main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR: The Movie Episode 2 UNDERWAY!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Kaydon_Sentry, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    very cool, especially if it's supposed to be 'very rough'
    granted, at the time of the explosion another cue might fit
    but otherwise, very cool

one very interesting thing for me are the original English voices - so far I only knew the German version of the game (which, I think, has a far better translation and dub than the movies [face_frustrated])

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Wow! I only just found this, well done dude, I'm liking what I see so far, keep it up, and keep on polishing.

3. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    veary nice blend of in game to cinematic, althugh i see what you mean by rough.

4. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Very awesome clips. Excellent editing work. I would love to see the whole thing played out like in a big movie. It would be a nice addition to my Star Wars movie collection. ;)

5. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    Keep KOTOR 1 to one movie, then keep KOTOR 2 to another movie.

6. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Nice man! And you call that rough?! I liked the music and everything. I cant wait until you finish the story. :D

7. Kaydon_Sentry

Kaydon_Sentry Jedi Master star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    Hello everyone!

Happy Tuesday to all of you, I hope the week has started out great for all of you. Just wanted to have a little fun here and give a 'spoiler-leak' style preview of the KOTOR films I am currently working on, just for kicks. I hope you enjoy: :)

As posted on eh.com (jk, get it? "mf.com"?... okay enough)... here are the important tidbits:

*The entirety of the game will be split into three movies, with each runtime totalling under about 2 hours, since I do not have the capacity to burn dual layered dvds just yet. Gotta keep it under 120 min.

*Episode 1: "Knights of the Old Republic" (tentative title) starts on the Endar Spire, takes us to Taris, obviously, then Dantooine... a special surprise... and then comes to a thrilling conclusion on Kashykk. (Thanks to the advice from these boards). With the Wookie situation solved as its climax... The ending will be upbeat, similar to TPM and ANH. Even with a celebration of sorts. :)

* The Yavin IV spaceport is the 'special surprise' in Ep1, for those who don't have X-Box Live or the PC version. The Rodian character that inhabits it will be modified slightly, with new subtitles, making him more of a wiser, old 'Yoda-when-he-was-quirky' style creature. He will also appear in 3.

* Episode 2 looks to be the best of the trio. Starts on Tatooine, then moves to Korriban, and features the climax and big twist on the Leviathon as its cliffhanger ending. The twist revealed, Bastila missing, all hope seems lost for our heroes... or does it?

* Episode 3, then opens with Manaan (which will focus mostly underwater), Yavin IV, then the Unknown World, and finally the Star Forge and the epic ending.

* Juhani will not live past Dantooine. Sets up a huge failure for our hero Logan in the first film. It haunts him throughout the adventure.

* Through editing, the main nemesis for each film goes something like this... Episode 1- Calo Nord (think Jango in Ep2 of the PT), Episode 2- Saul and Darth Bandon, and Episode 3, obviously... Malak (and Bastila).

* BOTH endings will be seen. Lightside and Darkside. Though I will most likely go with the lightside ending as the story. BUT! Our hero will have a dream sequence that features not only the darkside ending, but a haunting vision of him killing Jolee, Carth, and forcing Zaalbar to kill Mission! This trilogy is to serve as a way to experience both sides of the story, years from now, without having to play it so much.

* Episode 1 features Pod Racing. I know they say swoop racing, but I'll be using footage from SW:Racer Revenge to make the high stakes race on Taris more exciting. It looks like there'll be no time for pod racing on Tatooine or Manaan.

* I will have no problem providing dvds to those who ask. Though legal issues worry me, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I will not do anything to get in trouble, if that means no dvds or online chapters, then sorry :(

* Jolee is like our Obi-wan from ANH in Episode 1. And HK serves as a refreshing new character (like Lando from ESB) in Episode 2.

That's about it for now. I'd like to get another clip online this week... but I have a lot of work going on right now with my job, so no promises. I hope everything has a good week. Take care!

8. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    One question, Can I wait in line for episode one?

9. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    The entirety of the game will be split into three movies, with each runtime totalling under about 2 hours, since I do not have the capacity to burn dual layered dvds just yet. Gotta keep it under 120 min.

Dual layer what? You are saying the entire movie is 120 mins or 3 * 120 mins to me. Clarify for us non-video geeks.

BOTH endings will be seen...blah..et all

Great idea! Great way to show the dark side enging, with the dream and all.

