main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR THE MOVIE: EPISODE 2 UNDERWAY!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Kaydon_Sentry, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Why does everyone want to be sent a dvd, why not burn it yourself?

Say can you make a trailer sometime and post it here?

2. Semi-DarkLord90

Semi-DarkLord90 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2004
    Huh, I guess I'm out of it. I always burn fanfilms to DVD's. Thanks for the reminder.

-Semi(embarassed)

3. KuruDawson

KuruDawson Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2004
    Um, Because alot of us don't have DVD burners, maybe? It's the reason I want sent one, as well it's cool if he adds extra features to them, which I doubt, though.

4. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Hi, Kandon, more music advice (whether you want it or not). :p

In the clip where Logan and Carth escape the Endar Spire, you, like, really don't need to use Duel of the Fates there. The cutscene already has music, and the two are clashing pretty badly. The music crescendos during the closeup of Logan's face; what you could do is just cut it off right before Duel of the Fates starts and let the cutscene's music do the job. Unless you want to take just the video element of the cutscene and redo the sound effects so that Duel of the Fates can be used...can't imagine why you'd want to, though.

5. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Also, my DVD burning software doesn't do a good job of converting and I can only fit about an hour of footage onto a DVD. And at the moment, I'm too broke to buy an MPEG-2 converter that would let me fit more.

6. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    Well, been doing a few more shots this week, and just started the edit for Episode I. Currently up to the bridge fight, still gonna tighten things up a little bit here. Going to do a few more shoots with Darth Bandon in a moment with him killing various Republic troopers and the one Light Jedi that fights off the Dark Jedi on the Endar Spire(I cut the scene after she cuts down the Dark Jedi, ignoring the following explosion)

For now, my plan for all three movies are...
    • Episode I will also start on the Endar Spire with the hero, Carth and T3-M4 escaping from the capital ships. This battle will be spiced up a bit with some new shots of rebel troopers firing on Sith Troopers and Darth Bandon taking a more active role. On Taris, the heroes will be rescuing Bastilla, although I'm currently still thinking out which quests to add and which to ignore. The pod race is definately in there. Dantooine will be pretty much the same, although I'll be ignoring most of the quests on becoming a Jedi. I'm thinking of possibly changing the fact that the starmaps immediately give out the four planets, and rather have the heroes follow a certain path(ie. One Starmap reveals the location to the other Starmap). The becoming-a-Jedi scene and finding the first Starmap will possibly be reversed. The first planet will be Tatooine where HK-47 will be bought. Usual things will happen, with the final battle being a fight with Darth Bandon. Final shot will be the Ebon Hawk entering hyperspace. I'm currently considering a way to have a battle at the end of tattooine.

• Episode II will start off somewhere halfway the mission of Manaan in the middle of the mission. I simply like to have things start off with the heroes in an aquatic suit without really saying anything, just to put them in the middle of a mission to find the Star Map. This will only take up a few minutes in the beginning. After they've found the starmap, the next destination will be Kashyyyk. Have the characters converse a bit with each other here and there. Most likely spicen things up at the end of Kashyyyk with a battle between the different factions, with extra Sith Troopers and Dark Jedi. Jolee Bindo will also be met on Kashyyyk, the Yoda of Episode II. The next destination would be Korriban which I will devestate the hero, stating that Korriban is prolly considered off-limits, as it's too dangerous for the Jedi. Conversation would be interrupted with the leviathan scene which'll remain mostly the same, have to see who'll be rescuing the group. I'm going to ignore the destruction of Dantooine, I don't want that to happen off-screen. I'm hoping on possibly setting up a shot near the end with the hero leaving a message to the party that he will travel to Korriban alone, only taking the droids with him, unsure of what he wants to do, now that he's aware of the truth. Final shots will be the Star Forge and its fleet(as witnessed on the Dark Side ending), Malak's interrogation of Bastilla and the Ebon Hawk landing on Korriban.

