main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR: The Movie Episode 2 UNDERWAY!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Kaydon_Sentry, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Rictor

Darth_Rictor Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    We may be starting a dvd chain so everyone can have their very own copy. And with more people, we can reach people who live on the otherside of the world.
    Here is the page. http://forum.freeboards.net/viewtopic.php?t=81&mforum=kotormovie

2. Kaydon_Sentry

Kaydon_Sentry Jedi Master star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    Hello everyone.

I recieved this letter from LucasFilm's legal department today:

To: Kevin (Kaydon_Sentry)

Re: Unauthorized Use of STAR WARS Copyrights and Trademarks on website:

http://www.kotorthemovie.com/kotorthemovie

Gentlemen:

Lucasfilm Ltd. and its affiliated and related entities (collectively "Lucasfilm") are the exclusive owners of all rights in and to the Star Wars films and games, most specifically, Knights of the Old Republic for the X-Box and PC. Movie properties include Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, and the STAR WARS character properties, including all the expanded universe material; which also includes the aformentioned title. Those motion pictures, video games, and the characters and unique elements which appear therein (the "STAR WARS Copyrights and Trademarks") are protected by the copyright and trademark laws of the United States and other nations.

We note that STAR WARS Copyrights and Trademarks are being posted and distributed on the above website without Lucasfilm's authorization ("Unauthorized Items"). This unauthorized use of STAR WARS Copyrights and Trademarks constitutes copyright infringement, trademark infringement and unfair competition. By this letter, we request that you immediately suspend and/or disable the account of the above website and/or that you immediately remove the Unauthorized Items from the above website.

We further request written assurance that you will comply with this demand. Lucasfilm is the exclusive owner of all relevant rights in and to the Star Wars Franchise. Pursuant to the DMCA, we have a good faith belief that any items falling into the categories identified above infringe Lucasfilm's copyrights and other intellectual property rights, and are not authorized by Lucasfilm or its agents. I am authorized to act on Lucasfilm's behalf regarding these matters. The information provided in this communication is accurate to the best of my knowledge and is provided under penalty of perjury.

Thank you for your cooperation. Nothing in this letter shall be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of any right or remedy possessed by Lucasfilm or any other affected party, all of which are expressly reserved.

Sincerely,

Lucasfilm Ltd., (Antipiracy)

Business Affairs

Sorry everyone. I have to end the KOTOR trilogy. I'll most likely continue it as a personal endeavor, but I can not and will not put this online if it means getting sued or worse. Thanks to everyone for your support - it's been a fun ride and I guess I'll pop in here from time to time. Take care!

~Kaydon (Kev)

3. Grevious1991

Grevious1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2006
    I'm sure I speak for everybody here when I say...they were damn good movies! It sucks that it has to end like this. Its great to see your continuing it as a personal endeavor...though most people (including me) won't get to see it. Best of luck with future projects. I'm sure lots of people are disapointed...but we'd rather you not get sued. Thanks for all you've done!

-Grevious

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA...very funny.

4. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    Alright everyone. Probably you're wondering what's going on. Right now, I can't really say. I want to say I'll do anything I can to save the films. Like it or not, we have to follow the legal team's advice.

Finding a way out of this will not be easy. Only now, it's more or less a legal issue. Originally this was to be made for fun. Let's just stay tuned. Several options for us.

!!!!!

5. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    It's gone on long enough - If you notice - the FIRST letter of each sentence on that message I left earlier - you will know the true answer to this mystery!

6. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    good one K_S. However, if you were to recieve on of those letters from LF, and I know of a few people who have over at originaltrilogy.com, then it's probably because you're posting clips onto youtube. If you avoid that then you'll be fine

7. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Nice one Kaydon. I about spewed my drink on the monitor when I read your letter from April 1st. :p

8. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    Your weekly KOTOR: The Movie Trilogy Update!

Hey everyone ? considering work has yet to be really started on the second Episode of the KOTOR trilogy, aside from pre-production and story planning, obviously things have slowed down here in the threads at TFN. The forums over at the KOTOR Trilogy website have been afire, so I thought I?d grab some of the highlights and post them here for everyone! So enjoy!

The Forums - http://forum.freeboards.net/index.php?mforum=kotormovie

First up ? the ?Episode II Daily Tidbits? ? a section that showcases minor spoilers and interesting info regarding Episode 2, currently underway (well, soon, anyway!) Following that, you?ll find the Episode 3 Daily Tidbits as well. Check the forums for fun facts and tidbits regarding the first movie, Episode 1.

