main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Krash's Bowling charity - need help

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Krash, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Sean_Starrider
    In my constant efforts to "do some good"...I'm participating in Bowl For Kid's Sake 2003 bowling for Big Brothers, Big Sisters here in Cleveland (both personal and as a representative of my FanForce) Now, all I need to do is try and raise $100 for the April 27th event...that's where I need everyone's help!!!

Would anyone (or Fanforce chapters) be interested in helping sponser me for this event?

I happen to be on my cousin Bob's team (with guys from NASA Lewis/Glenn in Cleveland) called "Rocket Guys Who Bowl". (seemed ironic given MY affiliation)

Here's the link to that website:
    Bowling For Kids' Sake 2003

I've already asked Sean_Starrider for permission to contact you, and Bobafemme says I can use it as an artical for FF news as an example of Fanforce charity work.

The website asks for a minimum donation of $10 (but you can request an invoice for smaller donations). I figure any small donation from a bunch of people (and I've had the pleasure of meeting alot of good people here on TFN) could go a long way!

"you say the biggest problem in the universe is that nobody helps each other" - Anakin Skywalker (TPM)

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I just got an e-mail, that the article I wrote concerning my participation in Bowl For Kids Sake 2003 has been posted on...Fanforce News

Thanks to everyone who made donations, from all across the country, I think I enjoyed gathering support for this good cause more then the actual bowling (however, that was a fun time).

3. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I'm glad to hear all went well for your cause Krash. That's great news. :)

4. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    Yeah, great to hear you had fun,Krash! And also wonderful to hear that you raised enough funds to be sponsored! Congratulations!
    Maybe our FanForce could try something like that some time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.