main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR: The Movie Episode 2 UNDERWAY!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Kaydon_Sentry, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Rictor

Darth_Rictor Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    I can't seem to find the opening for Episode 2 you created.

2. Kaydon_Sentry

Kaydon_Sentry Jedi Master star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    Here's a nice sneak peak from EPisode 2, "Search for the Star Forge" (now, by the way, the title for Epiode 2 I'm 87% sure about)...

During the "Escape from the Leviathon" sequence, as Logan is in the back of the Hawk wounded from the duel and reeling from the revelation that he is Revan, Canderous mans the gun turrets and fights off the Sith fighters in hot pursuit. Suddenly, a shot hits the hyperdrive system! Alarms sounding, they send T3M4 outside the Hawk to make the repairs... suddenly its a race against time as T3 must make the repairs before the Sith fighters and the Leviathon overwhelm Canderous and Carth manning the ship.

Of course we'll use the tutorial from KOTOR2 TSL to have this sequence, but since I know how to do blaster bolts in post, we'll just add to the action that is the climax of Episode 2!

Next sneak peak at some of the tricks up our sleeve next week!

3. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    Sweet! I can't wait to see that scene in action.

4. Sith_Holocron_2

Sith_Holocron_2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2006
    Finally T3 gets his glory!

5. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Wow! Kayden, I'm seriously getting excited to see Episode 2. Keep up the good work!

6. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001

So! The surprise, I haven't gotten around to it yet. I can reveal it at least... it'll be like a trailer to go "see Kotor Episode I again" and it'll have that swashbuckling style that some of the Special Edition trailers and Episode 3 TV spots had - and then at the tail end of the trailer will be a quick look at Episode 2 (kinda like that trailer for ESB and ROTJ:SE they played before ANH:SE... remember? "And then... on March 7th!" happy it'll be fun. Get the excitement started up again and hopefully make some of you want to see Eppy 1 again!

In Episode 2 spoiler-news - look for a pretty cool conversation between Logan and Carth in the Tatooine cantina... they'll leave Bastila to look for her mother in there while they go "have a drink". I'll be going for the Han Solo meets Luke/ObiWan type vibe, as far as only having source music (cantina music), not a score.

And of course, I've mentioned the Canderous/Logan convo on a skiff barge over the dune sea (headed toward either the Tusken Enclave or the Krayt cave) talking about the Mandalorian Wars and Revan.

I'm going to get real creative with having the character building conversations take place in interesting settings. One can only talk on the Hawk for so much! Think the Logan/Bastila convo from the end of Episode 1, with them standing overlooking the Wookiee village at night.

Thats it for now!

7. Darth_Rictor

May 4, 2005
    Sounds really cool, cant wait!

8. RealTalk

RealTalk Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    ure that dude, nice work on this thing, i thought it would be stupid but i really enjoyed it, keep up the good work

9. Grevious1991

Grevious1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2006
    Hello people, I come from the Fan Film board, I come in peace...

O.K., I just created a forum just for the KOTOR movies. I haven't gotten it approved by Kaydon yet, however I hope to have it as part of the KOTOR official movie site when it comes out. The design of the forum (colors, theme) hasn't been finished yet. It is very basic right now and I hope to add more to it over the next week or so. I wanted to get an offical forum up for the movie so you don't have to wade through 50+ pages on this thread. Those wanting to join and post as it is right now go here:

The Board!

Remember this hasn't been approved by Kaydon yet and he might opt against it. No moderators have been assigned yet (I'm sure Kaydon and some of the frequent visitors on this thread will be some of them), remember that it is a work in progress. I want feedback, suggestions, etc. Don't be afraid to tell me if this was a bad idea, I'm open to contructive criticism.

Enjoy.

10. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    Hi everyone! A few things:

Grievous1991 - that's a fantastic web board, and yes, I'd love to have that be a part of the KOTORTHEMOVIE website once it's up and running. And I also agree with Jedisithor - main updates will be in here for the time being until the site is fully live, and even when that happens we'll never leave this forum or the one at the video games section. But yes, the board looks great thanks so much for doing that! I like how there are some suggestion topics and other random options so visitors can really find what topics they want to discuss specifically. Kudos!

