main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    {spoiler alert}

Anyone know how the knight and warrior stories tie together chronologically? the warrior becomes the new Wrath in the onset of the rekindled war, with the true voice missing and Baras usurping the role. However, in the knight storyline, the emperor appears to have already been restored to power by the events that concluded the warrior storyline, with the war already raging when Scourge appears as the Wrath. Is there more than 1 wrath at a time? If so, where was Scourge during the warrior's story?

2. Darth Maaliss

Darth Maaliss Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2014
    Played TOR and didnt mind it. Stopped playing about 12-18months ago but looking at signing up again.

I have a Asajj Ventress style Ratataki SiN begging to be resurrected.

3. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005

I've been re-subbed to SWTOR for about two months now for about $13.00 / month. I feel that for the amount I play, and the Cartel Coin stipend I receive, it's a proper price.

The game certainly has an active population, this much I can vouch for.

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    For those of us who have not subscribed, how do we get speeders? As I just reached Nar Shaddaa and remember a comment of getting personal transport after Taris in TOR

Sent from a Kewonkian Lizard Monkey's TARDIS

5. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    You have to hit level 25 or buy the perk on the legacy panel somewhere for 40k - gets you access at lvl 10 (you get access at lvl 15 for subs). Note that perks are only for your current toon, not your account/legacy. But then you still have to buy a speeder - I highly recommend buying a cheap, multi level (the three tier ones) cartel speeder from the GTN (there's always some there) and then buying a cartel unlock - then you always have a speeder on all toons and no need to spend more credits buying speeders for every toon, unless you want to. I have about 5 speeders unlocked now :p

Agree on the sub being worth it. Maybe it's because I didn't start until f2p but subbing makes things so convenient. Unfortunately I can't afford it at the moment and I'm really noticing my preferred status :p Only 3 end-loot rolls a week in flashpoints, so hard when grinding for a specific piece of loot.

Sent from my X-wing via R2-J6

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Ah, ok, only a level 22 Jedi Watchmen ;) So I have a bit more grind on Nar Shaddaa before I get to the right level.

I haven't done flashpoints yet, how does that work if you end up going it alone? Just have to ask because when I have looked at those that seems to be my luck :p

7. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Yeah, definitely hit 25 before Tatooine. There's a speeder vendor on that planet too.

They're basically linear group missions with multiple bosses and it's one of the best ways to get orange gear early on. Don't solo unless they're at least 5-10 levels below... Even then go closer to 10 unless you're good or really well-geared. If you go solo it still counts as a weekly loot roll, as I discovered, by the way, and pretty much all gear is bind on pickup so if it's the wrong class you can't trade or sell on GTN - but your companions can always wear it. I could be wrong but I've noticed when soloing that I tend to get more gear drops for my class, which is pretty sweet, makes grinding easier. And if you're doing a FP that's 10 levels lower obviously the gear will be in that lower range - but I'm usually after stuff just to look good and I'll just buy new upgrades :p (I'm going to be running Athiss a lot to get some specific pants for my Hunter. He needs to look good) You can solo them in that level range but there are a few (I'd have to google them) that either bonus quests or the FP itself can't be done solo due to like 2 switches needing to be hit at the same time or something. Sidenote, I suggest always doing the level 10-15 FP, either the Esseles or Black Talon depending on faction. It's easy because it's a 2 person FP but if you join group finder you get 4 and so you pretty much can't mess it up, you get a ton of social points, some good starting orange gear if you're lucky on rolls, and an extra mission on Coruscant/DK from what I recall. Like do it before even going to Coruscant/DK, while you're on the fleet. You can get a ton of xp out of it by grabbing the daily/weekly/intro to group finder quests. I also suggest looking up FP guides just so you're not completely blind going in, or telling your group you've never done it before so they can share strategies. And some bosses have specific tricks etc. basically google any of the guides and you're good. I still haven't played most of them, tbh.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  8. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Revan started off as a very popular character. He was considered nuanced, powerful, and fascinating. However, ever since it was revealed that the Sith Emperor Vitiate somehow turned Revan and Malak to the dark side by force, people have believed that that and other retcons and additions to Revan's story have cheapened and/or ruined his character.

It has been said by some fans that they are digging Revan's grave at this point and that he will never be what he once was. Do you agree? What's your opinion?

Personally, I'm a fan of the original way Revan was portrayed. I thought his story and those of Darth Malak, Bastila, etc. were very interesting. Nevertheless, I don't have as much of a dog in this fight as I would in others. I'm just interested in hearing your opinions.

Merging with KOTOR fanclub.

Good_News_Nobody likes this.
  9. Malcolm Reynolds

Malcolm Reynolds Jedi Master star 5

Sep 2, 2013
    I liked the mystery in KOTOR 1 and 2 with Revan.If they did a true third game, I believe his legacy would be on a higher ground.