EPISODE 2 DAILY TIDBITS------------------------

Your Episode 2 Daily tidbit for 3/29/07....

After Manaan, the group will return to Dantooine (before its destruction). Using CGI and other compositing effects, to increase the dark mood of this second chapter in the KOTOR Film Trilogy, the planet will be in the midst of a torrential thunder storm. Gone are the sunny days of Dantooine - you'll see a storm for the ages!

Your Episode 2 Daily tidbit for 3/30/07....

The final runtime will NOT be limited to the 2 hour limit - however, we will not aim for any specific run time - just as long as is required to tell the story and mainly develop the characters AND love story.

Your Episode 2 Daily tidbit for 04/03/07....

Episode 2 will INDEED be completed!

Your Episode 2 Daily Tidbit for 4/11/07....

Using footage from the tutorial in KOTOR2: TSL, during the escape from the Leviathon sequence (after the revelation), T3 will exit the Hawk and travel along its hull to fix damages amidst the Sith attack!

Your Episode 2 Daily Tidbit for 4/12/07....

In an effort to successfully bridge themes and overall tones to the trilogy... You will hear a brief snippit from the "Sith Academy Overture" theme (which will be prominent in Episode III) at some point during Episode 2 when Sith Troopers are present!

Your Episode 2 Daily Tidbit for 4/13/07....

The "Starship Troopers" theme that was enjoyed by many in Episode 1, will slowly evolve into Canderous' theme... whenever he is doing heroic acts. Look for the theme to appear once again in Episode 2, I have a more robust and grandiose version of the theme, and it will most definitely blast your speakers when Canderous is kicking ass aboard the Leviathon, and possibly again as they make their escape.

Of course, this should mean a return visit of the theme in Episode 3 as well...

EPISODE 3 DAILY TIDBITS------------------------

Your Episode 3 Daily tidbit for 3/29/07....

As of press, the staff of the KOTOR movie team have not decided whether Logan will end up on the dark side, light side, or possibly both... Check Episode 2 for clues to our direction for the finale.

Your Episode 3 Daily tidbit for 3/30/07....

Several key figures from the two prior films *could possibly* make a return in some capacity for the final installment. These cameos could happen anywhere, though early ideas call for some returns during the celebration sequence (if we go the lightside route) - including Gadon and the Hidden Beks!

Your Episode 3 Daily tidbit for 04/03/07....

Episode3 will INDEED be completed!

Your Episode 3 Daily Factoid for 4/11/07....

Yavin IV (from Episode 2) makes a return appearance in Episode 3... huge revelations about the galaxy at war and the current state for our heroes will be revealed during this scene!

Your Episode 3 Daily Factoid for 4/12/07....

The Sith Academy Overture will be an original find (ala' the Star Map theme), a theme that will easily be capable of being integrated into actual Sith and Darkside/Imperial/Emperor themes, however the overall scope of the theme will be more "Shindlers

9. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    For you non-DVD fans - parts 8 AND 9 are finally uploaded to youtube. Check them out here:

http://youtube.com/profile?user=kevinsocal2k6

----

PART 8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNykaaR952k
    This section covers Logan Starr's Jedi Training, plus a thrilling Speederbike chase through the Ancient Ruins of Dantooine!

----

PART 9
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_EiUsS52a0

This features the Ancient Ruins, the first Star Map, and Logan recieving the mission that could lead him to his destiny!

~Kayd

10. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    Very cool. I'm glad to hear that things will be picking up over the next month or so. I'm excited to see how Ep 2 and 3 turn out.

11. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    New parts, 10 and 11 are up. Many who've seen the movie on DVD have the events that happen in Part 11 as their favorite sequence in the film - so enjoy~!

12. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    Kaydon, you scared me for a minute with that letter (a little late, but still)

13. Lord2

Lord2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2006
    watch the whole more on youtube, visit here for more info:
    http://forum.freeboards.net/viewtopic.php?t=23&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&mforum=kotormovie

14. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    EPISODE 2 PRODUCTION UPDATE

05/08/07

Hey folks - I figured by making little newsletter updates - it will keep you guys posted and up to date fully on all the goings-on on-set here for Episode 2, Search for the Star Forge. We are now fully in production - with the production moving from Tunsisia due to weather problems and heading to the studios in Austrailia for the Manaan Sith Base shoot! Okay - all kidding aside, you guys know I shoot in sequence, so let's get on with the update!

