main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR: The Movie Episode 2 UNDERWAY!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Kaydon_Sentry, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krystalline

Krystalline Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2006
    Subject Zero:

Nice covers!

Wish I could e that creative.

Only thing that bothers me is the selkath on the cover of episode 1.

They haven´t been to manaan yet so.....

otherwise good work

edit 1: already been mentioned by Kaydon himself, sorry.

edit 2: and already been fixed by zero, I apologize, I really should read threads before commenting....

2. masterzionosis

masterzionosis Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2007
    That was his first cover, he recently redone them, now ep 1 has a wookiee on the front.

3. masterzionosis

Jan 5, 2007
    Well as i also like the font, could you please send it to me, i do have Adobe Type Manager, i'll PM you my email.

Thanks,

~MZ

4. Sith_Holocron_2

Sith_Holocron_2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2006
    Trajan

Purchase Trajan legally using the link above. Don't get this thread closed by requesting materials that are illegal to distribute.

5. masterzionosis

Jan 5, 2007
    Well, soooorrry, i didn't know that its not free, calm down, as kaydon already requested it i didn't see the problem.

6. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    Just a quick note, since everyone seems to want the original design for the title back, I'll be recreating it as exact as possible in illustrator. Ah, such a pain in the ass to make it though! And here I was trying to make it as easy on myself as possible.... Thanks guys...

;) :p

Also, I suppose I might as well try to up the ante on the DVD labels while I'm at it. They could use more work too, kind of just did them as an after thought.

Also, what do you guys think of an actual box design to hold all 3 DVDs? It just occured to me that it should be possible to put one together.

7. masterzionosis

Jan 5, 2007
    well i like the first one you did for ep1, but i prefer the second one you did for ep2, and you should do nothing to the ep3, that one is superb.

8. Kaydon_Sentry

Kaydon_Sentry Jedi Master star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    50 more Q's on the FAQ, all regarding the upcoming Episodes 2 and 3... I'll probably split it into two more posts @ 25 questions each. Look for it by tonight...

9. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    Alright guys, these are the FINAL versions of the DVD and the DVD Box cover. The title has been recreated from scratch so it can be easily modified and the color scheme will match perfectly.

So if you already have a copy of the old High-Res ones I sent out previously, or you just want a high-res copy of these ones, PM me your e-mail addie and I'll send them out!

[image=http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u310/Subject_Zero/DVD-Ep1-v3-2.jpg]

[image=http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u310/Subject_Zero/DVD-Ep1-disc-V3.jpg]

10. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    Looking forward to it, Kaydon!

Nice work on the title logo, Zero! That looks great! Your cover's good, too, I think my only problem with it is how Calo Nord's blaster kind of obscures part of Bastila's face.

11. TK-115

TK-115 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    Hey,nice!

12. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    II. KOTOR: The Movie Episodes 2 & 3 QUESTIONS
    (PART ONE - First 25 of this section)
    The last 25 questions of this section will be posted Thursday night!

33. Ep 2 is gonna be brilliant, (minor spoilers, if you haven?t played KOTOR) hey Kaydon might I suggest that in this film (episode 2) you give the main character, Logan Starr, a few more kind of evil, or meanish lines, just so we can see that he is all not too good as we all know he turns out to be Darth Revan, & he has a bit of evilness inside of him.
    That?s a great idea? my original plan is for him to start off kinda the same way as Episode 1, show some humor, but grow increasingly frustrated with the mission, and the fact he can?t remember anything. That was one aspect I forgot to really focus on in Episode 1. To the point where anyone not familiar with KOTOR might not even know Logan can?t remember a thing before the Spire. I need to correct that.

34. ?Well I don't really mind if Missions brother is cut out. It always seemed like an afterthought to me...like a way to give Mission something to say and do after Taris, while the Bastila love story is integral to the plot.?
    Yeah, not too sure about Mission?s brother and that whole plot. Because really, it ends and wraps up with him sending you on a mission back to Kashyyk if I remember correctly. And we won?t be going back there until the celebration ending in Episode 3. So no. Probably not. We?ll see what we can do with Mission throughout. Her funny scene where she gets tripped by Bastila appears on Tatooine if I plan that well, so that?ll be something for her. Other things to get her involved: she?s ?co-piloting? the ship with Zaalbar and Carth when they pick up Logan and Bastila from the Sith Base on Manaan, and I?ll be using both Jolee?s AND Mission?s adventures on the Leviathon as they free their friends. That, and her reaction to Logan?s reveal plus reaction shots and little lines here and there will keep her involved for the most part.

