main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR THE MOVIE: EPISODE 2 UNDERWAY!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Kaydon_Sentry, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaydon_Sentry

Kaydon_Sentry Jedi Master star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Yeah... 2 1/2 hours on the first disk, wow... thats a big challenge... one that is so crucial to take on though... as a director, I have fallen in love with too many of my shots, way too often. Which doesnt neccesarily help the film...

A perfect example is in my Civil War movie... our final shot of the whole shoot... our baby, our martini take was a huge set up, a surgeon's tent where a character almost gets his leg hacked off. Total subplot, I loved the scene but it didnt push the main story (of the brothers) forward. So we axed it, and the final cut was tighter and overall a better film. Thats what dvd extras are for. :)

Anyway, 40 to 60 hours PLUS of game... into two hours. With KOTOR, it might be three two hour movies... think of it, the first film could be Taris, Dantooine, and maybe half of Korriban... then the second film Korriban (so its a darker movie) and maybe Kashykk, and maybe end with THE twist, and then wrap it up with the third one, I dont know. Its a huge undertaking, but the fun part is... what to keep! What to cut! ARRRGH! :) the joys of an editor...

~Kaydon

2. Semi-DarkLord90

Semi-DarkLord90 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2004
    And friend and I wanted to do a Red vs. Blue type thing with Republic Commando, starring our 'special' ops clone trooper named Flippy. I have all of the materials to do it, just not the time. Argh.

-Semi

3. ultimateguy

ultimateguy Jedi Master star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    This is the first time that I've heard ideas like this. For video games on playstation or playstation 2, what do you use for editing? I've tried using a VCR but the cuts are rough. Is there any way to get the footage onto a PC? Last time I checked my camera didn't have an input for footage (except Firewire).

4. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Most capture cards have RCA inputs.

5. Evil-Henchman

Evil-Henchman Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2004
    ultimateguy you darksider. Join the light side and use PC games to make your movie and remember, friends don't let friends play console games. Seek help from a friend. :D *prepares to be flamed*

6. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    *takes the flamethrower in Halo*

Oh, wait, there's not one on consoles yet.

I prefer consoles. Localized controls, not having to go all over a keyboard for it, and best of all, not worrying about system specs. And, the FPS control layout in Halo is kickass.

7. ultimateguy

ultimateguy Jedi Master star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    Yeah I know. I like PC games more as a general rule and the only console games I play are the Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy series.

I have KOTOR on PC but have no time to make such a massive game into a movie.

8. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    I *should* get KOTOR PC, even though I'd prefer the Xbox control scheme and such.

Why?

Immense sound library =P~

9. marethawk

marethawk Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2005
    If you made a KOTOR movie, it would take alot of work, and a lot of crew and money. When you do kick this off, I will be rooting for you once i see the opening sequence, pop-corn ready and with my softdrink. KOTOR the movie, would be a day long remembered.

10. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    What? He's not talking about making KotOR into a movie, he's just talking about editing the FMV sequences (and a few gameplay sequences, obviously) together into a coherent narrative.

11. Zappa_0

Zappa_0 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    Yea, funk is right. I could do every scene in KOTOR if I had the maps done and enough people to film it with. In fact I wouldnt have to spend a dime on it.

12. marethawk

marethawk Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2005
    My mistake. I thought I read something about making the game into the actual movie. But if KOTOR was turned into a movie, I'll be ready to view it.

13. LiamMcBrackenbard

LiamMcBrackenbard Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2004
    so Kaydon do you have like any test footage to show just yet?? Like maybe the first level aboard the ship or something? Id be real curious to see what you do with this.

14. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    I'll most likely get a mov of the opening sequence... and the first cantina scene on taris online this week.

Its very interesting, I'm supplying the voice for our hero... and I've matched the audio with the other voices of the game pretty seamlessly. This is going to be fun.

I do about one sequence a night (after work) since I don't want this to take over my life. BUT! I've hit the 16 or so minute mark and I'm just meeting Mission for the first time. Its looking great!

When this is done, for those interested I will send free copies of the film on dvd... at cost, but thats a ways off. But for now Ill try and get a clip online once work slows down (should be wednesday).

~Kayd

P.S. And not to worry, I've done professional voice work in the past... so it won't be TOTAL cheese ball. :) My IMDB link:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0584409/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxwbj0wfHE9S2V2aW4gTWljaGFlbHN8aHRtbD0xfG5tPW9u;fc=2;ft=20;fm=1

15. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    Wow, you worked on both Bobby's World and Newsies. Marry me?

16. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    Hi all,

I thought I'd throw this pair of clips online today, to give you an idea of what I'm doing with this KOTOR movie. The compression might have the video a little dark, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Some things to notice:

1. All shots were color corrected. In a small movie file its hard to tell, but on a tv the different settings really look more photorealisitc and the lighting is a bit more dynamic.

2. Yes it's my cheesy voice. Not my best work but it was late. The majority of the performances will be top notch, as best they can speaking into a camera mic.

3. All music added in post, obviously. And Star Wars wipes used throughout.

Here are the links:

Taris Nightclub Scene:

http://members.aol.com/smets97/club.mov

Stealing the Sith uniform:

http://members.aol.com/smets97/uniform.mov

Two Endar Spire clips will be put up sometime tomorrow. Enjoy!

~Kayd

17. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    ...So no matrimony?

18. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    If you can make thins into a chohesive body then I'd more than be up for posting you a blank dvd. How cool would that be to sit down and watch

19. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    sweet.

ps: baywatch? lol!

20. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Ooh, spiffy.

21. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Nice job. Looks really good.

22. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    The guy in that first clip almost sounds like Kyle Katarn.

Almost.

So, if I'm reading this right, you're saying that this doesn't have any of the original music or voices?
    My first hint shoulda been the techno in a Star Wars club, lol.

Anyway, is that the case?

-Vaportrail

23. Semi-DarkLord90

Aug 16, 2004
    Look here for some music:

http://www.igromania.ru/music/?swrepublic

You should find *some* music.

Not that I said anything. [face_shhh]

-Semi

24. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Yeah, I can't read russian, but it's Star Wars music on that site and I would highly recommend it for a Star Wars-type project.

-Vaportrail

25. Semi-DarkLord90

Aug 16, 2004
    You don't have to read russian. I can't, but it tells the names in English.

-Semi

(Oh, right click and save the music.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.