KOTOR THE MOVIE: EPISODE 2 UNDERWAY!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Kaydon_Sentry, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Lord2 Jedi Knight

star 3
    VIP Again, this is not right.. you always becomes a VIP on these forum!
  2. Jedsithor Force Ghost

star 4
    That's because I keep winning the re-write contests. Only lasts around 3 days though I'm not actually sure why I have colours now, I don't thinkthe winner of the PT contest has been announced yet.
  3. Lord2 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's not fair.

KOTOR2-THE MOVIE UPDATE, the last one on this forum because I've a own thread now..(the last link on this message)
    Please look at my new clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAbx8k1-Gjs

And please notice my official thread for this movie, well it's on another board but.. Of course I'll post the important updates here anyway.

OFFICIAL THREAD: http://forum.freeboards.net/viewtopic.php?t=163&mforum=kotormovie
  4. Grevious1991 Jedi Knight

star 1
    You just contradicted yourself. First you say you aren't gonna post anymore updates here, then you say you will. So which is it?!

Oh, Jedsithor about that contest...you suck!! Have ever considered screenwriting, or anything of that nature? You pretty good at that kind of stuff.
  5. Jedsithor Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah I'm writing a couple of scripts and in the planning stages of writing a graphic novel.
  6. Lord2 Jedi Knight

star 3
    What, that was my last update here. I'm not going to post KOTOR2 -the movie updates here anymore, cause' i've a own thread.
  7. Kaydon_Sentry Force Ghost

star 2
    Your weekly KOTOR: The Movie Trilogy Update!

Hey everyone ? considering work has yet to be really started on the second Episode of the KOTOR trilogy, aside from pre-production and story planning, obviously things have slowed down here in the threads at TFN. The forums over at the KOTOR Trilogy website have been afire, so I thought I?d grab some of the highlights and post them here for everyone! So enjoy!

The Forums - http://forum.freeboards.net/index.php?mforum=kotormovie

First up ? the ?Episode II Daily Tidbits? ? a section that showcases minor spoilers and interesting info regarding Episode 2, currently underway (well, soon, anyway!) Following that, you?ll find the Episode 3 Daily Tidbits as well. Check the forums for fun facts and tidbits regarding the first movie, Episode 1.

EPISODE 2 DAILY TIDBITS------------------------

Your Episode 2 Daily tidbit for 3/29/07....

After Manaan, the group will return to Dantooine (before its destruction). Using CGI and other compositing effects, to increase the dark mood of this second chapter in the KOTOR Film Trilogy, the planet will be in the midst of a torrential thunder storm. Gone are the sunny days of Dantooine - you'll see a storm for the ages!

Your Episode 2 Daily tidbit for 3/30/07....

The final runtime will NOT be limited to the 2 hour limit - however, we will not aim for any specific run time - just as long as is required to tell the story and mainly develop the characters AND love story.

Your Episode 2 Daily tidbit for 04/03/07....

Episode 2 will INDEED be completed!

Your Episode 2 Daily Tidbit for 4/11/07....

Using footage from the tutorial in KOTOR2: TSL, during the escape from the Leviathon sequence (after the revelation), T3 will exit the Hawk and travel along its hull to fix damages amidst the Sith attack!

Your Episode 2 Daily Tidbit for 4/12/07....

In an effort to successfully bridge themes and overall tones to the trilogy... You will hear a brief snippit from the "Sith Academy Overture" theme (which will be prominent in Episode III) at some point during Episode 2 when Sith Troopers are present!

Your Episode 2 Daily Tidbit for 4/13/07....

The "Starship Troopers" theme that was enjoyed by many in Episode 1, will slowly evolve into Canderous' theme... whenever he is doing heroic acts. Look for the theme to appear once again in Episode 2, I have a more robust and grandiose version of the theme, and it will most definitely blast your speakers when Canderous is kicking ass aboard the Leviathon, and possibly again as they make their escape.

Of course, this should mean a return visit of the theme in Episode 3 as well...

EPISODE 3 DAILY TIDBITS------------------------

Your Episode 3 Daily tidbit for 3/29/07....

As of press, the staff of the KOTOR movie team have not decided whether Logan will end up on the dark side, light side, or possibly both... Check Episode 2 for clues to our direction for the finale.

Your Episode 3 Daily tidbit for 3/30/07....

Several key figures from the two prior films *could possibly* make a return in some capacity for the final installment. These cameos could happen anywhere, though early ideas call for some returns during the celebration sequence (if we go the lightside route) - including Gadon and the Hidden Beks!

Your Episode 3 Daily tidbit for 04/03/07....

