main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR: The Movie Episode 2 UNDERWAY!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Kaydon_Sentry, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaydon_Sentry

Kaydon_Sentry Jedi Master star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    Just so you know the first forty minutes are now available on YouTube - I invite you to check them out. Still out of town, but I have a hefty post I'm working on, answering a lot of questions (kinda like a Q&A I guess) - any other Q's drop me a line and I'll address them as well... have a great Sunday!

PART 1 (First ten minutes, opening, Endar Spire)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RmsyoYPz7E

PART 2 (Mission's intro, Vulkar battle)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irxmzKfmo5w

PART 3 (Meeting Gadon, The Bowels, The Sewers/Rancor)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKRZnK2dv0k

PART 4 (Featuring the Pod Race)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9kHwWLDMN4

~Kaydon

2. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    Hey guys - just some good news on my professional front:

I directed a singles chat line commercial last May and its finally airing nationwide - most recently spotted in the LA market... here's a link to the spot - I directed the commercial and did the visual effects!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4_8GFY8o78

I'm going nuts right now, just got a call from someone who spotted it on E! Entertainment!

~Kaydon

3. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I've only seen the first part, but I think your KOTOR movie is fantastic! The editing is great and your voice-dub for your character Logan isn't too bad, either. That must have taken a lot of hard work and careful game play to say the least. Well done! =D= =D= =D=

4. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Sorry for me being a noob in this thread but how can I get a DVD copy of this movie? You really have done a fabulous job and I'd like to watch it via a method other than "YouTube". :)

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Do you use BitTorrent? There is a link to a torrent of it on the last page or so.

6. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    There is a link on the pirate bay.

7. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Is the torrent supposed to be 4.3 GB big?

Edit: Guess so. That's way big. I'd consider splitting it up into like four parts and torrenting that.

8. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    k, I watched the first 2 youtube clips and I was so amazed I'm doing the torrent because I want it in high-quality.

I remember when you first started. I looked at the first clips and thought "cool, good luck." Over time, I quit checking the thread, thinking "If he ever finishes it, I'll take a look."

Now you are done, I took a look. And I want the DVD. I wanna show it to buddies who have played KOTOR and go "wow, I wish I could do stuff like that."

So holy-congrats. You had a passion and a goal and you did it.

I'm doing the torrent now, and have 16 seeders. That's 150% than the...other...stuff I'm downloading. I posted there (never have) and will seed it (I never seed anything). IMO, stuff like this is what file-sharing is for.

9. Jedi_Drizzt

Jedi_Drizzt Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2006
    It looks pretty cool.

10. Master_Hunt

Master_Hunt Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2006
    Hey Kaydon, firs thing... NICE WORK, it s been like two days since i found your trailer on youtube and started to download your movie with Shareaza (torrent).

You know, I ve done every single possible LSF quest (except Pazaak) on both games (Kotor 1 and 2), and i can said -so far i ve seen on youtube, you ve "quite follow" the storyline, COOL ;D. I look forward to see episode 2!

Oh, one other thing.... right now it s like 81% and kind of slow, so if any of you guys has finished... dont forget to seed please!

11. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    In the middle of a move and without internet access save for my work email... I'll be back on fully soon, with a FAQ regarding the movie and also Episode 2 questions that people are sending... gotta go for now. ~K

12. Master_Hunt

Dec 7, 2006
    I m on 92.58% and it s dead on the water lol.

If anybody else can seed, i would really apretiate it ;D;D

13. kkennedy3

kkennedy3 Jedi Master

May 3, 2004
    Looks great, man....cant wait to watch it!

One thing though, is it possible to compress this or something to reduce its size? 4GB is quite a bit for one movie file.

Downloading either way though

14. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    I got the iso via torrent. I really like the menu and the music that goes with it!

I mounted it on a virtual drive on my computer. I'm getting a burner for Christmas, so I can watch it on a real DVD player rather than Windows Media Player, and do it with my brother.

