KOTOR THE MOVIE: EPISODE 2 UNDERWAY!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Kaydon_Sentry, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Grevious1991 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Why would Kaydon fabricate something like this? I mean...this is serious stuff we are talking about (copyright infringement). The letter isn't false...I recieved the exact same letter when I used to create fan trailers using bits from the Star Wars movies...
  2. Kaydon_Sentry Force Ghost

star 2
    Alright everyone. Probably you're wondering what's going on. Right now, I can't really say. I want to say I'll do anything I can to save the films. Like it or not, we have to follow the legal team's advice.

Finding a way out of this will not be easy. Only now, it's more or less a legal issue. Originally this was to be made for fun. Let's just stay tuned. Several options for us.

!!!!!
  3. darth_Boba Jedi Master

star 4
    What's the date today? April 2nd? Alright, now I believe you.

So, the films are still going to be made, but we're likely not going to see them? Huh. Might not be the best option for everyone wanting to watch it, but at least they're going to get made anyway.
  4. MarcusDade Jedi Master

star 4
    If its a consolation to anyone, I've always wanted to do a trilogy of star wars fan films for Kotor. :p

Although it wont happen for a while because of how busy I currently am. It stinks though that Kaydon has to stop. Lucasarts doesn't care about fanfilms, but I can see why they care that Kaydon was using THEIR stuff.
  5. Kaydon_Sentry Force Ghost

star 2
    Um - before this gets out of hand... go back and read my last message - carefully.
  6. Jedsithor Force Ghost

star 4
    April 1st has been and gone. If this had been a joke we would have said so before now. I was with you guys, I thought it was a joke at first given the day. Unfortunately not. :_|
  7. Kaydon_Sentry Force Ghost

star 2
    If you notice - the FIRST letter of each sentence on that message I left earlier - you will know the true answer to this mystery!
  8. darth_Boba Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah. I see now. That's a mean trick, Superman.
  9. Covert-Sniper Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow. We got owned.[face_beatup]
  10. Grevious1991 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dammit! Kaydon spilled the beans...me and Jedsithor wanted to keep up the suspense a little longer...

...You guys sure got your pantyhose tied up in a knot though...hilarious XD.
  11. Kaydon_Sentry Force Ghost

star 2
    So did you Grievous - at first anyway! mwahaahahah!

By the way - I am *NOT* making these films to distribute and sell illegally. Just to let everyone know, so we don't make this April Fool's Day gag a reality. The next time a letter is posted, I assure you it will be real!
  12. Grevious1991 Jedi Knight

star 1
    *looks around suspiciously*

NO I DIDN'T!!

OK...maybe a little at first... <.< >.>

VERY good prank though.

It foreshadows what can go wrong if we don't take correct precautions concerning legality issues.
  13. MarcusDade Jedi Master

star 4
    :( Mean Joke. :p

Although I'm happy that you're not cancelling the movies. :)
  14. han_solo_321 Jedi Master

star 4
    HA HA I TOLD YOU ALL THIS WAS A JOKE! DIDN'T FALL FOR IT FOR ONE MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    seems I missed out on some fun yesterday, reminds me of a couple guys I know who run a board they would go to great lengths to trick people on April fools.
  16. Jedsithor Force Ghost

star 4
    I was all set for a big reveal tonight but Kaydon had to ruin everything...oh well guess it's back to voodoo [face_laugh]

17. Lord2 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't get it, I want to know!! :_| I know it was a joke but...
  18. Jedsithor Force Ghost

star 4
    The first letter of each sentence... A.P.R.I.L.F.O.O.L.S.
  19. HowardFilms Jedi Master

star 4
    Haha, Kaydon was way more clever with his April Fool's joke than I was.
  20. Lord2 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ah, get it now. Cool]-}
    However, I'd love to hear you opionion on this thread as I've created:
    http://forum.freeboards.net/viewtopic.php?p=1869&mforum=kotormovie#1869

Not necessary but would be cool to have..
  21. Jedsithor Force Ghost

star 4
    Kaydon started it...but I, with my sick and twisted Irish humour, decided to take it past April 1st and really give you guys a shock...and then kaydon had to go and spill the beans before the punchline.

This of course means that at some point in the future I will be creating a joke myself, with nobody involved but me. it will be something to behold, something that will shock your very souls, something that will change the way you react to stories forever...the be all and end all of practical jokes.

It could be a week, a month, even a year from now...you won't see it coming...it could even be tomorrow...well actually no, it couldn't because I haven't actually thought of anything yet [face_laugh]
  22. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
    I can't be the only one who finds that joke absolutely 100% not funny, right?
  23. han_solo_321 Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought it was dumb and predicable.
  24. Dan_Loto Jedi Knight

Predicable, but still very well thought out and the letter looked offical enough.
  25. Jedsithor Force Ghost

star 4
    The letter was official...for a different film. It's an actual cease and desist order from LFL, kaydon just changed the names.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.