35. T3 is damn important for KOTOR 2 (game) and probably for KOTOR 3 if it ever gets made and we find out what happened to Revan, after all he's the only one who knows where Revan went.
    T3 is in Episode 2. Features heavily in the opening, and will be present when we first meet HK-47 (they have some great back-and-forth banter between the two of them).

36. Also someone else said Canderous wasn't important after Calo's death. Now, there is his side mission on Tatooine where he kills Kagi. His old comrade in arms and realizes he has to lead the mandalorians and find himself. (Good lead in to KOTOR 2 game wise).[/b]
    Hmmm ? I don?t know how I?ll work that in. Where does he run into Kagi? It might be too late in the gameplay for me to pull that off. I will have Logan talking with Canderous a lot about the Mandalorian Wars and Revan, but it?ll take some work and good planning to keep Canderous more in the mix. My idea ? have him lead the others off the Leviathon as Logan, Bastila, and Carth head to the bridge. Some fancy editing could pull this off, and we can have a duel climax, like in Episode 1 on Kashyyyk. I *might* even use the mini-gun fight on Peragus (from KOTOR2) and have Canderous man those guns as they escape the Leviathon. And even another space battle, but instead of Logan manning the guns, have Canderous do so (after they fly away from the Leviathon). What do you guys think of that?

37. By the way, do you have any idea when episode 2 will be released? Around the same time next year?
    I?d like to say earlier than November. I?m actually hoping for a Summer release. So I can compete with ?Spider-Man 3? and ?The Fantastic Four : Rise of the Silver Surfer.? I think we have a shot against those guys. :)

38. Now to my final question, have you begun the recording of Episode II/if you have then how long have you recorded?
    I have done a test crawl, with the opening scene involving Saul, Bandon and Malak. This was done to test the transition between that scene and the firs

13. masterzionosis

Jan 5, 2007
    Yes, the lightside option is available as i prefer to play the game lightside anyway, thats when i first discovered the kiss, in fact you don't even have to say "shut up and kiss me" you can say "i love you bastilla and i know you love me..." (or whatever) and she will be the one to say something like "ok, you've made your point, now shut up and kiss me you fool" so there is more than one line to initiate it, and it is possible to do on the lightside path and get a kiss.

14. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    I love the idea of Episode III's opening crawl explaining how Logan and co. plan to infiltrate the Sith Academy, and then panning down to see the Ebon Hawk approaching Korriban.

15. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    Ladies and gentlemen... the world premiere of the love theme from KOTOR: Episode 2... it is in concert arrangement form, so this is not how it will be presented in the film. This is the overall scope of the theme. A fitting title for it will come during the editing process. Ideas come to mind include "Beyond all Bonds" and "With this Bond, There is Love."

(Though truthfully, unedited or put together, it's the main theme of Gods & Generals) :)

http://www.kotorthemovie.com/28loganbastilalovetheme.mp3

What you WON'T hear in this compilation is the theme played robustly and grandiose (which will be used for when Bastila makes her sacrifice) and another variation where it's a choir and they sing it very slowly and even more sadly than it appears in this track. So the overall tone of Episode 2 will not only be dictated by events and visuals, but by a driving force of music that will interact very much the same way the Star Map theme was used in Episode 1.

Note the domain name too! Website forthcoming!

16. Lord2

Lord2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2006
    nice website (Ehh I mean the address!) & good theme! I've also prepared a website but it isn't finished yet,
    KOTOR2 - THE MOVIE OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Anyway, I was bored so I made this:
    Darth Sion's TV SPOT

NOTICE: copied this post from another thread

17. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    STAR WARS: KOTOR
    Episodes 2 & 3 Questions... Part 2 (and final part of the FAQ!)

59. I read somewhere in this thread that you would have Juhani killed by [Logan] on Dantooine and have it haunt him for the duration of the movies. I thought it was pure genius and adds more depth to the character, yet there is nothing with Juhani in the film. Why not? Are you planning on sending him back to Dantooine in later films or was that subplot just scrapped?
    No, Juhani won?t be in there, not anywhere? I know there are fans of Juhani, but truthfully ? there are so many characters already, and while I could have killed her off in Episode 1, there wasn?t time, and I needed to focus on the star map mission as soon as possible, and to keep her alive, well considering her subplot isn?t anything major, she would have gone the way of Zaalbar (aka our ?Jar Jar?) because of the lack of story left for her. Maybe I?ll throw her in a cantina or in the background of Dantooine (if we return there) just to satisfy the big time Juhani fans. But I just didn?t want to water down the ?cast? more than it already is, especially as we focus more on the primary characters in Episodes 2 and 3. That subplot you mentioned was the original plan for Episode 1, though.