Next - we are looking for three staff positions. Here they are:

1. Web Designer - If someone has some skills in this department, it would be useful. I can make a rudementary site with Dreamweaver, but I'd rather focus on the movies at this point. And then once the site is live work on updates and whatnot. Any takers, please contact me!

2. Marketing - I just realized there are a multitude of KOTOR fan sites, fan fiction sites, etc, etc out there. Marketing would just kinda help us out on spreading the word. No spamming or anything, :) but just posting updates, links, etc. Maybe even work on that Wookiepedia article and keep it updated? (by the way, thanks to Sikon for starting that article up! Very nice of you and I like it so far!)

3. Research & Development - okay, so this title's a bit over the top, :) but it basically is this: I'd really like someone to get as far as I currently am, with the bald player character, and then for us just basically 'play ahead' - make sure we're getting the right conversation paths for story development, etc, etc. Ideally this person would have a method of capturing the footage as well, so in case of an emergency and on my saved game I can't get the Bastila kiss scene, maaaaybe our R&D guy can. Also, at the very least we can get audio from conversations we might have passed by, etc, etc. Anyway, basically kinda like a backup and plus figuring out ways to maximize our story's potential. Would work closely with Jedisithor.

That's it for now... expect the website to be very user-friendly, and also full of updates as if the film was going into production. I'd like the recreate that feeling many of us had here at TFN if a spy report came in, or photos from the set, etc, etc... that'll be our aim with pre-production.

Here's a sneak peak of what I'm thinking - this series is called "ON THE SET" and the site will occasionally have photos taken from one of our crew members during production. (Okay we know it's machinima but play along, it's supposed to be fun) :)

"ON THE SET" - First two images on location!

Carth & Mission take their marks, on set in Tunisia during the filming of STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC: EPISODE 2 - SEARCH FOR THE STAR FORGE:

[image=http://www.kotorthemovie.com/ontheset/ontheset01.jpg]

The crew sets up a shot outside the stunning Sandcrawler set on location in Tunisa for STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC: EPISODE 2 - SEARCH FOR THE STAR FORGE:

[image=http://www.kotorthemovie.com/ontheset/ontheset02.jpg]

-More later!

~Kaydon

11. Darth_Rictor

May 4, 2005
    I'm sorry. I dont see any link.

12. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    Hey everyone!

Things are going to get a bit hectic for me the next week or so, so I figured I?d leave you with a nice little treat for those looking forward to Episode II ? Search for the Star Forge. These are two excerpts from the movie?s soundtrack ? now remember, the way I go about things is I put together a soundtrack before a single shot is even started, just to get my brain working and thinking about the scenes and sequences. So all this can change, but as you will see I?ve even done mixing and thought about certain events while doing so. Enjoy!

15. The Dragon, Map, & Sith Apprentice 05:29

First track (15) is actually called ?The Dragon, Map, & Sith Apprentice? and pretty much covers the entire Krayt Dragon sequence, leading to the discovery of the Star Map, and finally the showdown with Darth Bandon outside the cave.

http://www.kotorthemovie.com/music/15_dragon_starmap_bandon.mp3

Here?s basically a point by point breakdown of the music:

00:00-00:46 ? Logan and company work with the hunter to set a plan to ambush the dragon.

00:46 - 02:03 - Defeating the Krayt Dragon ? this is basically that cutscene with all the bombs going off.

02:04 -02:17 - Big Drums - Dragon aftermath ? Logan injects a little humor here, saying something along the lines of "what a wonderful smell you've discovered"(thanks Jedisithor).

02:18-03:21 - Unearthing the Star Map ? Ah yes? the Star Map theme of the trilogy! Note it?s a little slower and a bit more somber, as keeping in line with the overall scope and tone of the film.