• I was hoping to have Episode III start with an invasion on Dantooine, but that will prolly be too hard to do. Korriban will take up most of the start of Episode III with Revan using two sabers now and in Dark Jedi garb. In fact, it might even appear as if he has turned to the Dark Side, something that I'd like to keep a mystery till the end. Maybe add a few shots of Bastilla in Dark Jedi garb as well on Korriban, if from a distance. Once he has found the star map, his true allegiance of being a Light Jedi will be revealed. Followed by the unknown planet and the Star Forge. Final battle will prolly be spiced up with a ground battle with Republic troopers, Sith troopers and Rakata assisting the Republic, letting some of the heroes have a piece of the action as well on the ground. More Jedi vs. Sith action on the Star Forge. I'd like to have Revan try and talk Malak back to the Light Side in their final battle. Capturing the essence of the Jedi by Malak will be ignored.

• Juhani's role will be incredibly small, and I'm not even su

7. Rebel11_38

Rebel11_38 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    "Usual things will happen, with the final battle being a fight with Darth Bandon. Final shot will be the Ebon Hawk entering hyperspace. I'm currently considering a way to have a battle at the end of tattooine."

I don't know if you mean you want to have a battle with Darth Bandon on Tantooine, or just a battle there. If it is the latter of the two, you could possibly use the scene where the three dark Jedi attack you in the middle of the city, or you could use the scene where the assassin guild tries to kill you just outside the city.

"I'm going to ignore the destruction of Dantooine, I don't want that to happen off-screen. I was hoping to have Episode III start with an invasion on Dantooine, but that will prolly be too hard to do."

You might consider using some shots from KoTOR II showing the devastated remains of Dantooine. The invasion could even be done possibly with the group of merecenaries that try to take over the Town Hall.

Just some thoughts.

8. burrie

May 27, 2000
    I don't know if you mean you want to have a battle with Darth Bandon on Tantooine, or just a battle there. If it is the latter of the two, you could possibly use the scene where the three dark Jedi attack you in the middle of the city, or you could use the scene where the assassin guild tries to kill you just outside the city.

I was pretty much talking about having some sort of big battle, instead of a one-on-one fight. Because I have the PC Version, there have been various editors which I can use to modify areas by adding or removing creatures and the like to an area and create small scenes of my own. My original idea was having the heroes return to Anchorhead, only to see that the Sith have invaded the place, and they'll assist in holding the Sith off, or, at least, have to make a run to the Ebon Hawk. Having the right dialogue for that will be tough.
    You might consider using some shots from KoTOR II showing the devastated remains of Dantooine. The invasion could even be done possibly with the group of merecenaries that try to take over the Town Hall.

Mmm, I don't have KotOR 2 just yet(although the game'll be released this week, apparantly, so I'm looking forward to it), I might have to look into using that, aye. That would make things interesting. For Episode III, I could possibly have the movie start in the aftermath of the Dantooine destruction, maybe even have Revan be there amongst the patrolling students as a Sith student.

9. han_solo_321

Dec 14, 2002
    Hey what about Calo Nord? Are they going to fight him or not?

10. burrie

May 27, 2000
    In my version? Well, he'll be the party's adversary on Taris, but he'll die when the hangar blows up. I've done a few slight tests, and with a few cuts, I can put the cutscene of Darth Malak hearing of the Jedi's escape and sending out Darth Bandon into one big scene.

I think that Malak will remain quite mysterious, or at least won't be shown that much. Especially in Episode II. Kinda like with Darth Sidious, he'll only make an appearance at the end on the Leviathan.

11. Rebel11_38

Jan 31, 2005
    burrie, do you have any idea about when you will be finished with this project? I know it could be hard to guess, but I thought I would ask anyway.

If not a release date, perhaps another short video clip to wet our appetites?

Keep up the good work!

12. han_solo_321

Dec 14, 2002
    Come on post a trailer!

