main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I definitely have a planet preference for kotor 1 but 2 I'm all over the place to max out companion dialogue and stuff. It's more fun to wander in kotor 2.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  2. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    It has been so long since I played the games.

3. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    Still playing in 2016.

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Because she doesn't leave your ship on Korriban no matter which order you do the planets in. However, that means if you do it last you only lose her for one planet. If you do it first, second, or third (highly doubt I need to tag this but just in case):

You don't get to use her on Korriban, and then between the third and fourth planets, the Leviathan mission happens and Bastila is captured by Malak. So you have to do the fourth planet without her, too. But if you do Korriban last, then you can use Bastila on Tatooine, Kashyyyk, and Manaan, and then lose her before Korriban, where she would not have joined you anyway.

For this reason, I do Tatooine first (easiest planet, too, if you do it right), followed by Kashyyyk and then Manaan. I always save Korriban for last not only because of the Bastila thing but also because by then you've leveled up significantly and you definitely need the extra skills on Korriban to take on some of the enemies, at least IMO. Plus, it just fits the story best because (again tagging):

You basically bring about the fall of the entire Academy and the death of every single Sith there...which seems like something that would happen toward the end of a story, not the beginning.

E. L.Knight likes this.
  5. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Ah, yes, point taken. I think a replay sometime this year is in order. Though I'm contemplating trying out TOR.

adve likes this.
  6. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    SWTOR is a good game. I prefer KOTOR,though. But the KOTFE extension is a little lame IMO.

7. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    My issue is that my DSL is slower than most other peoples connections. I can stream Netflix and Hulu but gaming, I'm unsure of.

8. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    If you can stream video without buffering you can play SWTOR

9. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    It buffers every once and a while.

10. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Have many people checked out the restored content from KOTOR 2?

mJedi775 likes this.
  11. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Meanwhile in the Jedi Academy:p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Must have mod. It adds so much, that it is simply impossible for me to play the game without it.

12. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Hey guys, just imagine if the Battle of Khoonda was actually awesome.

I would replay that level for ages if it was.

13. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    It's been a while since I played the KOTOR games; I really should do so again. Those games are really fun and have good stories. They held up really well. I used to play them, especially the original KOTOR, all the time. I do play SWTOR alot. I'm a little sad that we departed from the Empire vs Republic and hope they get back to that eventually. Still, I did love KOTFE and KOTET. They did pretty good with the story.

Revanfan1 and RafSwi7 like this.
  14. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    KoTOR nostalgia has hit me recently. At first I was like "What? Where is my lightsaber?" or "What? I thought the gameplay will look like from the combat from the Jedi Knight series!". I was extrmely confused but I have kept playing and the story, lore, characters, atmosphere and incredible attention to details completely blew me away. One of the few games that I can say I know by heart.

The best thing is that after all these years the magic is still there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Revanfan1 and JediKnight75 like this.
  15. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    BTW

If you are looking for some KoTOR/SWTOR (or from other eras) models for the Jedi Academy (the only game where I can have Revan fighting Valkorion, Malak, Anakin, Mara Jade and Kylo Ren at the same time). I recommend files compiled by JKHub user named Jeff:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jw4a026brkhniwv/AACHXP1R1vWv8QM_Drp-aF3pa?dl=0

Link to his thread: https://jkhub.org/topic/5134-jeffs-never-ending-wips/page-1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BTW

If you are into strategy there is uncompleted (space battles are great but ground battles are not fully functional) but still remarkable mod called Old Republic at War.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Revanfan1 and Amon_Amarth like this.
  16. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    After seeing those screenshots I have to replay it for sure. You're right, the game doesn't get old. The characters are so great. They managed to make the game feel like the OT and yet completely original which is hard to do.

mJedi775, Revanfan1 and RafSwi7 like this.
  17. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Many thanks for the mod, RafSwi7 ! That's my evening sorted. :D
    I absolutely love the Jedi Academy skrims, it'd be awesome to add Revan to EU favs.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  18. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Man you guys are making me want to play again. Unfortunately, I just started Dragon Age: Origins and I am in love!

19. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Haha, Bioware did extremely well on that one. I had all of the KOTOR feels while playing DA:eek:. The campsite is basically Ebon Hawk. :p

20. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    Very interesting looking mods

21. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    Origins is another game I need to replay. Compared to KOTOR and the first two Mass Effects, I haven't played it near enough.

E. L.Knight likes this.
  22. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Likewise - I ought to play it a bit more. Alas, Darth RL doesn't leave as much gaming time as it used to. But I do listen to DA:eek: soundtrack frequently. Inon Zur did an amazing job! Especially Leliana's Song. ;) Jeremy Soule's KOTOR soundtracks were pretty good, but they don't have something as poignant as this.

If we ever get KOTOR 3, I want a special soundtrack with Tavern Cantina Songs, skin to DA: Inquisition. :p

Enchanters! JedI!
    A time has come for battle lines.
    We will cut these knotted ties,
    And some may live and some may die.

Might pass as Revan's recruiter bard. :p

23. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    For years I felt like Taris was the planet I enjoyed the least, much of this is due to not being a jedi but as the years have gone on I now think it is one of the best planet in the entire saga! It is fun starting out at a low level and having very few companions and inventory in my opinion.

24. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    What exactly does the mod add?

25. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012

I assume it restores KOTOR II to the full game it was meant to be. It finalization was rushed and they cut a lot out of the finished game, but left the code in.