main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kreia...Love her or hate her....

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by MasterSkywalker73, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Genghis! :eek:

As for Kreia... I am considering making a mod where one can kill her right at the start. The problem is that it would break most of the rest of the game. :p

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Wow, this woman is hated and loved as much as Vergere...

Curious.

3. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Yep they both sprout unwanted philosophy that doesn't really help you in the first place it just pulls you in to their little web[face_mischief]

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Pish, you can never stop learning point of views.

And her point of view answers more questions than some, at least in my opinion.

And for all Vergere's webness - she killed herself to save Jacen. Everyone forgets that.

And for all Traya's webness - she sent the Exile off to fight the True Sith Empire in the Unknown Regions, and died for the Exile.

As webs go, if you self-sacrifice yourself and save trillions, they weren't the most evil. Perhaps?

5. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I couldn't stand them both but with Kreia i needed answers.

6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And she gave answers too, when you deserved them. Well, if.

Vergere made you work for them, and work like hell. Understanding "Everything I tell you is a Lie" took a good chunk of Traitor.

7. Darklord07

Darklord07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    What is this magnificent place?

8. kotorkid007

kotorkid007 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    i hate kreia and enjoy being evil and pushing her into the malachor 5 core

9. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Kreia made me judge my morals... When youre in the tomb and you 'find out' shes a sith lord and have to choose her or your friends, I chose my friends, partly because I wanted to kill kreia, or at least I wanted my character to realize she's sith. I was so sure that I was doing the right thing, but then when it was all over i got DS points... I still don't understand why Kreia was who I should have sided with...

10. Nktalloth

Nktalloth Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    For the above, you get DSP because you were willing to slaughter Kreia with the help of your friends. You have to tread carefully...

I rather like Kreia. She is the only "true nuetral" character I have seen in a game that I can remember. When you kill someone in front of her, she doesn't really care that you killed them, she is frustrated by your relying on brute strength to make your way through life. She is the only attempt at neutral apart from Jolee that I have encountered in a SW game, and she actually made sense. Her philosophies were profound, and moving. She taught much to the character (I actually guessed most of her ideals a while ago), and when the time came, when the character killed her, I never felt more sad about an enemies death, except for Dagoth Ur. Her answers came out one by one, at faster speed then you might expect, but you had to think to figure them out.

Best exchange ever:
    Exile: I shall treat you as disposible then.
    Kreia: Then you are learning.

11. ticopuma

ticopuma Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 2, 2005
    I love kreia

she has so much wisdom and all of it makes sense

my fav quote from her is:

"Take the greatest jedi, strip away the force, and what is left?"

I just found that quote so amazing and true!

12. General_Veers05

General_Veers05 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 16, 2005
    kreia...reminds me of marmite! Love it or hate it!! Personally I don't mind. However, in the game KOTOR2 its hard to gain influenece on her. surprisingly she is very logical full of random comments...It's great teasing her!!:p

13. General_Veers05

Dec 16, 2005
    Yep, as I have said before, i don't mind her, but would rather start an argument with her rather tha be "nice" to her and bend to her will.

14. Emporer_Poggle

Emporer_Poggle Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2005
    Kreia, I HATE HER! The most manipulative woman around. She's so annoying with stupid morales and she's a traitor also my favourite line when talking to Kreia in Kotor 2 is at the end (playing through as evil, of course)the line is "Let's see if this planet will accept your body old woman" or at least something like that.[face_laugh]

15. General_Veers05

Dec 16, 2005
    Hahahahahah...heartless!! (tear of laughter)[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] !!!!!!!! My god... Kreia's drak theme! She get's beaten up! Classic!!

16. Emporer_Poggle

Dec 19, 2005
    Ha, I still hate her GV!

17. General_Veers05

Dec 16, 2005
    Same bloody lines stupid!!!

18. FloppyMaN

FloppyMaN Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2005
    I didn't like her too much. She was an alright character but it was so hard to get any type of information out of her. And she was too much for my puny male 18 yr old mind

19. Emporer_Poggle

Dec 19, 2005
    You find her too much? Well just throw a few insults and threats at her. You're the master not her, remember![face_idea]

20. TC-47

TC-47 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2005
    I am not too keen on her; but you two take it to extremes...

21. General_Veers05

Dec 16, 2005
    Me and EP hate her, she's even more evil than the character you play as when he/she is pure evil! Of course, I played the game as a "goodie" and boy was I rewarded...;)

22. JIBERS

JIBERS Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2006
    She is joke in lightsaber skills when compared 2 the likes of darth vader (pre and post life support) AND sidious and yoda...

23. DurronFan

DurronFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Well it would be nice if there was Sith or Jedi Master who could hold his/her own without a lightsaber against the likes who do have lightsabers. A powerful Sith/Jedi shouldn't be considered "naked" without a lightsaber. I always had Kreia possess a lightsaber, that is once I had some. But in her feats I focused on making her conditioning and dueling high, so that she could just defend herself and then use her force powers solely for the attacking. Wouldn't anybody want to see two jedi fight against eachother to the death not using any weapons?

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Because your friends were being needlessly aggresive.

I sided with her, simply because they were unwilling to negotiate.

Well, if somebody can hate Kreia, I can love her, too

:p

DurronFan, that would be pretty cool. Though we did see some of that between Obi-Wan and Jango, somewhat.

25. Shrimpus

Shrimpus Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2006
    I very much like the character. Anything to break the monotony of Judeo Christian Morality and the irritation that comes along with it. The only issue I had was that there was no real reward for toeing the line of good and evil. The full LS/DS bonuses were always too tempting. That beign said, the fact that Kreia could slingshot a negative influence to a positive one over killing was nice, the fact that she could "talk it over" with the good two shoes and they would get it.

Interestingly enough, there is several sound files in the game that indicate that Atris could have been darth traya for far longer, up until late malachor in fact.

When KOTOR 3 comes out I hope to heck they offer a character as interesting and as complex as Kreia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.