main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Anyone else think it would be amazing if Kotor was just remade as an isometric RPG like it's predecessors Balder's Gate I & II? The game world and story could be made so much larger without the huge expense and time it takes to make a modern realistic open world 3D RPG.
    Bioware could cheaply and quickly do the Kotor I & II story and then continue the story with a Kotor III all within the same game with story expansion packs. They could even do the prequel comic as a Kotor Zero story. They'd make loads of money really quickly at low risk.

2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014

My problem with KOTOR II was merely that if I did not go to planets/systems in a certain order, the missions became impossible to complete (XBOX/XBOX 360). In KOTOR I would sometimes go to totally different places, going to Tatooine first, but maybe Manaan second or I even tried Korriban. :D

3. What Are The Odds

What Are The Odds Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2016
    Does anyone else think the early stages on Pegasus mining facility felt a little bit like it had some horror elements? Especially, when Kreia waked up from her sleep of death behind your back? And then you just walk around expecting the worst around every corner, but it's not really there. Also when Darth Sion arrives. During my first walkthrough I felt uncomfortable after entering the docked republic cruiser. Also, it's an interesting scary twist, when you finally find out through holo recordings, who actually sabotaged the station.

4. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Peragus is fairly classic horror cliche throughout, to be honest.

5. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    I agree.

6. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

Oh man, that audio log where a droid starts mining the guy's leg with a laser, his scream in pain sounded so real and terrifying.

Revanfan1 and What Are The Odds like this.
  7. What Are The Odds

What Are The Odds Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2016
    Of course, it's Peragus. For some reason I wrote Pegasus.
    Surely that saboteur was a first class sadist. An attribute common to his kind.

8. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    All they had to do was dim the lights a bit and it would have been perfect.

9. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm fairly certain there's a mod or two for that.

Maybe.

10. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Yes, there is, it's one of my favourite KOTOR 2 mods after the restoration mod. Otherwise I'd use skip Peragus, but the dimmed lights and creepier soundtrack make it excellent. (here if anyone is interested)

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I actually think the bright, almost welcoming lights make it creepier, like this should be a bustling place but it's...not.

What Are The Odds likes this.
  12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Gosh dang it I wish I could get my computer to play KOTOR 2. I know I can, I just can't figure it out!

13. Jedi Master Josh

Jedi Master Josh Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2016
    Greetings, fellow Star Wars fans.

Today, my brother told me about a 'Sith Emperor.' He was able to transfer his conscience from one body to another, in order to try to live forever.

I've been reading the 'Darth Plagueis' novel and it makes no mention of this emperor. Considering Plagueis was trying to live forever.

14. Jedi Master Josh

Jedi Master Josh Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2016
  15. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    If you don't play the Old Republic mmo, I would suggest discounting from Legends anything to do with it, along with all retcons it forced. To have the history of Star Wars Legends to be continued to be effected and controlled by an mmorpg story is quite ridiculous. I believe Luceno thought this too and made sure it was said that the Sith Emperor did properly die at some point in the past.

16. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    I'm not the most knowledgeable in the area of EU material but I think you might be referring to the Sith Emperor in TOR?

17. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Ooooh, cheers for sharing that!
    Creepy atmosphere on Peragus was very well done, and it served as a great intro to TSL, which is quite a bit darker than its predecessor.

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Merging with KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub. Also Jedi Master Josh, please make use of the edit function to avoid double posting.

19. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Part of me wishes they also release KotOR II on the iPad so I can play both games on the go. I've only played that game once.

I need a bit of help with a project, I will be developing new banners for the EUC, a banner representing one of each era of the timeline and a goal to have it animate between the different banners.

I will be focusing on the Old Republic era first and it be great to have some input from everyone on who and what to be featured on the banner. Will be limited to a few elements to best represent the core of that era.

This is a very rough example:

Characters: Jarael, Zayne, Revan, Kreya, Malgus, Shae Vizla
    Elements: Republic Cruiser, Ebon Hawk, Sith Fighters, Coruscant

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Add a Nihl mask a certain HK I would suggest

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  21. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    +1. I've played through the android version of Kotor a couple of times now. A version of kotorII with the restored content would be very welcome.

If its for the Old republic era and not just Kotor and SWTOR media, then I'd say Exar Kun, Ulic Qel Droma and Nomi Sunrider.

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Those are good suggestions.

It is open to outside of the KotOR media from… Dawn of the Jedi (though thats pre-Republic) or Tales of the Jedi... all the way through to the Ruusan Reformation.

A friend has been telling me that there might be an official remake or remastering of the original KotOR in development. Not sure how accurate that is.

23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I love how the Black Rakata are like a Rakatan Fight Club, with The One being Rakatan Tyler Durden

RafSwi7, Mitth_Fisto and Amon_Amarth like this.
  24. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Nuuu, I'll miss my Jaina/Jag & Rogues. D:
    *composes self* Ok. :p I guess in addition to Jarael, Zayne, Revan and Kreia, maybe Mandalore / Mando Basilisk wardroids would serve as good representatives for the Era.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Jaina, Jag and the Rogues will be featured in the other eras ;) Besides, this will take some time to develop and will have this one a while longer.

Amon_Amarth likes this.