main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I plan to play KOTOR 2 again as soon as I finish my current play through of the Baldur's Gate series. With the TSL Restored Conent mod, KOTOR 2 is my favorite RPG that doesn't have Fallout in its title.

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  2. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Ah, KOTOR II. Very underrated. My favourite video game and Star Wars EU work of all time.

3. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    I liked Kotor 2. Only thing I didn't understand was how the jedi were almost extinct at the hands of the sith even though the Triumvirate seemed to be a fraction of the power it was under Revan and Malak, and the republic seemed to still be doing just fine. With the exception of Palpatine's brilliant strategy, the Republic and Jedi seem to rise and fall together.

4. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010

Kreia says it best: "It is a different war these Sith wage, a thing of silence and shadow. They strike from the darkness, hiding from the face of the galaxy, until all Jedi are exterminated. After all the Jedi are gone, then the galaxy is theirs, no matter whether the Sith or the Republic rules… it is the dark side that shall reign, unchecked."

Not all Sith have, nor should they have, mundane political ambitions i.e. supplanting the Republic as galactic government. Sion was obsessed solely with hunting down the few Jedi that remained after the Jedi Civil War, and used his assassins to do so. Nihilus, of course, was wiping the Jedi out wherever and whenever they gathered. The Triumvirate didn't need the kind of mundane power of great numbers of machines and an ex-Republic military renunciates; they had those who could track down Force-sensitives and kill them through the "special teachings" of Malachor V.

Furthermore, the Republic is on the verge of collapse in KOTOR II, and without the Exile and Goto's efforts, both directly, and indirectly through the restoration of the Jedi Order, the ailing Republic would have fallen: "In one standard month the Republic will collapse. Not due to secession or war, but simply because it lacks the infrastructure to support itself." Besides, the Jedi Civil War was what initially crippled the Jedi - the Triumvirate only had to purge the small remainder.

5. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    i plan to play both games again once I get a new Xbox. Mine died just before Christmas.

6. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Win

7. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    I totally agree

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  8. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    Top 5 companions from KOTOR and KOTOR 2?

1. HK-47
    2. Jolee
    3. Bao Durr
    4. Visas
    5. Bastilla

9. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    1. Kreia
    2. HK-47
    3. Bastila Shan
    4. Brianna
    5. Bao-Dur

Sinrebirth likes this.
  10. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    HK-47, Canderous Ordo, Jolee Bindo, Bao Durr and Visas Marr.

11. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    Hey we are pretty similar!

E. L.Knight likes this.
  12. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    1. Kriea
    2. HK-47
    3. Atton Rand
    4. Bastila Shan
    5. Canderous Ordo

13. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    1. HK-47
    2. Kreia
    3. Carth Onasi
    4. T3-M4
    5. Mission Vao

14. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    Mission! Totally under rated, she is awesome on taris and then really can help the group with her skills and ranged support, not enough mission fans

15. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    Bao Durr may be the most useful party member in both games combined, his skills are off the charts and he isn't bad in a fight, plus he has his little buddy that hangs out and helps out in the fight :)

E. L.Knight likes this.
  16. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Who, among the companions, is the one you like interacting the most? Mine was either Jolee or Canderous in KOTOR I and Visas or Kreia in KOTOR II.

I know its odd that I chose Kreia when I didn't in my Top 5 companion list. Kreia was interesting to talk to, but she was a terrible mission companion.

17. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    in KOTOR 1 probably Carth and Jolee, in KOTOR 2 I'd say HK-47

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Ambervikings91, use the edit feature to avoid double posting/stacking posts.

19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    1. Candarous Ordo
    2. Wookiee (Name I shall forget thee!!)
    3. Visas
    4. Bao Dur
    5. Brianna

Favorite to interact with? Visas for II and Ordo for I. Well actually for two the Echani girl was tied for favorite. Nothing like a straight shooter to spare with :D

20. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    My favorite characters to interact with are the same characters from my favorite list. I usually pick characters in RPGs based on wether or not I like the character rather than combat utility.
    Which Wookiee are you referring too? I liked the Wookiee in KOTOR 1, but I hated the psychotic Wookiee that joins your team if you go dark in KOTOR 2.

21. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Zaalbar and Hanharr respectively.

Probably misspelled those.

22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    The one in One! Obviously ;) I actually forgot the one in Two. . .I think I killed him in my last play if that is possible. ..hmm.

So, Zaalbar

Sent from a Kewonkian Lizard Monkey's TARDIS

23. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    thatw ould be zalbar or "Big Z" It is possible to kill big Z, though i never do it cuz i feel terrible

24. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    I always go Dark in KOTOR 1 so pretty much half of the Ebon Hawk's crew is doomed each time I start a new play through. Thankfully Bastila, HK-47 and Canderous all approve of Evil! Those three were my favorites so I would hate sacrificing them for Galactic domination. Killing the rest was worth it though. [face_devil]

25. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    If they were to make a new KOTOR game, what do you want to see? I, personally, would like to see them take TOR and make a single player offline campaign.