13. ZoolInc

ZoolInc Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    dibs on KOTOR II (refer to my KOTOR II thread)

14. Kaydon_Sentry

Kaydon_Sentry Jedi Master star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    Pod race footage (that's right, POD not swoop) :) is forthcoming... very pleased with it.

15. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    "What exactly are your plans with Yavin IV? What role is the Rodian going to play?"

Using him as a kooky old Rodian, but very wise. Kinda like Yoda I guess? I'll mainly use him for a respite between Taris and Dantooine... and I'll plug in my own dialogue to further the story along.

"How are you planning on incorporating the visions into the storyline? I'm especially curious about the Dark Side endings."

Darkside ending will be in a dream he has sometime during Episode 3. I'll throw it in After Effects and do some tricks to make it look like a dream sequence, most likely.

"Just curious, how do you plan all the shots? Just film it and go with it, or do you have some sort of script worked out?"

I seriously just play it. No script, no real thought, other than a basic outline. I have a saved game a bit further ahead if I want to see what's ahead. I played Kaskykk in full first, which helped me realize it could be a great ending for 1. I just use my xbox, which goes into my GL-1... I also just get to it when I get to it... which is why I won't set a release date, but it will get finished eventually.

The Xbox "free camera mode" trick is a great tool I use too.

As for 'dibs' on any certain title... lame! I'm stoked that someone else is doing another KOTOR 1 'film'... with his PC version hackable, it should be a great trip, offering a new take on what I'm doing. You should want others to dabble in KOTOR2 as well.

16. ZoolInc

ZoolInc Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    lmao. just messin', man, just messin'. If anyone wants to dabble with KOTORII, fine by me, just sayin I'm planning on working on it.

17. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i have the kotor soundtrack if you need it.

18. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Ohmigod...this music thing has been addressed before. Ditch that 49-track incomplete score, if you have it! Using Miles Sound Tools, the COMPLETE soundtrack can be ripped directly from the game.

19. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    Here are two sequences from the pod race section of Episode 1... its REALLY dark, because I forgot to lighten up the brightness when condensing the files for this upload, but you can at least get a good idea of what it'll be like.

Again, on anything but a mac it'll look way dark... the final output for the dvd is much crisper :)

Just before the race and the first few seconds:

http://members.aol.com/swamisd/startrace.mov

Thrilling climax to the race:

http://members.aol.com/swamisd/podrace.mov

Pod race footage was used from "Star Wars: Racer Revenge" for the PS2. I color corrected it to match with KOTOR, and threw in a couple cool cockpit shots of Logan at the helm of his racer.

~Kaydon

20. Rebel11_38

Jan 31, 2005
    Hey Kaydon,

Where did you get that footage of the pod-race? I have KoTOR for the X-Box and have never seen that part. Is it a pc exclusive? Or is it part of a mod pack?

Either way, great looking videos.

BTW, I didn't mean to exclude you in my question when I addressed burrie. I am really looking forward to seeing this when you're done.

Thanks for the new vids!

21. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Did you pay attention? He said he got it from another game.

Looks very awesome. Nice job with the editing!

22. burrie

May 27, 2000
    burrie, do you have any idea about when you will be finished with this project? I know it could be hard to guess, but I thought I would ask anyway.

If not a release date, perhaps another short video clip to wet our appetites?

Keep up the good work!

To be honest, absolutely no idea on when I have this little thing finished. In fact, I'm reckoning that it's gonna take a very long time, I'm seriously only doing this when I'm bored, waiting for something, and just want to do something. It's a neat way to kill time. Definately fun too.

Plus, just to let you know, I'm also not entirely certain if I will release the movie. First off, the one thing that I'm not entirely happy with is the fact that it's 15 frames per second, hence that might make things terribly hard to watch as it completely. Next, there's the usual legal problems that I really don't feel like dealing with.