03:22 - 05:29 - Duel with Darth Bandon ? Pretty much self-explanatory here? however, note the Star Map theme appearing (with a bit more urgency) at 04:29 during the battle ? there will most likely be a situation where one of the group has to back up and protect the map from one of the Sith attackers. That would happen at that point in the track.

21. Saul Kareth?s Last Stand 04:29

As you might imagine, this track encompasses the final battle against the Sith general that betrayed Carth and so many others. The actual *fight* will be longer on film, as you see here it?s only a minute of the track. But expect the general tone of the buildup and aftermath to very much be the same.

http://www.kotorthemovie.com/music/21_saul_karaths_last_stand.mp3

00:00-02:15 - Confronting Saul ? Here our heroes (especially Carth) will go back and forth with Saul, who will taunt the group into a fight. The buildup is slow, leading to?

02:16-03:14 - The Fight (in the movie it will be longer, this is just for the soundtrack). Self- explanatory.

03:15-03:55 - Saul's Death ? here the music gets more eerie and dark hinting at the big revelation to come. It is here Saul laughs and says his dying words to Carth? the heroes then look at the aftermath caused in the melee as the music rises and we?

03:56-04:15 ? BLAST THE REBEL FANFARE as we cut to Canderous kicking ass and finally leading the group to the docking bay. He gets the group into the ship as he blasts Sith Troopers on their tail.

04:16-04:29 - Logan & Company just prior to Malak's arrival ? mainly fluff music leading to the big REVELATION!

Well ? there you go? hope you guys enjoyed this little musical preview? I know it?s nothing visual, but those with a good imagination and general feel for the music can see the kind of tone we?ll be setting for Episode 2 ? we?re all really excited and some big things are to come! Take care for now, if I can I?ll pop my head in every now and then the next week or so?

~Kayd

OH and the link for the forums is: http://forum.freeboards.net/index.php?mforum=kotormovie

13. nesthejedi

nesthejedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2007
    Wow...Ok so I'm new here but i've ben watching Kaydon's whole progress from the begining to end of ep 1. I was amazed. You've may have seen my 2 kotor trailers(epicon - rising empire)that I had before they got taken down from youtube(because i showed a trailer of spiderman with venom in it). i lost everything i uploaded except for a few vids.(a halo trailer)and on top of that my cpu crashed! but anyway i was happy that my old profile (09nes) was the only one kaydon suscribed to for a while lol. Now hearing that there are gonna be two more episodes just jingles my bells. So Congrates to kayden for taking some time out in his life to create a new StarWars experience.

14. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    How's episode 2 coming along Kaydon? We haven't heard from you in a while. :)

15. Darth_Rictor

May 4, 2005
    Please check out the website mentioned above. Kaydon has made several comments regarding the next movie, and will post or preview them there until his website is up.

16. AqUaMuLe

AqUaMuLe Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2004
    Hi, it's been awhile since I've been on the forums.

I'm amazed by the clips and talk of the first movie.

Is it still available for download somewhere or can I get a dvd from somehwhere?

17. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    anybody?

[face_worried]

18. Will_of_the_Sith

Will_of_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2006
    it should still be on the pirate bay

19. Darth_Rictor

May 4, 2005
    Here is the link to all you need.
    http://forum.freeboards.net/viewtopic.php?t=18&mforum=kotormovie

20. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    Is there a link to download it?

All of that was on youtube.

21. Darth_Rictor

May 4, 2005
    Sorry, wrong page.
    http://forum.freeboards.net/viewtopic.php?t=23&mforum=kotormovie

22. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    Thanks so much for the link
    :)

23. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    NEW clip (part 5) uploaded to my Youtube page, for those interested!

I believe I'll get to part 6 tonight too... which in the eyes of some is the best sequence of the movie (or at least the most humorous!) Anyway - look for it tonight!

http://www.youtube.com/kevinsocal2k6

24. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    Direct link for Part 6:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHJMtvyloNs

25. Siri_Ticallia

Siri_Ticallia Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2007
    these are awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.