Episode3 will INDEED be completed!

Your Episode 3 Daily Factoid for 4/11/07....

Yavin IV (from Episode 2) makes a return appearance in Episode 3... huge revelations about the galaxy at war and the current state for our heroes will be revealed during this scene!

Your Episode 3 Daily Factoid for 4/12/07....

The Sith Academy Overture will be an original find (ala' the Star Map theme), a theme that will easily be capable of being integrated into actual Sith and Darkside/Imperial/Emperor themes, however the overall scope of the theme will be more "Shindlers
  8. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    I guess second parts are always the best. Darkest, most tensed and characters develop without being force into the direction of the end.

Any plans for a release? I know that´s early. But we gotta start asking one day so we can really build pressure on you. That´s what fandom is really about! [face_peace]
  9. Dan_Loto Jedi Knight

I posted the main character lip movement guide at the other place. http://forum.freeboards.net/viewtopic.php?p=2244&mforum=kotormovie#2244
  10. Kaydon_Sentry Force Ghost

star 2
    For you non-DVD fans - parts 8 AND 9 are finally uploaded to youtube. Check them out here:

http://youtube.com/profile?user=kevinsocal2k6

----

PART 8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNykaaR952k
    This section covers Logan Starr's Jedi Training, plus a thrilling Speederbike chase through the Ancient Ruins of Dantooine!

----

PART 9
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_EiUsS52a0

This features the Ancient Ruins, the first Star Map, and Logan recieving the mission that could lead him to his destiny!

~Kayd
  11. Kaydon_Sentry Force Ghost

star 2
    New parts, 10 and 11 are up. Many who've seen the movie on DVD have the events that happen in Part 11 as their favorite sequence in the film - so enjoy~!
  12. Lord2 Jedi Knight

star 3
    watch the whole more on youtube, visit here for more info:
    http://forum.freeboards.net/viewtopic.php?t=23&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&mforum=kotormovie
  13. DARTHBOSPITY Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just thought i'd say hi, i hav'nt posted here in a while.
  14. Kaydon_Sentry Force Ghost

star 2
    EPISODE 2 PRODUCTION UPDATE

05/08/07

Hey folks - I figured by making little newsletter updates - it will keep you guys posted and up to date fully on all the goings-on on-set here for Episode 2, Search for the Star Forge. We are now fully in production - with the production moving from Tunsisia due to weather problems and heading to the studios in Austrailia for the Manaan Sith Base shoot! Okay - all kidding aside, you guys know I shoot in sequence, so let's get on with the update!

CURRENT STATUS - 2% completed

Spoilers, Tidbits & Information

OPENING CRAWL - TWO OF THEM

The title IS locked down - "Search for the Star Forge" - though two crawls are being produced by our main man Subject Zero - one with KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC at the top, with Episode II, then the title. And one with just Episode II and the title. Please don't open disucssions as to what should be used, I'm making the call late in the game and I don't want to focus on that at all.

FIRST SCENE OF THE MOVIE - DARTH BANDON

A preliminary opening sequence has been edited... we will PAN UP for Episode 2, to the Leviathon - and have the Bandon Introduction scene as our opening piece. From there we will wipe to Manaan - and have a thrilling ten minute or so infiltration sequence. I did a rough transition and tried a way to first introduce Logan - and I think you guys are really going to like it! It is here we'll meet T3, and in a non-visible cameo, they'll mention they got him from a Zabrak on Telos - you know who that is!

FREE-ROAM TESTS AND WALKAROUNDS

As I have been waiting for the camera, I have been testing out angles, wide shots, and other things to do while on Manaan. This planning ahead has now given an extra bit of action of the infiltration - as I will have Carth and Canderous be blasting the Sith soldiers in the docking bay (usually you start there to get into the base) - so while Logan and Bastila are racing inside to recover T3, the Hawk will land in the docking bay, and Carth and Canderous will lay to waste the sith troops. Should be exciting, having a dual action sequence to start things off.

The trick of the opening is, and what will make this a long process since I'm so going to be the perfectionist this time around, is that I'm really crafting a NEW mini-story out of this sequence. Logan will be in constant communication with Roland Han (or whatever that dude's name is) - and another Republic officer named Seth Draze (who I'll be hiring someone to voice). IN Episode 1 I tweaked story elements using subtitles only - this time around I'll be doing it for English/Basic speaking characters too, much like I will with Kaydon Sentry in Episode 3. And also look for Draze to be somewhere in the mix during the Battle of Lehon too, in Episode 3. He's our Wedge of the KOTOR trilogy. :)

So once the infiltration sequence is finished, the pace will really pick up. But the opening might take me some time - but it'll be worth it. Capturing has been underway and will continue this week, with logging this week as well. A fully edited sequence might be done next week. I haven't decided how open I'm going to be with clips this time around. We'll see...

