it, so excuse me for thinking bioware implemented dynamics to each character. I thought that, like in real life, it's not up to the one person to make every advance and so long as I don't reject anything she approaches me with, it would work out. It doesn't matter. As far as I'm concerned, the romance was successful and I got the points for every additional convo. Not my fault bioware is too disconnected and lazy to create a dynamic romance system.