CURRENT STATUS - 2% completed

Spoilers, Tidbits & Information

OPENING CRAWL - TWO OF THEM

The title IS locked down - "Search for the Star Forge" - though two crawls are being produced by our main man Subject Zero - one with KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC at the top, with Episode II, then the title. And one with just Episode II and the title. Please don't open disucssions as to what should be used, I'm making the call late in the game and I don't want to focus on that at all.

FIRST SCENE OF THE MOVIE - DARTH BANDON

A preliminary opening sequence has been edited... we will PAN UP for Episode 2, to the Leviathon - and have the Bandon Introduction scene as our opening piece. From there we will wipe to Manaan - and have a thrilling ten minute or so infiltration sequence. I did a rough transition and tried a way to first introduce Logan - and I think you guys are really going to like it! It is here we'll meet T3, and in a non-visible cameo, they'll mention they got him from a Zabrak on Telos - you know who that is!

FREE-ROAM TESTS AND WALKAROUNDS

As I have been waiting for the camera, I have been testing out angles, wide shots, and other things to do while on Manaan. This planning ahead has now given an extra bit of action of the infiltration - as I will have Carth and Canderous be blasting the Sith soldiers in the docking bay (usually you start there to get into the base) - so while Logan and Bastila are racing inside to recover T3, the Hawk will land in the docking bay, and Carth and Canderous will lay to waste the sith troops. Should be exciting, having a dual action sequence to start things off.

The trick of the opening is, and what will make this a long process since I'm so going to be the perfectionist this time around, is that I'm really crafting a NEW mini-story out of this sequence. Logan will be in constant communication with Roland Han (or whatever that dude's name is) - and another Republic officer named Seth Draze (who I'll be hiring someone to voice). IN Episode 1 I tweaked story elements using subtitles only - this time around I'll be doing it for English/Basic speaking characters too, much like I will with Kaydon Sentry in Episode 3. And also look for Draze to be somewhere in the mix during the Battle of Lehon too, in Episode 3. He's our Wedge of the KOTOR trilogy. :)

So once the infiltration sequence is finished, the pace will really pick up. But the opening might take me some time - but it'll be worth it. Capturing has been underway and will continue this week, with logging this week as well. A fully edited sequence might be done next week. I haven't decided how open I'm going to be with clips this time around. We'll see...

ETC, ETC

Anyway, that's it for now... can't wait for you guys to see some progress made - we'll have the mods at the TFN forums rename the title of the thread to "EPISODE II UNDERWAY" or something real soon - generate some interest... take care for now!!!!

~Kaydon

15. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    Thanks for the update! I can't wait to see the final movie.

16. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    EPISODE 2 SPY REPORT!!!! 5-15-07 - "NOT VERY JEDI OF YOU..."

Here comes a spy report from the set of Episode 2: Search for the Star Forge! The crew wrapped on the Sith Infiltration last week, and this week they begin some of the more dialogue-heavy scenes... with a planned shoot for Sith Base pickups late Thursday and all day Friday. Anyway-

As you know - Logan is slowly becoming more powerful in the Force, realizing a destiny he's had all along. With his mind being slowly rebuilt (leading up to the shocking twist), we see glimpses of a man who has wihtin him the capacity and leanings of the dark side of the Force...

An example of the new - more Revan-like Logan Starr, two parts taken from a sequence on Manaan...

Note: Discussions ARE allowed in this thread!

SPOILER WARNING!!!!

------

------

LOGAN
    That?s none of your business. All
    you need to worry about is letting us
    through, woman.

SITH OFFICER
    You talk big, but remember what we
    did to Taris. Maybe you're next on
    our list.

LOGAN
    (unimpressed)
    Am I.

SITH OFFICER
    You look like a Republic agent ?
    I can see the cowardice in your eyes.

LOGAN
    You better change your attitude, wench-
    Or the Selkath might find your body
    floating in the ocean!

-----

-----

From later on in the scene, we see shades of great power:

-----

-----

SELKATH CONSTABLE
    Taunts are one thing, human. Threats of
    physical violence are quite another.

Using a bit of THE FORCE, Logan waves his hand in front of the Selkath Constable.

LOGAN
    We are innocent. This woman here has
    broken your laws. You will take her away.

SELKATH CONSTABLE
    You are innocent. This woman here has
    broken our laws. We will take her away.