ETC, ETC

Anyway, that's it for now... can't wait for you guys to see some progress made - we'll have the mods at the TFN forums rename the title of the thread to "EPISODE II UNDERWAY" or something real soon - generate some interest... take care for now!!!!

~Kaydon
  15. Grevious1991 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I thought I'd share some of the nice fan art posted at the movie forums...these were done by Sir Palamides.

[image=http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/Sir_Palamides/final001.jpg]

[image=http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/Sir_Palamides/KOTORTheMovieEPII-TESBRemake_001.jpg]
  16. Sir_Palamides Jedi Padawan

Thanks Grevious1991...
    I wanted do post them here as well
    btw. why has this thread been renamed? (almost couldn't find it...)
    yeah...my first post here!
  17. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    because Episode 1 in finished they are working on Episode 2
  18. TheSithGirly Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I love the poster with Logan and Bastilla . . . will be may desktop-backround for next few days :)
  19. Sir_Palamides Jedi Padawan

I will make real Desktop Wallpapers of them as soon as I have the original Logos created by Subject_Zero
  20. TheSithGirly Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Oh . . . that would be great. But they look cute, already.

But by the way, can it be the forums are down? I mean the original Kotor-Themovie forums? Can´t check them out right now. Hope the will return, for I . . . liked them a lot.
  21. Jedsithor Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah I can't get into it either and I'm supposed to be moderating the place...there will be anarchy without me. :eek: [face_skull]
  22. Sith_Holocron_2 Jedi Knight

Good thing I kept this link! LOL

Jedisithor, has Kaydon sent you the link to that file that you and I were discussing?
  23. Jedsithor Force Ghost

star 4
    Nope and I still can't get into the forum. Email me the link or just PM it to me here.
  24. Kaydon_Sentry Force Ghost

star 2
    EPISODE 2 SPY REPORT!!!! 5-15-07 - "NOT VERY JEDI OF YOU..."

Here comes a spy report from the set of Episode 2: Search for the Star Forge! The crew wrapped on the Sith Infiltration last week, and this week they begin some of the more dialogue-heavy scenes... with a planned shoot for Sith Base pickups late Thursday and all day Friday. Anyway-

As you know - Logan is slowly becoming more powerful in the Force, realizing a destiny he's had all along. With his mind being slowly rebuilt (leading up to the shocking twist), we see glimpses of a man who has wihtin him the capacity and leanings of the dark side of the Force...

An example of the new - more Revan-like Logan Starr, two parts taken from a sequence on Manaan...

Note: Discussions ARE allowed in this thread!

SPOILER WARNING!!!!

------

------

LOGAN
    That?s none of your business. All
    you need to worry about is letting us
    through, woman.

SITH OFFICER
    You talk big, but remember what we
    did to Taris. Maybe you're next on
    our list.

LOGAN
    (unimpressed)
    Am I.

SITH OFFICER
    You look like a Republic agent ?
    I can see the cowardice in your eyes.

LOGAN
    You better change your attitude, wench-
    Or the Selkath might find your body
    floating in the ocean!

-----

-----

From later on in the scene, we see shades of great power:

-----

-----

SELKATH CONSTABLE
    Taunts are one thing, human. Threats of
    physical violence are quite another.

Using a bit of THE FORCE, Logan waves his hand in front of the Selkath Constable.

LOGAN
    We are innocent. This woman here has
    broken your laws. You will take her away.

SELKATH CONSTABLE
    You are innocent. This woman here has
    broken our laws. We will take her away.

SITH OFFICER
    Me? I didn't do anything? This is
    an outrage! A travesty of justice!

LOGAN
    She can discuss her grievences
    with the courts. You?re taking
    her away.

SELKATH CONSTABLE
    You can discuss your grievences
    with the courts. We're taking
    you away.

SITH OFFICER
    This Sith won't stand for this, Jedi!

Logan and the others walk off. He turns around for a final parting shot.

LOGAN
    No doubt the Sith will let you rot
    in your cage for a while before
    securing your release. Enjoy the
    vacation.

The group heads toward the Republic Embassy while the Selkath drag the Sith woman away.

-Hope you enjoyed this Spy Report!!!-
  25. PaJedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Nice stuff Kayden. I've FINALLY seen KOTOR 1, and its great. Can't wait for Episode 2.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.