main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    You know, if KOTOR 3 is ever made, I'd like part of the plot to be about taking down The Exchange (and Czerka) for good.

What do you guys think?

2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I remember the fishy fishy crazy guy in a locker in the underwater part of Manaan.

And I too killed Juhani in my first play through. Didn't even occur to me that I had missed a character until I saw my brother playing it with her after I had finished the game. Though the blacked out character slot was the guy at the beginning that died on the Endar Spire.

I'm going to have to play the two kotor games again now I think. Its been a few years, too long.

The Vanguard likes this.
  3. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    That guy was crazy.
    Or how about the other mercenary diver you meet up with who gets swept up into the mouth of a firaxa shark as you come out to the ocean floor area? Freaky!

Trask Ulgo was his name? I meant to say missing *8th companion. I'm just glad I wasn't the only one!
    Doesn't the game force you to
    kill Juhani if she's your companion and you side with Dark side Bastila at the Rakatan temple? It's like the writers were Mandalorian crusaders that hated Cathar.

Davak24 I could see something like that. Maybe Czerka tries to team up with The Exchange under the table, keeping it from the public. Then as the protagonist takes down Czerka, The Exchange backs out and goes deeper underground to regroup.
    What do you guys think about the Jedi rebuilding after the events of the Exile? Maybe BIOWARE could recycle their old "build your team" model but this time it's to rebuild the Jedi order.

Davak24 likes this.
  4. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    The Vanguard

That'd be awesome. I would to also have The Exchange and Czerka aligned with the "true" Sith as well.
    It would make sense, I think. They would supply weapons among other things to them.

I'd love that!
    Would we see a return of characters like Bastlia and Candeous?

The Vanguard likes this.
  5. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Yes exactly! Davak24 ! The real threat remains hidden and uses a mega-corporation and crime syndicate to achieve their goals. Similar to what happened to Onderon in KOTOR II but a little more complex with more players in the game.

IMO Canderous had ridden his last wave with Meetra Surik. Maybe they could reference him several times since he was fully active in rebuilding the Mandalorian clans and would be a relevant character. Who was Revan's child again? Maybe the game could use him as primary in-game character.

Davak24 likes this.
  6. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    The Vanguard

That would be incredible! I love the idea the true Sith would be pulling the strings with Czerka and The Exchange.
    This would also give us the chance to introduce some new Czreka/Exchange world as awell.

Alright. That could work. If we're rebuilding the Jedi Order, maybe we can expand the planets we visits?
    I would to it like this: introduction world (Taris/Peragus)-next world before having the ability to explore the Galaxy(Dantooine/Telos)-your 4 planets (I'd like there to be 8)-then the beginning of the end game (Unknown world/Telos)-and finally the final showdown (Star Forge/Malachor 5).

Thoughts?

The Vanguard and darklordoftech like this.
  7. What Are The Odds

What Are The Odds Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2016
    I liked EVA in the prologue of the second one. You control a droid and actually go outside of the Ebon Hawk with vastness of space around it.

The Vanguard and Anedon like this.
  8. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

I found that tutorial annoying and a bit odd too, what with the strange female computer voice narrating and telling you what to do, and the second droid that was never seen again, oh and mines on the ebon hawks hull? KotorI tutorial was a much better introduction I think.

9. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    The second droid is seen destroyed on Peragus.
    I also loved this tutorial. :)
    KOTOR 2 is in my opining much better than the first game.

What Are The Odds likes this.
  10. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

Ah OK, just going by memory. How did it get destroyed again?

11. What Are The Odds

Jul 31, 2016

"Prior to the Ebon Hawk's arrival on Peragus Station, 3C-FD was shot several times and irreparably damaged by a stowaway HK-50 series assassin droid hiding aboard the Ebon Hawk. The Peragus officials placed the droid's remains into a quarantine locker, and were later found in there by T3-M4. Soon after these events, the facility was destroyed and 3C-FD with it"

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/3C-FD

12. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Hmmm I don't remember that. Did we get to see it happen in a video log or just text log?

It's the voice that bugs me most in Kotor2's tutorial, she never shuts up, and ends up being interupted by herself all the time because you procede too quickly for her. If you could turn her off and just play it as a prologue it would be much better. The computer really shouldn't be explaining to you, as the exile, about what is going on while you are unconscious. Might not have been so bad if the Ebon Hawk computer was actually talking to T3, telling him what to do to fix her instead. That way the computer would have seemed to have been part of the story, rather than an odd narrator.

13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

I actually really liked the narrator, for whatever odd reason. I found it amusing, if nothing else.

14. What Are The Odds

Jul 31, 2016
    You come across the broken 3C-FD unit while cruising around the station as T3-M4. IIRC, you had an option to repair him. There might even be an engineer's report log on one of the computers about that particular unit. Can't remember anymore.
    The narrator didn't bother me at all. It's guiding the player, not Exile.

15. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I was just thinking that someone should make a film of KOTOR. Make it either fully animated (Pixar, DreamWorks), or live action (Halo: Forward Until Dawn). It would serve as means to share what we fans of KOTOR love about this EU/Legends story of Revan and the plethora of other characters. Thoughts?

Revanfan1 and The Vanguard like this.
  16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    My thoughts, it would be seven hours long and a lot of disgruntled fans for the scenes cut, and humorous dialogue not used from different character pairings :p

17. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

I would imagine they would stick to the pairings that are atypical and the Revan story arch. :)

18. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    There was a guy who was taking all the cutscenes and a lot of playthrough videos to make a KOTOR Trilogy of the first game. Never know if he got it finished or not.

19. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Sounds good to me.
    Though I'd prefer live action for a movie like this.

20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

The Old Republic era should not be abandoned. Its my favorite period next to the New Republic Era.

Davak24 likes this.
  21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Could Jedha be the Ossus to Ach-to's Tython?

Maybe before they were Jedi and Sith, they built a temple on Ach-to. At some point, they split into light side users and dark side users. They battled for 100 years ("the Hundred-Year Darkness" mentioned in Star Wars #9), and then the dark side users headed for Moraband while the light side users headed for Jedha.

22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

According to "Star Wars: Jedi vs. Sith" by Ryder Windham, Tommy Lee Edwards, Chris Trevas , the Jedi were once tribes who had temples (nine) and were called the Je'daii, and they had families. At some point, members among the Je'dai believed they could use the Force in different ways. The Je'daii dedicated themselves to the Light Side, called Ashla because it promoted peace, love, and defense, while from among the Je'dai rose a branch that was outcasted, known as the Dark Jedi who used Bogan or The Dark Side. This Great Schism eventually would desttoy the family system of the Je'dai, because children started to become seduced by Bogan. This resulted in one of the first wars between the Je'daii and the Dark Siders. The Sith do not come about until Naga Sadow subdues the race of Sith, and become their lord, taking the title of Dark Lord of Sith; which all acolytes of the Dark Side, like Palpatine assume the title in honor of Sadow's Dark Side take over and enslave me of sentient life.

More of Je'daii:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Je'daii_Order

23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I was talking about if the Old Republic era is developed in canon.

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi vs Sith was written before all the Je'daii-related stuff - which came from the Dawn of the Jedi comics.

The ban on families didn't really get instituted on a major scale till after the KOTOR comics - which were set during the era shortly after Exar Kun.

Even then, there was something of a reinstatement of "Jedi with families" during the New Sith Wars - with there being Jedi Lords who sired dynasties and ruled planets whilst opposing the Sith. The Ruusan Reformation in 1000 BBY basically ended the Jedi Lord system.

Kato Sai likes this.
  25. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Hey Iron_lord which KOTOR game do you like better?