main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    The truth is, a force user's only real enemy is other force users and numbers. With split-second precognition they can outmaneuver any non-force user with a vibroblade and dodge/deflect any shots from someone with a ranged weapon, not to mention a lightsaber that only rare, expensive substances can resist. A sith/jedi or dozens of enemy soldiers maybe, but no single non-force user can match one.

2. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    In general I agree but there are exceptions to what your saying, grevious doesn't use the force and he killed a ton of jedi, its also very possible for things like large animals/beasts that can kill a force user as well or very cunning enemies like a bounty hunter who lays good traps for example or is simply able to use their skills to kill them. In general I agree but I would say "no single non-force user can match one".

ArtSchmo likes this.
  3. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I think Meyerm is more talking about what should be the case (and in specifically the spontaneously arising combat situations of KOTOR, so discounting bounty hunters with a target and preparation time and such), rather than what we actually see across canon. After all, aside from the examples you've given, there is the fact that individual, ordinary soldiers last far too long against the player in KOTOR, even if some of that can be ignored as game mechanics.

Why and how Grievous and the like killed Jedi? Well, that's the conceit of fiction. Any mere Padawan not holding the Idiot's Ball (and not beholden to the reveries of the plot) would just shove him with telekinesis again and again, even if more permanent solutions were outside the scope of their arcane knowledge.

4. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    A small aside... I use SWTOR background pictures on my PC, so I have a number of them downloaded. This one came up today and was quite surprising (I've put my own annotations on it since):

[​IMG]

It's a SWTOR ship against a background of Earth with Africa on the left and the Indian Ocean on the right.

5. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    That's somewhat amusing.

6. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    That's a wallpaper for Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight, not SWTOR...?

Joanne2108, E. L.Knight and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Yeah, says so in the bottom left corner its C&C 4.

Joanne2108 likes this.
  8. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012

HK-47 explains the MANY ways to kill jedi regardless of if someone uses the force or not. He also gets into non force users masking their minds against the jedi.

9. Beyfak

Beyfak Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2015
    Hi, who's playing on The Progenitor or Red Eclipse servers?

10. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm on Begeren Colony (5 50+) and Jedi Covenant (3 50+) so if anyone wants to hang out there I'm up for anything sub-55 since I don't have the expansion. Not sure who plays on Europe servers other than Kenobiwan, she might know though.

Oh, and I'm currently subbed for the summer so this is for anyone who plays: message me if you're preferred or free and want a referral link - even if you don't ever sub, you'll get goodies like an inventory unlock etc. and 7 days of sub if you're preferred status. Not trying to advertise, just an offer of help.

Sent from my X-wing via R2-J6

11. Agent M

Agent M Jedi Padawan star 2

May 13, 2015
    I've finished KOTOR II over 5 times.​
    What an amazing game.​
    [​IMG]

Ambervikings91 likes this.
  12. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Hey guys, Im new to this thread. Bardan redirected me here. I recently (finally) got ahold of KOTOR II; I've always been a huge KOTOR and SWTOR fan, but limited access to gaming devices prevented me from playing The Sith Lords. So! Now that Ive finally gotten around to getting it, I thought I'd post my thoughts over the next few days/weeks. Hope some of you guys would be interested in that!

13. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Depending on device, it would be a very good idea to get the Restoration Mod if you can. Not glitch free by any means, but it's almost a prerequisite to get the full experience of Sith Lords, IMO.

14. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I've never actually played it without the restoration mod. Well worth the effort to install.

15. Agent M

May 13, 2015
    Just finished it for like the 124314145574th time as a Lord Sith.

Darth_Dreadwar and ArtSchmo like this.
  16. ArtSchmo

ArtSchmo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 2, 2015
    Playing Knights I for the 35,897,564,234,678,666th time. Doing a canonical playthrough once again as the "mullet guy" (Revan's confirmed appearance in-canon). In fact, I've always favoured the dude with the mullet. He is the only male with that heroic Jedi vibe that we all love so much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Technically, there isn't really a canon Revan any more. One of the benefits of wiping the EU is you can choose for yourself what's in your canon and "canon" Revan can just... go.

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Well, I started my playthrough. Went female Jedi sentinel with all automatic stats and leveling up. It's...a bit weird so far. I have no idea who I am or what I'm doing, but my dialogue choices seem to indicate that I should. That, and the opening crawl seems like a huge jump from KOTOR. Suddenly, there are no more Jedi? I'm a bit taken off guard right now, but still optimistic about things improving a lot.

Agent M and Rebecca_Daniels like this.
  19. Agent M

May 13, 2015
    Just a little piece of advise: Don't auto-level up many times, actually I don't recommend auto-level up.

ArtSchmo likes this.
  20. ArtSchmo

May 2, 2015
    Yes, there is. The Legends universe still exists as an alternate timeline, and in the Legendsverse, Revan is a human male, physically in his late 40s, he has a brown mullet and brown eyes, as confirmed by the Revan novel and SWtOR. Also, headcanons are a thing, and mine is a hybrid between the old canon, and this new Disney one.

21. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Legends is what you want it to be now, and I'm allowed to believe that "canon" (not really canon, because in canon Revan doesn't exist, only in Legends) Revan is terrible. I love SWTOR but Vitiate and what they did to Revan and the Exile is awful and I'm glad it now never happened.

22. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Agreed. Though I've never liked Sithperor.

23. ArtSchmo

May 2, 2015

You don't have to like it, but the fact still stands that the Legends universe has a canonical structure of its own, in which Revan's appearance and gender are clearly defined.
    That being said, I don't Like SWtOR or their treatment of Revan and the Exile, either, and actually don't consider it to have ever happened in my personal headcanon. Such a disgrace it was. I still accept it as the canonical account of events in the Legends universe, though, because, well, I have very little choice. It happened and that's that.

24. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I agree. Revan and the Exile were both greatly diminished by Karpyshan's book. Obsidian made the character of Darth Revan as an interesting, morally grey figure, willingly embracing the dark in order to save the Republic. Karpyshan meanwhile retcons Revan's motive into something as simple and stupid as Revan was brainwashed. His portrayal of the Exile was even worse. In KOTOR 2, the Exile is unique in that she creates powerful force bonds, is a hole in the force and was the only Jedi to willingly face justice from the Jedi after the events of Malachor. Karpyshan ignores all of these traits in favor of portraying her as a one note Revan fangirl, always talking about how awesome Revan is despite the fact that he had her commit atrocities like at Malachor. Its been a while since I read the book, but I recall one line that says the Exile acted like a Padawan around Revan. Her death was also terrible. I just can't buy the idea that the woman whom defeated 3 of the most powerful Sith lords could get stabbed in the back like a chump. And all for the purpose of keeping Revan alive with her ghost? Seriously? To Bioware, it seems like her entire character revolves around Revan. Finally that name is terrible. Meetra Surik? :rolleyes: "Revan" and TOR becoming Legends was probably the sweetest part of the Legends announcement (although LotF getting axed is also a strong contender for that spot).

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe in canon, it's a mystery who "Revan's mask" actually belonged to and Revan novel/SWTOR is one of many theories, the split personalities being an attempt to reconcile conflicting accounts of whether he used the light side or the dark side.

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.