So, till then, awesome so far. Wait for my full review ;)

15. kkennedy3

kkennedy3 Jedi Master

May 3, 2004
    I finished downloading it, and then mounted the image using Alcohol 120......but for some reason when I play it, there is no sound. It opens up in Windows Media Player okay, and seems to play fine but for some reason there is no sound or music.

And all my other videos work fine, so I dont think its my settings or anything. Any ideas?

16. Lord2

Lord2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2006
    What version of Media Player are you using? Make sure you have the right codec too. Then you can also try another player...

17. kkennedy3

kkennedy3 Jedi Master

May 3, 2004
    Not sure what I had before, but I just downloaded Windows Media Player 11, and it still doesnt work. And I've tried RealOne and its not either.

What is the codec that I need?

18. BizAOK

BizAOK Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    Love it, Kaydon.

First and foremost, as a fan of great music scores, I love your thematic choices. Theme music, of course, is a fundamental aspect of the Star Wars mystique.

The first 1/2 of the movie, it seems you condensed the "go from point A to B" mechanics of the game on Taris as much as possible to let the characters develop on Dantooine and Kashyyyk. The last flourish on Kashyyyk was something I didn't see coming; this was something of your own creation and is terrific. The best scene was probably the last dream sequence and its aftermath right before the end celebration, showing us that Logan, Bastilla, and Malak will indeed be front and center as the storyline goes forward. (Great editing of the RotS soundtrack here, by the way!) All in all, you set up everything quite nicely for the next two episodes.

If I read what you said earlier correctly, you wanted to feature Korriban, Tatooine, and the Leviathan ship principally (and may not even use Manaan). Is there enough there for two hours? I think to keep the pace and storyline interest up from the last half hour of your first movie that you'll need to continue making editorial changes. Painting by the numbers in Tatooine especially could bog things down. On that planet I would hope for more of your own interjections of humor, which can be helped by bouncing dialogue off of HK-47. (Jolie also has some good lines, particularly as his personal story of relationships is revealed to be so very similar to Logan's.)

I look forward to episode two. Thanks for the film.

19. Master_Hunt

Dec 7, 2006
    Ey kkennedy3, you can use VLC Media Player, it ll play the movie just perfect.

I ve just finished watching your movie Kaydon, now i can finally said it: IT ROCKS!. Not only by the traierls and teasers. The movie itself rocks.

The music choice is just perfect, the theme of "Starship Troopers: Roughnecks" on the escape of Taris and the scene of the Wookie Revolutin is -just awesome. The exchange of looks between Bastila and Logan at the end... it implies they are gonna have a relationship stronger that in the game?. Or, it was just a look?.

Man, i can only imagine how time demanding most be making Episode 2, but.... i really hope you finishi it really soon on 2007!!. summer right?.

Hell yeah, that s something to look forward.

20. MichaelJCaboose

MichaelJCaboose Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2006
    Watching this stuff on youtube its pretty good (I am also a big fan of the games)

21. Darth_Rictor

Darth_Rictor Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    I cant get the free roam cheat to work. Does anyone know how it works?

22. Darth_Rictor

Darth_Rictor Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    Nevermind, I got it to work. Kinda cool, just wish the maps here a little more complete. i use to love the semi free roam maps in the Dark Forces games.

23. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I'm downloading it right now through bit torrent. I'm pretty excited for it to finish. IMO this is going to go right next to the rest of my Star Wars media collection. Good job on this one Kaydon. I can't wait to see what you come up with in the future.

In the meantime, I'd like to ask people to keep seeding the torrent. Wesa need more! :p

24. Lord2

Lord2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2006
  25. kkennedy3

kkennedy3 Jedi Master

May 3, 2004
    Wow, I just finished watching this.....amazing. Pure awesomeness. Especially towards the end, you got the fight scenes looking great. Can't wait for the next episode.

And not a big deal, but you mispelled "Wookiee" everytime you typed it in the captions. Only had 1 e;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.