main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR THE MOVIE: EPISODE 2 UNDERWAY!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Kaydon_Sentry, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Great Job! I can't wait for this to be finshed. You should make the 1st film, post it online then work on the others ones.

2. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    impressive, most impressive.

do you have some sort of production schedule that youre working off of? perhaps you could give us some idea as to when the first film would be finished and online.

great work so far. cant wait until all three are finished, although i expect it to be some time.

one other question. will all three films have the traditional SW opening crawl, or just the first film? love to know how itll all look...

:D

3. KuruDawson

KuruDawson Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2004
    Woa, man. Awesome stuff. I know how eventually you could become bored with this idea possibaly, but please don't give up on this one, It is truly a unique look, and I will want a DvD, btw. lol.

You should put up a website based on this idea, I know I'll promote it to all my online fellows.

Let me know if you will put up a site of some sort, man. This is too cool to keep just on these boards. Um, but make sure if ya do make a site, that you post Lucas' Copywrites to these games all over the site, don't wanna get sued, huh?

4. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    As I mentioned before, Kaydon's little clips has inspired me to retry editing a little KotOR movie as well. Now, as I've got the PC version, I can do a very, VERY slight amount of editing, and using this, I can set a few scenes up in advance, and slightly change various things.

One of the earlier things that I'll change is the introduction of the hero and Carth. Instead of the hero waking up, and hearing a call from Carth later on, I currently have them both fighting on the Endar's Spire bridge, moments before Carth will call for all hands to head to the escape pod.

I did some shooting today with everything set up, and well, here's the result... (note that the one line from the hero(still need to give him a name, prolly something Skywalker) and the music is temporary and likely to change.

http://alx.vanderleun.com/~ruben/bridgefight.zip

5. han_solo_321

Dec 14, 2002
    Nice Job! You two should work together!

6. Rebel11_38

Rebel11_38 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    The work you're doing on this project looks great! Can't wait to see the finished movie!

7. Kaydon_Sentry

Kaydon_Sentry Jedi Master star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    Some tidbits: (actually, a lot)

*The entirety of the game will be split into three movies, with each runtime totalling under about 2 hours, since I do not have the capacity to burn dual layered dvds just yet. Gotta keep it under 120 min.

*Episode 1: "Knights of the Old Republic" (tentative title) starts on the Endar Spire, takes us to Taris, obviously, then Dantooine... a special surprise... and then comes to a thrilling conclusion on Kashykk. (Thanks to the advice from these boards). With the Wookie situation solved as its climax... The ending will be upbeat, similar to TPM and ANH. Even with a celebration of sorts. :)

* The Yavin IV spaceport is the 'special surprise' in Ep1, for those who don't have X-Box Live or the PC version. The Rodian character that inhabits it will be modified slightly, with new subtitles, making him more of a wiser, old 'Yoda-when-he-was-quirky' style creature. He will also appear in 3.

* Episode 2 looks to be the best of the trio. Starts on Tatooine, then moves to Korriban, and features the climax and big twist on the Leviathon as its cliffhanger ending. The twist revealed, Bastila missing, all hope seems lost for our heroes... or does it?

* Episode 3, then opens with Manaan (which will focus mostly underwater), Yavin IV, then the Unknown World, and finally the Star Forge and the epic ending.

* Juhani will not live past Dantooine. Sets up a huge failure for our hero Logan in the first film. It haunts him throughout the adventure.

* Through editing, the main nemesis for each film goes something like this... Episode 1- Calo Nord (think Jango in Ep2 of the PT), Episode 2- Saul and Darth Bandon, and Episode 3, obviously... Malak (and Bastila).

* BOTH endings will be seen. Lightside and Darkside. Though I will most likely go with the lightside ending as the story. BUT! Our hero will have a dream sequence that features not only the darkside ending, but a haunting vision of him killing Jolee, Carth, and forcing Zaalbar to kill Mission! This trilogy is to serve as a way to experience both sides of the story, years from now, without having to play it so much.

* Episode 1 features Pod Racing. I know they say swoop racing, but I'll be using footage from SW:Racer Revenge to make the high stakes race on Taris more exciting. It looks like there'll be no time for pod racing on Tatooine or Manaan.

* I will have no problem providing dvds to those who ask. Though legal issues worry me, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I will not do anything to get in trouble, if that means no dvds or online chapters, then sorry :(

* Jolee is like our Obi-wan from ANH in Episode 1. And HK serves as a refreshing new character (like Lando from ESB) in Episode 2.

