KOTOR: The Movie Episode 2 UNDERWAY!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kaydon_Sentry, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaydon_Sentry Force Ghost

star 2
    A quick clip of the opening sequence on the Endar Spire:

http://members.aol.com/swamisd/endar.mov

And you know you love the techno music!

Dante: Final Cut Pro HD, duel 500 G4 Mac, all the 'fixins!
  2. The_General_Grievous Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Kaydon_Sentry Force Ghost

star 2
    Planet order?

What would be the BEST 'planet order' that would serve KOTOR as a movie (3 movies actually) most successfully?

I really, REALLY want Logan (the main hero) leave for Korriban at the end of 1, like a cliff hanger... my idea is to use the "Departing Tatooine" movie as the final shot of 1, irising out to credits as the spire races past the view. So I want Korriban early... but I know walkthrus say otherwise.

My idea:

KOTOR Episode 1 : Knights of the Old Republic

1. Endar Spire
    2. Taris
    3. Dantooine
    4. Tatooine

KOTOR Episode 2 : The Awakening Darkness

1. Korriban (MOST of the movie)
    2. Kashykk
    3. Leviathon (da twist)
    4, Manaan (very little if at all)

KOTOR Episode 3: Twilight of the Sith
    0. Maybe Mannan here?
    1. Unknown Planet
    2. Star Forge
    3. Epic Final Battle

Any ideas?
  4. General_BlackLegion Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, you edited. Nevermind, then.
  6. Kaydon_Sentry Force Ghost

star 2
    Thanks Fallen! :) Almost forgot the most crucial section of the story!
  7. Dante_Glass Force Ghost

star 4
    Final Cut Pro HD, duel 500 G4 Mac, all the 'fixins!

nice, I use adobe pro 2.5 video collection myself, never was a mac kinda guy.
  8. Senator_Leia73 Force Ghost

star 4
    These movies where great. I cant wait to see what else you are going to do.
  9. masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The only two plot points of relevence on Manaan are the invasion of the Sith Base to get the droid data, and the rescue mission to the sealab. You could probably set up some creepy stuff with the lab. Its all spooky, destroyed and has cannibal fishes onboard if you wanted to go for a horror aspect.

"Korriban"

PLEASE include Canderous and Jolee in your party for at least part of this segment. Some of their best dialog comes from here. [face_laugh]

Canderous talking smack to all the Sith wannabes, Jolee pretending to be a nice slave, too funny. :p

"I'm just glad my nice master doesn't beat me so much anymore." :p

One rather important character side dialog you might want to include if you want to play up the romance between Bastila and Revan comes from Jolee as well. The conversation with Jolee about love and the Jedi is one of the best in the game, and actually hints at some stuff in Episode III if you're perceptive. ;)
  10. Dante_Glass Force Ghost

star 4
    and toss in a few of Canderoues war storys, especially the Vong one as i think that will be important for KOTOR III
  11. Barcode Force Ghost

Excellent work, Kaydon_Sentry. This is a really cool idea.

I've got some thoughts regarding planet order, if you're interested.

Personally, I'd end Episode 1 at Kashyyyk. This gives the film an upbeat ending in the tradition of ANH and TPM. Having our heroes end the first film aiding the Wookie liberation is a very "Jedi" thing to do. Defending freedom and justice etc. It's very much in keeping with themes explored earlier in the film. Far more so than anything they achieve on Tatooine. The Wookie uprising also gives you a better set of concluding action scenes.

Episode II definitely needs to end with "the twist". Don't bother with any Manaan or whatever after this. The film should to end with Logan reeling from the twin blows of the revelation and his love interest's abduction.

Also, if Korriban's going to be the heart of the film, you can't really start there. I know you want to begin with Korriban so there's a cliffhanger at the end of Episode I, but frankly, Logan saying, "Let's check out Korriban next" isn't much of a cliffhanger. Save the cliffhanger for the end of Episode II. It's a truly great one. I'd visit Tatooine first in this episode. Use it much like Hoth was used in ESB, before moving on to the meat of the story.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Great work so far and good luck with the rest of the project.

12. Kaydon_Sentry Force Ghost

star 2
    Barcode...

Thanks for those ideas... you've actually swayed my opinion... here's my problem. I have decided NOT to use subtitles for the Wookies' language. I wanted Zaalbar more like Chewie... there, but not telling us his life story. Any ideas? Because I'm thinking about that seriously now... and yes the twist definitely ends the second film. :)

And I could get Jolee earlier this way... though I was hoping to save him for Episode 2, to introduce a new character. And I wanted HK for eppy 1! ARRGH! What to do! What to do!

~Kaydon.
  13. Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Master

star 4
    And I could get Jolee earlier this way... though I was hoping to save him for Episode 2, to introduce a new character. And I wanted HK for eppy 1! ARRGH! What to do! What to do!

You do have a new character for episode II, HK. You've just reversed the times they come in 8-}. Not much of a problem if you ask me.
  14. General_BlackLegion Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  15. Dante_Glass Force Ghost

star 4
    You could open Episode II already on Tatooine, like with that fight in the streets with the Dark Jedi, get some action going right away, slow it down with the sand people negotiations then hit it up quick with the kyrat dragon and wouldn't it be Darth Bandon who confronts you once you've left the cave.
  16. RattsTyerell38 Jedi Knight

star 2
    WOW! Those clips rock! I am very excited about this since I have never been able to play the 40+ hours to beat KOTOR I or II. Awesome job!
  17. Kaydon_Sentry Force Ghost

star 2
    Had a thought... and there's no changing my mind. :)

Editing the KOTOR pod race is just... not really interesting or entertaining... so I think I'm going to grab footage from SW:Racer Revenge, one of the dark city levels, and utilize that and make the pod race an actual pod race... cut in with rotoscoped comped in shots of our hero piloting the pod. Since the buildup and the stakes (saving Bastila) are so high, it will be a better payoff.

Thoughts?
  18. BLemelisk Force Ghost

star 4
    most definately. That sounds beautiful. All four clips are great!
  19. Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Master

star 4
    The only problem with that is the fact that it's a swoop race and not a podrace. It would seem weird to have them talking about prototype swoop engines and stuff and then have a race with pods.
  20. Dante_Glass Force Ghost

star 4
    meh, you can fudge the tinny detail.
  21. Kaydon_Sentry Force Ghost

star 2
    Another scene from the opening. My roughest work I think, but it was way early on. Note the music cue...

http://members.aol.com/swamisd/spire.mov
  22. masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Roughest? I thought that was the best. Perfect editing and music too. :)
  23. Tartarus Jedi Knight

star 1
  24. GrandAdmiralJello Community and Lit moderator person

Manager
    star 10
    Interesting. I like.

You'll let us know, also, when the entire thing is completed, yes?
  25. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Gotta have HK-47 saying meatbag in there :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.