I will have no problem providing dvds to those who ask. Though legal issues worry me, ...blah.. et al

I thought this would be a downloadable kinda thing when you first pitched the idea. Why not break it up into smaller episodes and make it downloadable?

Legal issues do not worry me and I don't care about trouble, if there's anything I can do to help with distribution.

10. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    One of the easiest ways to distribute it would be with a .torrent.

11. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Keep plugging away at it man, your audience awaits. :p :D

12. Dante_Glass

Apr 2, 2004
    Legal issues should be fine as long as your doing it non profit.

13. Kaydon_Sentry

Kaydon_Sentry Jedi Master star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    Dual Layered DVDs are what mainstream movies are on. You might notice when a dvd plays a quick wierd freeze of sorts, lasting a half second... that is your dvd player reseting and playing the second layer. Which is how some dvds can cover whole 3 hour movies.

My burner does not support dual layered dvd burns, SO... the total runtime PER dvd (so, per episode) must be under 120 minutes... so each episode will be about 117 minutes each.

14. JediAzaz

JediAzaz Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2005
    hey, when can we expect this to be released :)

15. Uwe_Boll

Uwe_Boll Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2005
    Hello, I am sorry to say that I have bought the rights to the Knights of the old republic movie from Mr Lucas. I cannot allow you to go on.

I have big plans and a very awesome story planned. I have come up with a romantic horror-comedy for this type of movie because that is what everyone wants to see!!! This game story will not do, you have to stop so everyone can see the real movie.

We threw away the original story because it is too complicated and noone understands it! The main story is now about how Revan one day vacuums his janitor spaceship and finds out how he must stop the aliens from invading the lower regions of his microwave oven!!

Also there is already a scene with Bastila having sex completely naked and she does not have any clothes on!!

16. Dante_Glass

Apr 2, 2004
    who's playing bastila ;)

17. JediAzaz

JediAzaz Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2005
    what the heck? Why cant we have two Kotor movies???

18. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    He's actually a sock making fun of Uwe Boll, a director who makes crappy video game movies. There's nothing to worry about.

19. Dante_Glass

Apr 2, 2004
    sooo, when are we going to see some more clips. and I don't want any of thoese i have a "real life" excuesses. Come on, who has a "real life" anymore.

ah well off to work.

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    From the redirected thread:

Kaydon_Sentry: Here are two sequences from the pod race section of Episode 1... its REALLY dark, because I forgot to lighten up the brightness when condensing the files for this upload, but you can at least get a good idea of what it'll be like.
    Again, on anything but a mac it'll look way dark... the final output for the dvd is much crisper
    Just before the race and the first few seconds:

http://members.aol.com/swamisd/startrace.mov

Thrilling climax to the race:

http://members.aol.com/swamisd/podrace.mov

Pod race footage was used from "Star Wars: Racer Revenge" for the PS2. I color corrected it to match with KOTOR, and threw in a couple cool cockpit shots of Logan at the helm of his racer.

Darth_Tynaus: Nice, not bad at all. This game really has me intrigued. I kind of like the idea of a Star Wars Lego game.

Siths_Revenge: You'll get a chance to play one in a few months. I've seen pics of it. Looks sweet!

Darth-Lando: Really cool!!! How did you get those cockpit shots?

Fallen_Jedi21: Looks lik he stood Logan in front of the Ebon Hawk's turret ladder and took some shaky shots.

Sith Magician: Cool, and the pod race works for better for drama than the swoop race.
    Are you going to animate the guys mouth at all?

Dante_Glass: fantastic, deffently the right choice to go with the pod racing over KOTOR's swoop stuff.

JediHobbit: very well done. I applaud your efforts and hope that they continue in such a high-quality manner.

Jedi-Anakin-Solo: Awesome!

I love idea of a pod race so much more than a swoop race. Very exciting race footage.

21. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    Any more clips for us?

22. Jaycen_Ordo

Jaycen_Ordo Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2004
    Kaydon, you are a god. Also I would like to talk to you sometime about the "Union" video. Keep up the good work, shoot me a PM.

23. macevspalpy113

macevspalpy113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Excuse me, but the Endar Spire clips are not downloading. Thank You

24. kkennedy3

kkennedy3 Jedi Master

May 3, 2004
    Yeah, I couldn't get the Endar Spire clips to work either...

25. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Kaydon, your work thus far has been absolutely incredible! :cool: I can't wait to see the completed films!

And yes, I too couldn't load the Endar Spire clip.
    But what I've seen thus far is mind blowing. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.