I hope everything has a good week. Take care!

8. Rebel11_38

Rebel11_38 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    Can...

Not....

Wait!!!

Sign me up for one of those DVDs, please!!!

9. han_solo_321

Dec 14, 2002
    When you finsh please post the entire film online, if you have to then make a part 1 part 2 part 3 and part 4 and stuff like that!

10. McC

McC Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2001
    Major props for your direction and story choices, and also for the work you've done so far. I too would like to get one of these DVD sets when you complete the project, and also urge you to release it on-line here at TF.N.

I'm just kinda annoyed that you beat me to it ;) But not in any real fashion. Definitely looking forward to what you come up with! If you don't mind, drop me a line at mcc at mcc3d dot com (broken up to avoid spam) with regard to DVD details and such. Also, if you want any other 'tips' or anything, feel free -- I've played through KOTOR1 more times than I care to try and count, so I'm very familiar with the storyline on both sides.

11. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    When you're done, I'll want a DVD too...

Here's how it usually works: I send you a blank DVD and a postage paid envelope. You burn the mobie onto the DVD, then send it back in the envelope. Then we don't go into the grey area of paying for postage, and the chance of charging more and making money (most of us wouldn't, but it's nice to cover all the bases). Counting the blank DVDs, I paid $15 for three copies of To Know a Jedi- and the guy who made it didn't see a cent of it.

12. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    Good idea, that.

I want a copy of this when it's done, too!

13. mouldy-bun_baloney

mouldy-bun_baloney Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2005
    I'm looking foward to its completion.

14. Semi-DarkLord90

Semi-DarkLord90 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2004
    As long as the DVD is free, I'll take one. Maybe if its 5 dollars, I'll take one. Nothing over 5 dollars though.

-Semi

15. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Semi- NO. That's the point- no money can exchange hands. Not for shipping, and certainly not for the DVD itself. Read my suggestion on shipping with a SASE* a couple posts up.

*Self Addressed Stamped Envelope.

16. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    Everyone calm down :) Let me finish the thing before we even get to that point. No way will I accept any profit from this. It's not why I'm doing it.

Anyway, any ideas for titles for the three? And also, for Episodes 2 and 3, I will be doing my own opening crawl, to catch up on events. Episode 2's crawl will mention their flight to Tatooine in hopes of "finding Bastila's mother as well as the star map." Something along those lines.

17. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Sorry, didn't mean to sound snappy. Just wanted to drive home the point that excahnging money like that is illegal.

Crawls aren't my strong point. Not the strong point of any of us, I'd think, because of how we all seem to hate fanfilm crawls :p If you really want, I could try to draw something up though.

18. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    Crawls are taken care of... kinda. :) I mean episode titles. And not "The Shadow Falls" or "Dark Force Rising". :)

19. McC

McC Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2001
    At one point in the climactic montage you hear the line, "I fear this will lead you down an all too familiar path." Perhaps "A Familiar Path" could serve as a title for Episode II, given that that's when the big surprise is revealed.

*SPOILERS FOLLOW*

And as for Episode III, the most obvious and fitting title would be "The Star Forge." "The Return of Revan" might also work, given that even a bystander will be shocked to hear that Revan returns (and this won't necessarily spoil the big surprise). I prefer "The Star Forge" though.

20. KuruDawson

Nov 11, 2004
    Please let me know if this dvd will have custom cover art? Or will you just release it in a standard DVD-R case?

I'll definately want one, btw, so add me to the list.

As for legal issues, I say to contact KOTOR's creators, and send an email the people there about the issue, find out if it will be allowed, then loom futher from there.

21. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Aka, LucasArts? They'll take the same stance that Lucasfilm does- ignore it. Best to let them do that then bring it to their attention and force them to do something about it legally.

22. KuruDawson

Nov 11, 2004
    Well, this is the way I see it: It's the same as a fanfilm. It takes the SW name, but the creators never get in trouble about it.

23. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Fanfilms, strictly speaking, are illegal. But we don't talk to Lucasfilm, so we don't force them to do anything about it. Having Kaydon contact LucasArts would force them to do something about it. I don't want that to happen to this, this film has a lot of potential and I wouldn't want to see it get shut down.

24. StoyBoy720

StoyBoy720 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    My suggestions for titles:

"Dark Deceptions" - 2
    "The Jedi civil War" - 3

25. mouldy-bun_baloney

mouldy-bun_baloney Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2005
    The film will be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.