60. I think you should give Juhani a cameo at the end of KOTOR episode 3. Have her fighting with the Jedi on the star forge.
    That might be an idea too? thanks for the suggestion! Look for her somewhere in the next two movies ? I?ll get her in somewhere. On that note, I know on Tatooine there?s a guy wanting to play Pazaak that uses the scarred face of the player character selections (if you?re the face I use for Logan, anyway). I might have him make a cameo and have a nice little inside joke. We?ll see.

61. I was thinking about using your teammates and droids to infiltrate a Hutts base like in RotJ. I know you like to be original, but there are several ways to include this in one of the stories. I don't know if you plan on doing the whole Tusken Raider village part, or the Krayt dragon. But having your team there working as guards, in disguises, like Lando and Leia. Carth and Canderous could be disguised in armor and masks, standing in the background with the Hutt, and then switch to them killing the three Gammorean guards in the cantina. Then a stand off with the Hutt for safe passage to the cave or something.
    I like your mode of thinking here? its always fun to have the group infiltrate like that? but if you think about it, in Episode 2 we?ll already have an infiltration, when the group sneaks into the Tusken Enclave with full Tusken outfits on. I do want to include the Hutt from Tatooine somewhere on Tatooine ? I might make him their primary contact on Tatooine when they get there. That way, I can use subtitles and have him say anything I want to move the story forward.

62. And the idea should be to have Logan in the Sith temple alone [in Episode 3]. During the initial scenes. I like the idea that it looks like he is evil at first, then show that its all an act.
    There are three ways to end the Sith academy.
    1. With Logan killing both Master and Apprentice.
    2. With Logan killing just the Master and letting the Apprentice live to take rule of Korriban.
    3. With Logan killing the Master and turning the Apprentice to the light side.
    I cant wait to see what happens.

Me too! :) It is a ways off? but I?ll have plenty to think about between 2 and 3, to see the best way to go about the Sith Academy. For sure he?ll turn Dustil to the light side of the Force, but other than that, not much has been decided for that whole sequence. I suppose I?ll use the path that has the best, most dramatic cutscenes? anyone have an idea of which path that would be? My initial thought is to have him kill both Master and Apprentice and have an epic escape out of the Academy, where he fights off weaves and waves of Dark Jedi? it is the final movie of the trilogy after all, we could have some awesome ligthsaber battles! Plus it stil

18. BizAOK

BizAOK Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    In response to FAQ 62:
    I suggest ending the Sith Temple with Logan killing both Master and Apprentice. You've already indicated that you want to give Carth and his son a happy reunion, turning a character back to the light. There's no need to do this twice, in probably just a 15 minute span of screentime no less. Don't reveal that the apprentice could be turned back to the light. Just have Logan right in the middle of a good ol' Sith match of manipulation, with Logan proving the master manipulator by getting them both far away from their protection at the Sith Temple. After the fight, use the opportunity to have Logan make a wise-crack after the other Sith ask him about their whereabouts before letting Logan take on the entire academy on his way off of Korriban.

In response to FAQ 71:
    Love your ideas for Manaan. Using the planet as an action set piece as a sort of re-introduction to the cast for Episode 2 is fantastic, and your outline of events sounds spot-on. The planet could be perfect for showing the audience how different the Sith and Jedi (republic) are in their morality and views on the purpose of power. There are several exchanges between Sith and republic soldiers that the player overhears that you could ever-so-briefly use to explain how evil the Sith are and how tense the galaxy has become while at war. On a related note, I don't think Tatooine presents many chances to delve deeper into the Sith mentality.

In response to FAQ 74:
    In listening to the love theme, I can see what you're going for as far as an overall tone for Episode 2. When I first heard it, I thought the emotions it was trying to evoke were too unfocused and inconclusive to be an actual "theme"; a state of hopeless sadness which begs the question of why fall in love in the first place. (It almost seems more fitting for a funeral.) But that's the point. Its the love theme for a middle chapter of a dramatic series; its supposed to feel in flux because that's where the plot is.

