main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kreia...Love her or hate her....

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by MasterSkywalker73, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Is it wrong for me to say I actually applauded Sion when he beat the living hell out of her?

I wish the game had Bounty Hunter style comedic outtakes, but where every KOTOR II character plus Revan and Bastilla, get to smack Kreia around like Sion did.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I almost returned the game when I saw the Bastila-figure in this game was a misguided old crone. Fortunately, with the modder's ability to play with a Revan (male) and Bastila (female) complete with voices, I tolerated it.

3. jediknightruthie

jediknightruthie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Too bad they don't have mods for x-box.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    They do, actually. It's a computer, remember?

It's just not a good idea, because you'll void your warranty and won't be able to play on Live. It's legal, but not a smart move.

5. jediknightruthie

jediknightruthie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I don't have x-box live. Parents too cheap to buy it for me.

Did you hear about how much the next x-boxes are? They're 600$.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Kreia hated the Force, and planned to use the Exile's wound to detsroy it....making him stronger and his wound deeper, and then planning to kill herself to send a wound into his huge wound, and make it redouble at Malachor, and tear the Force apart....

Thats how I understood it, anyway.

Though a cut scene from the game implies it may not have worked as well, as force bonds between Master and Appy are pointed out to have broken when one of the two goes dark, so that explains why, when we killed Traya, that all existence didn't go *blink*

She is a better character than Vergere simply because Traya has closure. Vergere is still layered in alot of mystery to this very day, and hopefully LOTF or DN help.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Saying she's better than Vergere because she has closure is a bit like saying coal is more edible than raw sewage since it won't give you diseases. :p

8. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    LOL!! [face_laugh]

9. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    She's fooled herself into thinking that because something makes sense to her, it ought to be reality.

o_O She had many good points on the nature of light and dark and helping others. Unfortunatly SW writers don't seem to know what do with a neutral character. :( Except Jolee. He was the neutral character that was done well.

10. JANGOANTILLES

JANGOANTILLES Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    I thought she was a great villian. I'm surprised she's not more liked. Sort of a female Palpatine but there was depth there because for every evil thing she said she also made a valid point.

Fav line: "Died? No. Grew stronger? YES!"

11. MasterSkywalker73

MasterSkywalker73 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2004
    I personally loved her dialogue the most in the cutscene when she and the exile return to the rebuilt enclave and appear before the other jedi. I thought it was the most pivotal moment in the game. Very powerful dialogue. Anyone have a script? :D

12. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I agree Jolee Bindo was done very well for a neutral character and he always did the right thing when it was needed to be done.

13. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Don't let Jolee fool you. It was part of his eccentric act.

Just go and do something utterly evil in his presence, and his moral affiliation shines through.

14. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Don't let Jolee fool you. It was part of his eccentric act.

Just go and do something utterly evil in his presence, and his moral affiliation shines through.

I meant more of his lack of affiliation with either light or dark side of the Force than his moral code. Vergere and Kreia were nuts, Sekot is naive and Jacen is just a plain dumbass.

15. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I thought that Jolee did what he thought was right more for himself than others but at times his conscious gets the better of him.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    But Jolee was funny at least. I felt a slight pang of regret when I killed the old coot.

None whatsoever with Kreia/Traya (hey, it rhymes! Why didn't any of the characters notice this?)

Then again, Master Vandar didn't notice me strutting around in Revan's mask. :p

17. cleveland1000

cleveland1000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2004
    LOL yep thats Jacen, first he was a dumbass with bad jokes...now...he's just a dumbass

Yep same here...felt bad killing Jolee...felt VERY good killing Kreia...but it was a major pain...wow...how pathetic am I, to have troubles killing a defencless old woman... and where did you get Revan's mask!? (wild guess PC version right?)

18. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    This makes quite a bit of sense, actually; with the Force governing the universe, there seems to be a definite order to things. Asking questions to an 8-ball and actually relying on the answers is the exact opposite of that, but then, one must consider what constitutes order. A government or dictator can impose their own sense of what it should be, and then someone can come and overthrow them, implementing something completely different. That Kreia attempted to destroy the Force is a testament to her loyalty to the core teaching of the Sith, the axiom that might makes right.

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well said, Alpha - in some ways her taking Sith axioms that far implies a deeper loyalty than the other Sith we encountered.

I for one was sad I had to kill her. Everything she'd done made sense in the long term. The deaths of arrogant Jedi Masters, pretend Sith, a corrupted Jedi teacher, and then she revealed the true threat for us to see and fight.

She was enslaved by her fate - "There must always be a Darth Traya"

And I disagree that Vergere was nuts, if anything Traya was somewhat nuts, yes, but not Vergere.

And I have to admit to running away from Traya a few times. I beat her, and then she sprouts three sabers!! :eek: [face_worried]

20. cleveland1000

Mar 15, 2004
    don't worry, I ran with my tail between my legs too with the lightsabers ;-; But the worst part is, the first 2 times i played, I put it on easy! Now I understand, run, energy sheild, attack, run again, follow pattern

21. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Yeah, that's what I did. On my light side game, I told her I wouldn't kill her and then she made some sort of demon possession sound and sprouted three lightsabers and I was like HOLY COW! Why doesn't every Sith do this?

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Pft. Master Speed + Fury + Juyo = one dead Traya. :)

23. cleveland1000

Mar 15, 2004
    YAY TO DEAD TRAYA!...i mean after all...she did deserve it...better yet she asked for it...

24. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    The first time i played it i couldn't stand her i wanted to kill her at the start but dammit i need her.:mad:

25. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    red...
    "I told her I wouldn't kill her and then she made some sort of demon possession sound and sprouted three lightsabers and I was like HOLY COW! Why doesn't every Sith do this?"

Don't ask where they have to carry around the extra lightsabers. Even most find it rather uncomfortable. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.