main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. RainSolo

RainSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2015
    I'm a big fan of the two KotOR games. Never played TOR, but I kept up with the lore as I love the time period! I was pretty bummed with the novel Revan particularly
    the treatment of the Exile
    but other than that I've loved pretty much everything about The Old Republic time period. I'm one of those people who can harp on for hours about how there should be a third KotOR game and about how all The Old Republic EU should be canon, but I'm sure its a sentiment people are sick of hearing, so I'll spare you all :p

I would be totally game for an Old Rep based Netflix show though!!

2. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I love KOTOR and KOTOR 2 to pieces. Please give us a final installment, Disney. Do what Lucasarts failed to do.

RainSolo likes this.
  3. DarthKuriboh

DarthKuriboh Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2007
    I play SWTOR and so far I've had more fun playing Twi'leks and Togruta than anything.

4. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I love that KOTOR and Revan are so beloved that Abrams and those involved in "The Force Awakens" pay homage to Him in Kylo Ren's outfit.

[​IMG]

5. Agent M

Agent M Jedi Padawan star 2

May 13, 2015
    Still need to play the first KOTOR game, I only played the second one.

6. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Something for the KOTOR fans in SWTOR:

[​IMG]

In these letterbox conversations your character is unvoiced unlike usual, it's all very nostalgic.

Also if you haven't seen clips of the hilarity that is HK-55, they brought back everything we ever loved about HK-47 in him. SWTOR is better than ever, IMO.

7. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I miss KOTOR. I wish a digital copy was available on my computer or Xbox 360.

8. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    So based on an earlier thread, are the KOTOR comics good?

9. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I only read a few of them, but I really liked them. Keep meaning to get my hands on the entire set so I can read them all.

Sent from my X-wing via R2-J6

10. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I've heard they're great, but I don't have access to confirm.

11. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Old school Revan = bada***.

And, of course, my girl, Satele Shan kicking some Malgus posterior.

12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Is Fallen Empire worth subbing again for?

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  13. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    This is about two things really, and if you don't want to be spoiled about SWTOR Knights of the Fallen Empire, stop reading. Bardan Edit: Not much of a spoiler warning there. Spoiler code added.

Firstly, The Eternal Empire and Zakuul. The empire itself seems to be very old, several centuries at least, but has inherited an ancient fleet far older. I hope it will be explained as new content is released, but I like to speculate. I assume the fleet is of a long dead ancient race. Not sure if Rakata, but possible. But what of the human populace of Zakuul that now operates it? Where did they come from, and how did the emperor find/lead them there?

Now, Valkorion himself. The sith emperor in a new form. What does he want? First he wanted to consume all life everywhere. Now he just want to rule a galaxy-spanning empire? He had the power early on to reshape the Sith Empire in whatever form he desired and rule with them. As an ancient being who's spent over a millennium in preparation of a grand scheme, he certainly changes his mind on what he wants a lot.

It seems Zakuul was already populated before the emperor, and he just sort of showed up as a godly figure and forged a powerful empire with them. But how did he find and take control of the great fleet? What are his ambitions? So many questions I hope will be answered in time. Speculations?

14. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    This belongs in the SWTOR fanclub. Merging now.

15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder what would have happened if Revan gave the tome to The One.

16. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    ^The story still progresses the same.

17. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    Pretty much. I don't think the remaining Rakata would have been in any position to reclaim what their dead empire left behind. That ship has sailed.

18. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Yes and no. Their main problem is lack of connectivity to the Force, but it is telling that we still have the Rakatan Archipelago as a major power in the Unknown Regions surviving into the Legacy era, and not only have they made progress on the Force issue, but they also have an ancient Sith sorcerer for an ally!

In Legends, the Rakata definitely do seem poised to make a return.

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Hey guys I gotta question - it's technical one. What do I need to do to make KOTOR 2 run on my computer? I'm willing to accept that it might not but I at least want to try - I haven't played the game in ages.

20. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    If you PM me your specs/operating system, I'll get back to you with a step-by-step guide... it can be pretty complicated and very much dependent on what OS you have. ;)

Darkslayer and Admiral Volshe like this.
  21. Agent M

May 13, 2015
    FINALLY played Kotor I a month ago. It was sooo good but I think I prefer KOTOR II because of its characters

spicer and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  22. Darth Juris

Darth Juris Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2016

Kotor 2 was good. Definitely felt it was darker than 1.

Agent M likes this.
  23. Agent M

May 13, 2015
    Yeah, specially since it showed what the war had caused. The deserted Jedi Temple in Dantooine and the Sith Academy in Korriban not being more than ruins (it was weird seeing people in those at first because I played kotor 2 first, lol) . I also feel like it gives a better understanding of the Force, The Exile, Revan and other stuff, mostly because of Kreia's teachings. It also provokes more thinking, again mostly because of Kreia

24. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Kreia was a great character. And I would love to play TOR, but only have Macs. Alas! You'd think they would have played it smarter for more money by making it for both systems, like Blizzard did with World of Warcraft. As that's who everyone bases themselves off of in some form or another. *shrugs*

Still would prefer a "true" KOTOR 3 like nearly everyone else, but I don't think Disney will do it either. Oh well. Someone mentioned an Old Republic show though….LOVE that idea. So long as it is written well.

It's way overdue for Star Wars to have a live action tv show running in prime time.

Davak24 and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  25. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    One of the SWTOR devs said the cost to port it to Mac wasn't worth the increase in player base - basically their data said very few Mac users wanted to play it.

As someone who really likes SWTOR, though, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to KOTOR fans. It's tied to KOTOR but it's better to consider it its own thing and ignore what they do to Revan and the Exile. Especially with the new expansion taking it in a completely different direction.

Sent from my X-wing via R2-J6

Mitth_Fisto likes this.