main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL "Kowakian Karaoke" @ the Blue Frog Bar & Grill

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Greetings Fellow Fans,

Join Chicago Force on Saturday November 6th at the
    BLUE FROG BAR & GRILL for Dinner, Games & Karaoke.

WHERE:
    BLUE FROG BAR & GRILL

ADDRESS:
    676 N. La Salle Dr.

Free Parking at the bar!!! (there's a gate for the parking lot with a phone number on it. Just call and they'll open it for you.)

CTA (Red Line) Grand Stop

Date: Saturday November 6th, 2004

When: 7:30pm Meet Chicago Force for Dinner & Board Games
    10:00pm Karaoke!

Description:
    This will be CF's second venture to the Blue Frog. This place is awesome, with a ton of classic board-games (Trivial Pursuit, Life!, Sorry, Risk, Stratego etc). Their staff is unbelievably friendly & unpretentious. The food: burgers, sandwiches, and soups are very affordable (considering the location).
    At 10:00 the games go back on the shelf and the DJ breaks out the Karaoke machine. Even if you don't sing, come down and cheer, or jeer us as we make attempts at singing the hits.

2. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Hey Mark (Jodokast) would like to know if anyone in the northwest suburbs can give him a ride to this event. If you can, please let me know and I'll give you his information.

Thanks!

Bosh

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, seeing as this is only like a 10 minute L ride from my dorm, I'll hopefully be heading out there on Saturday.

Yeah, yeah, I know-- I'm at college and the best thing I can do on a Saturday night is go to a karaoke bar with the local Star Wars fan club... Oh well. :D

4. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    Is this place 21 & over?

5. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    No, it's not... last time we were there, we had Chris and Emma along for the ride.

6. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    if someone could please sing "9 to 5" or "total eclipse of the heart" in my honor, i'd be very grateful.

7. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    Is anyone comming from the north side at all that can offer me a ride?

8. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Speaking of which (again), can anyone pick up Mark in the NW burbs?

Let me know.

9. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    If I leave early enough (which shouldn't be a problem), I can pick them up.

10. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    w00h00, Peaches is coming. Now it'll be a party.

11. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Or else I can... it depends on whether I'll be in the city or not that afternoon. :)

12. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Final reminder bump...

-Le Penguin
    "?????"

13. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    May not be going now... Will see what happens.

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Contrary to popular belief, I had SO much fun. I just was getting so hungry and tired it was quickly becoming unfun which is why I left. But yeah, I'm glad I put off some of my homework to hang with you all-- like I said, I really enjoyed catching with everyone and sucking oh-so-badly our own version of trivial pursuit.

But I'm sad I missed the ritualistic intoxication of Dave. :(

15. kosure

kosure Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Im sorry I couldn't come. I was really looking forward to meet some more of the CF gang. Unfortunatly I had some other things to attend to tonight.

Hopefully I'll see more of you at this months Book Club, which i'll be attending, come hell or high water.

Hope you all had a blast.

-Tyler.

16. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    And what a show you missed, too. Not only did Dave do his pantented versionof "The Humpty Dance," but Jodo belted out a damn fine rendition of Tom Jones' "Delilah"; not to mention Carrie's "La Bamba" and Tara's "Fever." I only hope Hazz's video finds its way online soon.

Indeed, a fun time was had by most. I'm still trying to figure out why Sinatra's "That's Life" somehow warrants a strip tease, or why Peaches isn't on Ritalin, but those are minor quandries. For all who didn't make it: you suck.

fyi Matt: 9-to-5 was performed, poorly, in your honor.

-Le Penguin
    "Each time I find myself laying flat on my face,
    I just pick myself up and get back in the race"

17. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    yeah Dartha....check yer Chicago Voice-mail.

18. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    It was a ton of fun. Sorry for anyone who missed it. Just wish we could have done more songs. They DJ started way-late, so we each only got to do one song each. Last time we each did like 3.
    Good to see the big turnout we had.

19. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    Sorry I missed the party, as always. (Had some family issues).

20. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    damn! i lost my cell a week ago...i'll prolly never hear the brilliance of the awfulness of "9 to 5" a la CF.

and i saw a piece on TV about a new ritalin patch they've developed...if we're passing the hat, i'm good for it.

21. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    I may as well throw myself to the wolves now. While I was taping the video of all the hilarity, a small technical glitch arose.

I didn't notice it until I was ripping the video onto my hard drive. As the attendees know, I had to use "night vision" mode since it was so dark in there. That annoying old guy with the other camcorder would shine his spotlight around, but not very often and not at the people I wanted to record. Everyone turned out green, but at least you can see, and see well. Only one problem.

No audio.

Evidently the (used) microphone that I bought worked long enough for me to test it and verify that it worked, then it stopped. If you turn the volume up to the point that the amplifier hum is too loud, you can almost make out what they're singing. No, strike that, the only one that is barely, barely audible is the chorus of "That's Life", and only because LePeng was really belting that one out.

I know, I've let the group down again. I toyed with the idea of finding the "recording artist" version of the song and playing that for a background, but it kind of takes away the fun of it.

I will be going to Best Buy and getting a brand-new mic that I will stringently test before, during, and after.

22. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    You officially suck.

Off the record, our collective audio assault being lost in the oceans of time isn't a big loss. Goofy tales of drunkenness and/or embarrasment are always better told than witnessed (example: the brilliant novel "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" vs the earnest but unremarkable film version.)

-Le Penguin
    "Diaper! Diaper! Diaper!"

23. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    PICS?!?!

24. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I had a blast Saturday. Pics were taken, and I will get to Haz soon.

25. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yes Carrie, especially that do-not-show-to-my-mother picture of me. :D

And Haz: sorry to hear about that. :-\ Are you sure it's just the mic? Maybe it wasn't completely plugged in correctly or something. It's too bad that happened. Well, hopefully the new mic you buy will work fine. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.