main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I've not played them - but I have read "Let's Play" descriptions. I liked the KOTOR II one better, but that might have been partly the way the narrator did it.

2. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Was it the one by Scorchy?

3. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Probably - if that's the "JediJesus" one.

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Hey guys, I played SWTOR again today after a long absence. However I do have 3 questions:

1) Do we have a guild, and if so what server are we on?

2) Do you have to subscribe to play Knights of the Fallen Empire?

3) When is the next expansion coming out?

5. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Yep. That's the one. Lol.
    To be fair, KOTOR 2 suffered from a rushed release date by Lucasarts thus leaving KOTOR 2 in its bug/glitch/incomplete state.

6. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Still a dang good game though!

Davak24 likes this.
  7. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    It sure is!

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    The Kotor comic is my favourite, 2nd kotor1, close 3rd kotor2.

SWTOR does not exist in my head canon.

What Are The Odds likes this.
  9. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    What do you think of the Revan book?

10. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

Listened to the audiobook of it. Didn't like it at all, and what Karpyshyn did to the kotor characters was inexcusable, especially the Exile. I think it was clearly written just for the money that EA was throwing about.

Davak24 likes this.
  11. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Agreed 100%.
    I'm still waiting for a proper KOTOR 3.

12. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

Me too. Can't see it ever happening though.

Would you prefer to play as Revan or the Exile, or as a new main character? Which crew members would you most like to see return?

I think that it would be great to see the Moomo brothers and their carefree love for explosives again.
    I'd chose J.J. Miller as the main writer too.

13. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    I'd like to play as both, if possible.

Party members I want back:
    Bastila
    Canderous
    Carth
    HK-47
    Atton
    Visas
    T3-M4
    Handmaiden
    Mira
    Visas
    Bao-Dar

The rest too, if possible. One of the reasons why I love KOTOR games comes from its great cast of characters in both games.

Something I mentioned earlier is that I would want KOTOR 3 to have you taking down Czerka and The Exchange for good.
    Both organizations have been with us since KOTOR 1, so I think it would be appropriate to put an end to both of them in the final installment.

14. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I really liked the Revan book *hides*

15. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Technically there's one on Jedi Covenant, but it's long dead. I might still have a character in the guild but I don't play on that server any more. I'd say choose whichever server you like best and ask in the lit TOR thread (which is more active about SWTOR than this one) and see if anyone else is on there too. I'm purely on Begeren these days.

Yes, but you only have to sub for 1 month at this point to get all 16 chapters. You keep access if you let your sub lapse.

Info for KOTET I believe will be announced in November. I'd hazard a January start for it at the earliest. It's basically going to be KOTFE season 2.

Sent from my X-wing via R2-J6

Darkslayer and Amon_Amarth like this.
  16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    While I've never played them myself, I've read walkthroughs, and liked the KOTOR II walkthrough I read a bit more than the KOTOR 1 one.

17. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Play them! They are amazing! :)

18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Ludo Kressh's tomb recalls the Dagobah cave. Just as Luke encountered Vader, Surik encountered Revan and Malak. I wonder if Ludo's spirit could have appeared. It would have been cool for Ludo's spirit to tell you about how he could have been the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  19. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    The problem I have with The Old Republic is the story in trailers is epic and feels KOTOResque, but in the gameplay it does not transpire with the cut scenes or immerse you the way KOTOR and KOTOR II did. That is why I hope (against hope) for a KOTOR III.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  20. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Iron_lord, chances are you'd love them! :D Glitches are nicely patched up nowadays, through GOG games. :) Bioware always did have a thing for fleshing out party members really well. With Ludo Kressh's tomb like darklordoftech said, and the twists and surprises, space battles, droids, Mandos, fringe, srs Force bsns and lighter comic relief, KOTOR games are quintessential Star Wars. ;)

Agreed! MMOs are ok, but single player RPGs provide the best storytelling medium and immersion.

21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

As I often say, "character driven stories are the best," even if the plot isn't great or perfect, if you care about the characters you will care about the plot.

Disney should allow those game developers who want to make Legends based Star Wars Games make MMORPG The Old Republic sequels and as you called it the Single Player RPGS of KOTOR, starting with KOTOR III.

22. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    That, would be absolutely brilliant. I feel like KOTOR 3 is too much of a hot potato not to happen eventually (after Half-Life 3 maybe :p), I just hope the right people are the ones to do it. I'd also *love* to see yet another Jedi Knight game. Those were so much fun, and one can hardly have enough of Kyle Katarn. That is, if Legends are ever continued, which I hope beyond hope it happens.

23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

The Jedi Knight series was fun. I clocked in many hours on Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. :D

I hope Bioware makes KOTOR III and that they get a team to make it like the one that made KOTOR I.

24. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Obsidian might be a good 2nd choice. Whereas TSL was unfinished at the time it was initially released, the restoration mode game is pretty good. Also, Obsidian gave us the amazingness that is Kreia.

25. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    KOTOR II has the advantage of that surprise update on Steam. Now you can get the Restoration Mod direct from the Steam Workshop, and play the complete game.

Well, mostly complete.