main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Yes…I've heard how Revan and the Exile are treated… [face_sick]

Don't get me wrong, the TOR story lines are interesting. Vitiate is intriguing, if way too OP. lol Buuuuut….yeah.

2. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I wouldn't say Vitiate is any more 'OP' than, say, Palpatine in Dark Empire, or Darth Nihilus. It gives them some interesting plotpoints, at least, dealing with a bored, immortal character who has ostensibly grown beyond the notions of Sith.

3. Darth Juris

Darth Juris Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2016
    I've been wanting to ask, what is the future of the Old Republic Era in terms of material? SWTOR seems to release new stuff in the form of expansions for the game but other than that, what are the chances for more material on the Mandalorian Wars, Jedi Civil War, Great Galactic War and so on? Revan and the Exile's story is over but I'd read a book on the other characters backstories or after the games. All of it would be "Legends" which suits me fine.

The problem is I think the people that really like the EU, specifically the Old Republica Era, fall into a niche market but are very into all of Star Wars too. They can just keep releasing new canon material because it captures both this niche market and the greater Star Wars fanbase.

4. Corac

Corac Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 16, 2015
    They're almost definitely not gonna be releasing new Legends stuff (at least, not something that takes the financial investment a video game does), so it wouldn't be KotOR *3*, but a KotOR *reboot* from BioWare I can see happening...or at least I really hope it happens.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

5. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I agree with Corac. Anything Legends related…forget about it. Not coming back. Sadly.

Reboots however are another matter. No offense, Corac, but I disagree with you on this one. NO reboots, please! The reason we love them is because they are perfect or near so. I don't want it mangled beyond recognition, thank you. If you must touch them, then continue them and declare them Canon.

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I wouldn't mind a reboot of Kotor 2 with the unfinished content fully done by them. Now that is a reboot I could get behind ;)

7. Corac

Corac Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 16, 2015
    I've been saying for years that KotOR 2 is one of the very few videogames that warrants a true remake rather than just a remaster...but now that's less likely than ever, and a reboot would most likely just use/build on BioWare's KotOR.

I'm not sure I'd even want to see a KotOR 2 without Chris Avellone's involvement, but if it found its way into Obsidian's hands somehow, I'd utterly explode with joy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Davak24 and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  8. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Better still, a KOTOR film trilogy, I say. KOTOR, KOTOR II and the untold epic story Avellone had planned for KOTOR III.

9. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I second the call for a KOTOR film trilogy.

10. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I don't think that is such a good idea. A film of KotOR 1 would be pretty cool but I don't think the film medium could do KotOR 2 justice. The best parts of KotOR 2 IMO are the conversations with the NPC companions, especially Kreia, which really developed the characters. Unfortunately films have quite limited run time, so if KotOR 2 was to be adapted it would probably be most of the character developing conversations that would be cut from the film. In my opinion KotOR adaptations would be more suited to the comic book format. In the comic medium, KotOR would be able to keep the visuals of the video game while also not being limited by the strict run time of movies. As a bonus, Chris Avellone talks all the time about wanting to write more KotOR and more Comics. Now that he is freelance, I bet it would be really easy to hire him to write new stuff for a possible KotOR comic series.

11. Dmasterman

Dmasterman Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 8, 2008
    I haven't kept up with ToR lately (and don't want to subscribe just to talk on the forums), but from what I understand, Valkorian, is actually Darth Vitiate. And for some reason he left his large Sith Empire and ended up creating a new one called the "Eternal Empire".

So First off, why did he do this? Why go off, and build some new empire when he already had one? From what I'm reading, he has had roughly Four Empires. The Old Sith Empire, the Reconstituted Sith Empire, the Sith Emperor's power base and now the Eternal Empire.

Why has this guy been faction jumping when his previous one wasn't even destroyed?

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    This discussion probably belongs in the KOTOR/SWTOR fanclub. Merging now.

13. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    If the story / characters would stay true to the original thing, I'd pay to see that. And again. And again. And again.

14. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    My choice would be a Walking Dead type comic to TV series adaption of Zayne Carrick's KotOR prequel story where we see the very beginning of the Mandalorian wars and Zayne's changing friendship with Alek. Revan would also make cameos as an androgynous voice-masked mystery character once again. SWToR Revan needs to be wiped away.

15. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    I loved finding the hologram of Bastila on Korriban during KOTOR2, hearing her talk about Revan was haunting.

16. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Just great, The Vanguard! Now you made me all nostalgic!

I was thrilled when playing the restoration mod cause either there were more Bastila hologram scenes, or I played better and managed to get enough influence with T3 to unlock them. :p

The Vanguard likes this.
  17. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I can't help it Amon_Amarth! I just can't forget the feeling I had when Bao-Dur opens up about his past and begins to learn the ways of the force. Or when you find Lonna Vash's corpse on Korriban, the terror that she must have faced. Or when you're walking AS FAST AS YOU CAN on the ocean floor of Manaan in fear of the Firaxan sharks! JUST TOO MANY GOOD MEMORIES!!!

18. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    The tombs on Korriban were beautiful lore gems! Not just shoutouts to, but actual storybuilding based on KJA and Tom Veitch's Tales of the Jedi etc. That's why Korriban remains one of my fav KOTOR era planets, despite being a desolate snakeSith pit of despair. Also, how can one not be a fan of archaeology of Force-imbued artefacts and effectively Indiana Jones in space!?

And even worse than the Firaxan sharks... when you've actually run the fastest you could and gotten to the safety of the Hrakert Station, and when you think the bad stuff is behind you, and then you nearly get a heart attack as you hear a Lovecraftian madman's voice coming from a locker.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  19. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    =D=

Oh man! Heart attack indeed. That felt reminiscent of the 343 Guilty Spark level on Halo. Albeit not nearly as horrific.

FAVORITE KOTOR (1 OR 2) cutsene/level??
    I think mine has to be playing through Dxun in Kotor 2. I loved finding Canderous as the head of the newly unified mandalorian clans! Not to mention fighting through the tomb of Freedon Nadd. [face_nail_biting]

20. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Well, it seems I have found my way back here. It has been a very long time. Amon_Amarth, I remember you quite clearly. You would have known me as Zandoran.

Long Live Revan!

[​IMG]

21. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    That was scary! It was the classic Mulder & Scully mistake of splitting the party! :p But thankfully, people aboard the Ebon Hawn are awesome by default, so they managed well. Who did you send to go to Dxun, upon returning to Onderon?

Fav cutscene: Probably the flashbacks of Revan's encounter with Bastila and the Jedi strike team that keep appearing through the game, and then culminate in that amazing reveal. In fact, that scene with a mix of dialogues hinting at Revan's fate was probably my favourite experience in gaming in general.
    Jedi don't believe in killing their prisoners...

:eek: Zandoran Celix! Awesome to see you again! [:D] I've also been away from the boards for a little while, but keep coming back. All roads lead to Rome JC...

And boys does this bring back nostalgia. Go Acolytes of Revan! :D

E. L.Knight and The Vanguard like this.
  22. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Ebon Hawk crew defaults to awesome. haha, love that./
    I remember taking long, careful consideration on who I would entrust the mission to. After all, the fate of Onderon depended on it! I WAS THERE! lol
    I would usually send Atton. I always thought it was good for him to face/fight the sith he once aligned with. Support team would vary, usually Mira or Bao-Dur would be there.
    I can't remember who the locked character was that you had to take with you to Onderon. Was there one? I knew I kept Handmaiden with me *crushin hard*

That reveal was insanely epic. About as epic as Vader's reveal to Luke in ESB.

lol

23. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    You know....I've played the game a few times and I am unsure what reveal we are implying.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6745 using Tapatalk

24. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012

Awesome to be back.

25. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I think Canderous ensured his own front row seat to the biggest party in the system, all under the excuse of "oh, somebody's got to fly the Basilisk". :p

I remember accidentally picking Mira for the Dxun mission, but it worked out perfectly; it was right after we had a chat about the Force on Nar Shadaa, and she became more attuned to it on Dxun. TFA step aside, KOTOR II was a festival of awakening!

Its something in the water...from the ships filtration systems...

Davak24, Darth Traya and The Vanguard like this.