Good_News_Nobody likes this.
  10. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    That should be interesting. I wonder what Shadow of Revan will be like.

11. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    I think Revan is one of my favourite characters of all time. One of the things I liked about him was the ambiguity of his character's morality. Somehow a character that can and does go dark and then return to the light seems more real and interesting to me than someone who is purely for the light side or purely for the dark side. Having him forced to the dark-side makes him more one-dimensional really. For the same reason I really like the first book about Darth Bane - The Path of Destruction, because we see someone who seems damaged but still relatively moral and decent follow a darker and darker path until he voluntarily aims for the dark (by committing murder in cold blood) and then goes for it with all his heart (heading out into the tombs and figuiring out how to change the order of the Sith.)

I also find it interesting that if I lived in this universe I would want to be a Jedi and remain a Jedi (which is pretty one-dimensional) but the chatacters which I am most interested in as a fan are Revan, Jacen Solo, Darth Bane (and Darth Palgieus, although he never seems compromised by the light). It's also interesting that the Star Wars Saga in terms of the films is about someone with similar qualities to Revan, in that he is not bound for his whole life to the dark or the light - Anakin.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  12. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't care for the presentation of the character I have seen but I find it fascinating Revan appears to be one of the few characters others acknowledge as Grey.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  13. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    I saw real potential in the Revanites becoming a proper faction in their own right, evolving from a mash of traitors a dissidents to a faction with territories, academies, government, etc. Maybe not playable, but still present and persistent into later expansions and planets like the Hutt Cartel.

14. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Is this what became of the Acolytes of Revan?

15. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    [spoilers]

No. They were a rogue army raised to serve a singular purpose, failed, and were killed down to the last man. They were founded and operated for most of their existence without Revan. The Order of Revan could have at least lived on without him, rooted out of hiding in the republic's and empire's ranks to fulfill Revan's orders, forced to mold themselves into an independent faction operating beyond the reach of the established powers.

16. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    I did not mean the canonical members who served Revan.

Many years ago, there was a fanclub known as The Acolytes of Revan. I was a member for a long time.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    This is indeed the closest approximation, E. L.Knight. Many EUC threads have fallen, even staples like the Senate.

18. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Then I would like to see this club revived.

19. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    I want to bring back an old question that went unanswered: How do the knight and warrior stories coincide? When the warrior is betrayed he is selected to be the new Wrath, which implies Lord Scourge already defected and the knight was freed from the emperor's control by this time. However, when the knight begins their missions to stop the emperor from starting his ritual, the emperor is already back in control and appears to have gotten what he needed from Voss, which implies the warrior story is already concluded by the time the knight begins their mission on Belsavis. The only way this could be is if the knight took a lot of time "recuperating" between being freed from the emperor's control and the Belsavis mission. However, where is the new Wrath (warrior character) during all of this? Surely if the person the emperor recognized as his greatest threat teamed up with the former wrath, who knows more about the emperor than anyone else, he would send his new Wrath to dispatch them.

20. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    There is an implication, I don't remember exactly what, that what happens with the Knight in the end has already happened when the Warrior becomes the Wrath. I think it was when you spoke to the voice on Voss, but it certainly left me with that impression.

21. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012

I will assume this is from the TOR game, yes? I have not had the privileged to play, as my internet is not sufficient enough to play it.

22. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    No, because the knight killing the emperor's voice resulted in the emperor being forced into slumber, unable to interact with his servants, and reawakened only after the events on Yavin 4 in SoR. Basically in a coma only without a body. When the emperor's other voice died on Voss, it was voluntary, probably prepared for, which was why the emperor didn't suffer the same fate when he ordered the wrath to kill him.

23. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    The entrapment and death of the Voss body predates the death of the human body. He was aided through his Hand to a new body the first time, and it was a deliberate process, but his defeat at the hands of the Knight was psychically wounding, akin to the spiritual defeat of Nihilus.

This is similar to Palpatine, who transferred his essence to clone bodies no problem when it was a planned rite, but had to be aided by Sate Pestage to limp back to Byss while possessing Jeng Droga, and resurrected by the spirits of ancient Sith Lords, when defeated by Anakin, and Luke & Leia, respectively.

I will note that the Emperor did maintain contact with his servants after his death at the hands of the Knight though, e.g. his Children.

24. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Anybody doing any current KOTOR playthroughs?

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  25. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    I am, actually! Rereading KOTOR comics and Legacy as well, as part of a project to read/play/watch every book, comic, video game, RPG, show etc of the old EU before December. ;)

Playing my favoured dark side female, ruthlessly pragmatic but not sadistic.