SITH OFFICER
    Me? I didn't do anything? This is
    an outrage! A travesty of justice!

LOGAN
    She can discuss her grievences
    with the courts. You?re taking
    her away.

SELKATH CONSTABLE
    You can discuss your grievences
    with the courts. We're taking
    you away.

SITH OFFICER
    This Sith won't stand for this, Jedi!

Logan and the others walk off. He turns around for a final parting shot.

LOGAN
    No doubt the Sith will let you rot
    in your cage for a while before
    securing your release. Enjoy the
    vacation.

The group heads toward the Republic Embassy while the Selkath drag the Sith woman away.

-Hope you enjoyed this Spy Report!!!-

17. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    I love it! BTW, any update on an estimated release date?

18. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    *NEW TRAILER*

"Return to the Force - with EPISODE I of the Knights of the Old Republic Trilogy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IJUWxYK7C6g

With the highly anticipated second film of the first KOTOR Trilogy currently in production (Episode II: Search for the Star Forge) - we celebrate the opening chapter of this great saga with a NEW trailer, showcasing the magic and thrills that started it all!

Return to the Adventure. Return to the Magic. Return to the FORCE!!!!

Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic: EPISODE I! Available now!

Answer to the Release Date question for Episode II - I don't have a definite answer as of yet. Hopefully by the end of Summer!

19. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    That new trailer has convinced me that it's time to go watch Episode 1 again. I so can't wait for ep 2. :)

20. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    EPISODE 2 SPY REPORT!!!! 5-29-07 - "EXPANDING THE MAGIC..."

----

Many new techniques are being used for Episode II: Search for the Star Forge - including of course the technique called "comping". A similar process was used in Episode 1 to show all the gang together in the Kashyyyk celebration.

Word has it that many new types of techniques involving comping will be utilized in Episode 2. Two such cases appear in an early sequence (the Sith Base Infiltration and Escape).

As the Ebon Hawk blasts its way out of the Sith hangar - we'll immediately cut to an IN-COCKPIT shot of the Ebon Hawk, looking out the window as if we were passengers ourselves... a shot that follows is an impressive shot of the Ebon Hawk skimming over the Manaan seas with the lens flare of the sun that shines behind the craft!

------

Needless to say, we're very happy with how good some of these shots are turning out. To have the ability to be INSIDE the Hawk now for travel, and create other exterior shots with the ship will serve to EXPAND the MAGIC of the saga - and give fans old and new something to be excited about.

[image=http://kotorthemovie.com/cockpit.jpg]

-Spoil-tastic OUT!

21. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    EPISODE 2 SNEAK PEAK!

Up for only a day or so - catch it while it's up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du55_xGJdds

This clip showcases some of the many sfx-techniques that serve to "expand the magic" as we are calling it - of course, we mean by adding CGI and doing a bit of effects-wizardry to place our heroes in new situations not found in the game.

First shot is of course the Ebon Hawk escaping the docking bay admidst a myriad of Sith blaster fire. Obviously this doesn't happen in the game. We added the blasts.

Also, in the game, you never see interior shots of the Hawk and cockpit while traveling mid-planet. We have added some shots to add to the heroes escaping from the Sith Base on Manaan. This occurs after a lengthy (8 minutes+) infiltration and fight sequence within the base (with Logan and Bastila fighting droids, etc) and the others defending the Hawk in the docking bay.

Note: Not shown in this sequence, there are FOUR more shots (in a row) featuring a special effect or comping techniques to further the story and showcase the Hawk's escape.

All shots are 75% final. Dialogue and the lengths of certain shots or clips could be altered by the time of release.

22. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    That cockpit shot does look really nice. Keep up the good work Kayden!

23. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I just finished watching episode 1. The movie is one amazing piece of work. The soundtrack is awesome. It's a bit confusing in the beginning but once you hit Kashyyyk the film is perfect. The way you edited the scene where it looks like the whole party is there having a conversation is genius. Can't wait to see episode 2.

24. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    Just like for Episode 1, keep your eyes here for "VISUAL SELECTS" - giving you visual glimpses at the upcoming second chapter of the Knights of the Old Republic Movie Trilogy!

[image=http://www.kotorthemovie.com/selects/01select.jpg]

~K

25. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I have a question... What is the music cue during the scene in the council right before the party leaves for Kashyyk? I was lurking on your forum and I saw you mention releasing a soundtrack for the movies. Any plans on releasing this soon, or is this something that would happen once episode 2 is released?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.