As for another video clip, I've recently been doing some shooting for Darth Bandon on the Endar Spire killing a few troopers and the Jedi, but they didn't exactly come out the way I wanted them, so I'm prolly redoing those. Once I've edited someting together that I'm satisfied with, I'll prolly put that little video online.

Using him as a kooky old Rodian, but very wise. Kinda like Yoda I guess? I'll mainly use him for a respite between Taris and Dantooine... and I'll plug in my own dialogue to further the story along.
    (hope you don't mind an additional question on this one, I'm just very curious) How exactly are the heroes going to find him? They just feel like going there? Or wait, it's between Taris and Dantooine? The Ebon Hawk has been damaged and they need to go there for repairs?

Pod race footage was used from "Star Wars: Racer Revenge" for the PS2. I color corrected it to match with KOTOR, and threw in a couple cool cockpit shots of Logan at the helm of his racer.

Good LORD man, that's bloody awesome what you did there. Now I definately need to see if I can loan the podracer game that was released for the PC from someone. The footage and the way you've edited it together is just ace, it looks very thrilling and a great chase scene. Just how long is the complete pod race? And just where did you take those shots of Logan in the Pod Racer? I really can't recognise that background.

And curious as well, how long is the entire movie so far?

23. burrie

May 27, 2000
    I always travel by train daily for about 90 minutes and have recently started making a few notes on how I want to do certain things for the KotOR movie. Today, I was brainstorming a bit on how to exactly do Taris and Tatooine for the first movie. I currently have a bit of an idea on how to chronically do Taris in a fashion that I'm satisfied with, and I think that I just might finally have an idea on how to entirely do Tatooine. If possible, I'd like to hear what you folks would think of this...

First off, I'm thinking that the Kane Starkiller(current name for the hero, not set in stone just yet) will not be immediately trained as a Jedi on Dantooine, but that the Jedi Council first sends him and his team to Tatooine to investigate wether the Starmaps are actually still there. I'm thinking that Kane will keep a log that will detail his search for the Starmap. I will use those recording to explain various things(like why Canderous still travels with the group after Taris), as well as to keep track on what is happening in the storyline. It can probably help as a lead-in for Episode 2 as well.

For Tatooine, my current plan is this... things will most likely be pretty much like in the game at first, Kane and the party will learn about the Tusken Raiders and hear about a possibility to negotiate with them. Kane will mention that he actually understands what Tuskens are saying, but is unable to actually speak their language. Insert HK-47. After a bit o' questing to finally talk with the Tusken Chief, the party will prolly be told that they won't assist the group. However, after that, the enclave will be attacked by a group of Sith Troopers, led by Darth Bandon, to destroy Bastilla. As I mention earlier, I'm hoping of having a few shots of him tracking the party on Tatooine. There will be a battle in the enclave where the party will assist the Tuskens in driving them off. Mission will fight off Bandon in a one-on-one fight(possibly to protect her brother). Kane enters in the nick of time to rescue her as she goes down, picks up her vibrosword(his usual weapon will be a blaster rifle up to that point) and battles Bandon. To show his potential, he will kill Bandon all by himself. The Sith are driven off from the enclave, the chief thinks more highly of the group, and they're brought to the cave of the Starmap.

What I like about this setup is that I can have a 'big battle' at the end. It also brings in HK-47 in the first episode, which I had hoped to have, because I wanted to the typical 'two droids who follow the heroes' from the beginning as well. Jolee Bindo can still be introduced on Kashyyyk in Episode 2 as the 'interesting new character'. Also, it removes the Dragon quest near the starmap on Tatooine which works for a game, but might be a bit odd in a movie. Finally, it does end things in episode I on a happy note.

24. Rebel11_38

Jan 31, 2005
    That sounds great burrie!
    I really like where you are going with your story. I have to go to work, but I will post more later.

DarthArjuna, I must have just missed where he said that. Thanks for letting me know.

25. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    No problem. At first I thought he said he was using Racer, but it;s like... nuh-uh. Even with color correction, I don't think it could look that beautiful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.