In response to FAQ 79:
    For a concluding scene of Episode 2, it'd be great for Logan to have the darkside ending as a vision while the group is "licking its wounds" on Yavin IV. Great idea. The conflict within him, wondering who is allegiance should be for if not Bastilla and the Jedi (liars) or Malak (attempted murderer), considering perhaps that he owes no person anything except himself. Maybe he has the power within him to control the entire galaxy? Maybe he could be the puppeteer instead of a clueless map-finding errand boy... His trust in everything is gone and he questions all of his past actions, including his willingness to help the Jedi find the Star Forge. What did they ever do for him again? The dark side ending as a vision would also feed well into the start of Episode 3: Has Logan turned to the dark side? Keeping his light/dark side leanings secret from the audience could be risky, though, if you don't make it abundantly clear that Logan's attitude has supposedly changed. If it isn't a big deal to the audience that he might be evil than there'd be no point.

Glad to hear your enthusiasm. The word of mouth has been very positive and you obviously enjoy working on your story. Congrats on a strong first outing.

19. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    Great thoughts BizAOK, thanks for the comments - on a related note, here's a question I answered on the other board which kinda addresses some of your ideas...

"Finally, I like the idea of incorporating a vision of darkside Logan into the end of Episode II, but it would have to be done very carefully. Including the darkside ending to the game would mean showing either a shot of the Sith fleet around the Star Forge, Bastila's declaration that Darth Revan has returned, or both. From a filmmaking perspective, I really don't think either of these should be seen in Episode II. It's more effective to see the Star Forge for the first time when the Ebon Hawk arrives there in Episode III. After being built-up for two movies, the audience should be introuduced to it for real, not in a vision. As for Bastila's appearance in the darkside ending, I think it telegraphs her fall to dark side too much, even if this is just a vision of Logan's. It would be more effective to not show Bastila at all after she is separated from Logan on the Leviathan. The mystery of what happened to her would be left hanging for the year or so between the release of Episodes II and III. Of course, we all know what happens, but a casual viewer would be left in greater suspense."

I'm really leaning towards the title "Search for the Star Forge" - because it's mentioned more than once (many times actually) in the game and in my Episode 2 if it maintains the same pacing I plan. It will be built up all the way to the ending. I plan on ending the movie with a scene on Yavin IV as they reel from the revelation, then the Rodian there will confirm to Logan that Dantooine was attacked, we'll then head to the destroyed Jedi Enclave on Dantooine (using KOTOR2 footage and whatnot) where Logan/Revan (which by Eppy 3, yes we'll be calling him Revan) will stand and vow vengence against Malak and the Sith - then we'll either go to a vision again, of the Darth Revan darkside ending (but CUTOUT Bastila - she will NOT be scene or heard, we can have the vision again in Episode 3 with her in it, filling in the blanks left from 2) and then lead into the ending shots - which will be a closeup of Malak on the Star Forge, then the whole sequence of the countless Sith ships coming from the Star Forge itself, thus making the title a perfect fit. If we DON'T go with the darkside vision, we'll still end on the shot of the inifite Sith fleet, iris out to credits.

Another option as well which I'll edit will be more like "Attack of the Clones", where we'll have Yavin IV, Darkside vision, cut to Malak and the infinite starfleet (with the Empire theme music), then wipe to Dantooine (and transition to the Bastila/Logan love theme) and iris out on Logan standing on a hill vowing venegence.

First version would end things totally on a bleak note. Bastila gone and feared dead, Dantooine destroyed, and Malak and the Sith forces appearing as an insurmountable foe. Second version will have that same overall tone as far as the hopelessness goes, but ending with Logan on Dantooine would give the ending a small jolt of hope and promise for our heroes. I will cut both together and make a decision from there.

I love all these ideas kicking around, though - thanks and I appreciate the ideas, my friend!

20. Darth_Rictor

Darth_Rictor Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    Anyway to include footage of space battles from other games. There really isn't any fighting going on in the game other then with Revan or the final battle. There is no feeling of any war gooing on between the opening credits and the final battle. The only conflict between Republic and Sith is on Manaan, but they aren't even allowed to fight.

21. Dark_Goji_Lord

Dark_Goji_Lord Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2007
    Hmm, are you trying to make these films canon to the Star Wars films, or is the non canon? On another note, I haven't yet had the pleasure of watching KOTOR 1, seeing as I'm at 36.7% on the torrent. May I ask what parts of KOTOR are included in the first episode? Also, will we be seeing the murder case on Manaan?

22. Lord2

Lord2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2006
    No, Episode I include:
    * Endar Spire
    * Taris
    * Dantooine
    * Kashyyyk (Oh I hate that name, so strange with three "y")

23. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    [image=http://www.kotorthemovie.com/teaser.jpg]

24. BizAOK

BizAOK Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2001

Nice.

25. masterzionosis

Jan 5, 2007
    Wow, i love that picture, wicked kaydon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.