main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR THE MOVIE: EPISODE 2 UNDERWAY!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Kaydon_Sentry, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trebius

Trebius Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2002
    The best way to distribute it would be via bittorrent; that way the files can be as large as needed and you won't have to worry about paying for hosting - we can all share the load.

2. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Yes Bittorent would be great!

3. Kaydon_Sentry

Kaydon_Sentry Jedi Master star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    NEW CLIP!

I'll be out of town this weekend, so I figure I'd throw together a new clip. An interesting situation presents itself on Kashyyyk! Enjoy...

http://members.aol.com/swamica2k3/katarns.mov

4. han_solo_321

Dec 14, 2002
    great job!

5. ZoolInc

ZoolInc Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    Sweet use of the free camera. It ticks me off that no one has found out how to get that to work in KOTORII....

6. han_solo_321

Dec 14, 2002
    Got any new clips yet?

7. han_solo_321

Dec 14, 2002
  8. booserra21

booserra21 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2005
    I just wanted to say, well done and encourage to you to keep it up. I really enjoy watching the feeds

9. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Wow, this is cool... keep it up!!!

10. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    A little update on my end...

I was pointed to FRAPS recently, a little video capture application that's apparantly meant to record footage from games. I tried it out with KotOR, and frankly, the result is more than bloody impressive. It goes at a very stable 15-25 FPS rate. I'm going to switch over to that one now, even though it means that I'll have to retake all the footage that I did earlier. Such is the life, I suppose, and if it means having a more stable framerate than 5-10 FPS, I'm all for it. Heck, I might be a bit more open now to the idea to release the movie once it's completed.

Now, I've also been doing some thinking ahead on how I want to do the race. I'm going to pretty much copy Kaydon's idea of using a race to make things a bit more interesting than the KotOR race tracks. Especially now that I have FRAPS, I see a much better possibility than ever. However, until I get to that part, I have to reconsider which game I should use for the racing, and currently only have two racing games available for this...

Episode 1 Racer
    [image=http://www.gamerankings.com/screens3/702/5.jpg]
    This one would, of course, be the most easiest one to take. It has the Star Wars atmosphere, the Star Wars Pod Racers and the Star Wars-themed tracks. However, my biggest problem with using this game is that all the pods are carbon-copies of the Episode 1 game, including the racers. This is the only real drawback that I see with this game, and is why I'm still hestitant on using it. I'd rather use something a bit different...

Which is also why I might use...

Rollcage
    [image=http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/games/coverg/63/613063.jpg]
    Also a pretty fun game that I used to play. It has the science fiction atmosphere, futuristic city-themed tracks that can easily be used to pose as Taris, some heavy weapons that are often used against each other to make things more interesting, and the cars also have the ability to drive on the ceilings, making for an even more interesting race. However, the only real problem that I see with this game is that the cars have wheels which is a bit non-Star Warsy, so to speak.

Simply put, I'd like to see what you folks think. Which game would you choose to represent the race on Taris?

11. dvmaaren

dvmaaren Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    definately go for the SW: EP1 -pod racer, because that rollcage totally isn't star wars!
    It just won't fit in the whole kotor-scene

12. Rebel11_38

Rebel11_38 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    I think that you should use the non-star wars game for the racing. I think that using different sets and starnge looking vehicles will only add to the Star Wars mythos that we all love. You shouldn't have to feel restricted to using only SW stuff to make your film.

I don't know if you have a way of erasing the timer and bars at the top of the screen in Ep. I racer either, so that would be another reason to go with the other game. The screen shot you posted of the other game doesn't seem to have anything obstructing the screen--making it look like a game instead of a movie.

13. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    futuristic city-themed tracks that can easily be used to pose as Taris

Er...you could just mute the music and insert the material of your choosing.

14. burrie

May 27, 2000
    Actually, I was referring to the race tracks :p

15. Fearless_Jedi

Fearless_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    This sounds cool, will you be using the PC or XBOX version?

If PC then I suggest you use some cheats to perhaps make battles seem more like they would in a movie. There are also ways to get rid of the HUD and floating damage numbers. Which would help it look more like a movie.

Also, go toHolowan Labs , this place has many neat modifications for KotOR I like reskins, new weapons, etc. that would add some diversity to the movie should you choose to do so. Also try pcgamemods.com.

My apologies if someone already suggested this.

16. burrie

May 27, 2000
    Well, that's exactly what I've been doing, although I don't think Kaydon has been doing that. I'd suggest reading through thread. I've already been doing quite some testing with it, and although it does take some time to set things up, the results can be quite good.

For example, I am planning on having a little fight between Tuskens and the Sith(Including Bandon) on Tatooine to have a big battle at the end of Episode 1 so there'll be a big finale. Preliminary testing have shown that it's quite a good possibility, and could make up for a nice ending.

17. Kaydon_Sentry

Kaydon_Sentry Jedi Master star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    I don't think using the XBOX version has affected the 'film-ish' quality of the work... there are clips online, the results speak for themselves.

I've slowed at the Kashyyk section. Work's a bitch! :) When you sit down all day in front of an editing bay, the last thing you want to do when you get home is sit down all night in front of an editing bay. :)

18. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    if you get them on dvd let me know, i'll be glad to get the KOTOR story on dvd. let me know how much!

19. Rebel11_38

Rebel11_38 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    Well, I can definetly understand where you are coming from Kaydon. When you work all day at doing something, the last thing you want to do when you come home is the same thing you do at work!

I don't think anyone was saying that your clips were less than good quality due to them being captured from the Xbox. I believe burrie was just saying how he was accomplishing his capture.

I hope to see some more of your clips soon, both Kaydon's and burrie's. So, whenever you get the motivation to put some more time into your projects, throw some clips up here and let the rest of us enjoy the spoils!

Keep up the good work...but don't get burned out!

20. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    I love it, I just started downlaoding some of the clips, but I love the concept here. I definaetly want a copy once this is done. I like this more than I did when they announced the starwars clone wars series on cartoon network. Keep it up Kaydon!

21. Son_of_Solo

Son_of_Solo Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    Kaydon... this is looking spectacular. I'll be honest I was a little saddened about the "no Juhani" decision, but I'll get over it as I understand- time is important. You've done a real bang-up job, and I cannot wait for the final release!

22. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    Any new developments here on this?

23. Macro_Roshuma

Macro_Roshuma Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Sweet! So is FRAPS the way to go? i tried using all kinds of others... they gave me a .1 FPS even on my p4 1.5 and my ATI Radeon 9750...

24. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Any news on the legality of distributing this?

25. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    So I guess there being anything new is a no?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.