main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kreia: Not so bad if you think about it.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Nihillius, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nihillius

Nihillius Jedi Knight

Dec 18, 2005
    You know i've played KOTOR and KOTOR II countless times, and each time i do play KOTOR II i can't help but think that Kreia is not the kind of villian that Sith Lords (or in her casy Lady) are usually associated with. Think about it.

First look at her teachings:

She teaches that both extremes are bad, and one should not be reliant on the force as the Jedi and the Sith are. She basically, through the exile proved that one does not need the force to live.

Her ultimate goal was to destroy the force (this is where i think the Villany argument might come in), but she distrusted it, and saw it as manipulative. Since she proved one can live without it, and it was more trouble than its worth she was doing the galaxy a favour, she wanted to stop the needless killing peroptrated by the force that was trying to achieve its balance. And she did it not for herself, but for everyone (she was willing to sacrifice power, not a Sithly trait).

So can we really call her a villain?

2. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah.

She does try to kill you.

Thats pretty villainous.

3. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I guess you could see her in the grey area of the argument. Sort of like Jango was just doing his job style. from a different point of view i guess anybody can be good.

4. Nihillius

Nihillius Jedi Knight

Dec 18, 2005
    She attacks the Exile but I don't think she wants to kill him/her, because they're too important to her plan, and she basically loves the exile like a mother loves a child from the conversation options at the end.

5. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    she does manipulate you though.

6. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    Kreia = manipulative old *****.

NP edit: You need to star the words out completely.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Kreia = Misunderstood.

Here she is, wandering beside you, inserting comments and teachings.

Relationships between strength and power, how to truly help people.

Then, she decides to destroy the galaxy. Yes? Not really.

The Force Bond with the Exile was the way Kreia would wipe out the galaxy. But, the moment she started act as Darth Traya, the bond died.

Zak-El-etc (The moustached Jedi Master) said the bond would fade if their relationship changed dramatically, as in, from Master and Apprentice, to Enemies.

So, the Force Bond was a bluff. Kreia had no intentions of murdering the galaxy - she simply followed a mantra, which was probably very close to what she believed - maltheism (The Force is evil and deserves to die) - but the whole point was to provide the Exile with a vast, galaxy killing foe. To provide his catharsis, to make sure the Exile was stronge enough to enter the Unknown Regions and duel at the 'end of things'.

Kreia loved the Exile. But somebody had to be Darth Traya, so she did.

EDIT

And she did force the Exile to destroy Malachor's Sith, Atris's corrupted teachings, and an arrogant Jedi Council. She's a hero, especially for the last

8. Nihillius

Nihillius Jedi Knight

Dec 18, 2005
    Kreia = my favourite Gray Jedi, she's not Sith, and she's certainly not a lightsider, she's like a more crochety Jolee IMO.

9. DurronFan

DurronFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Calling Kreia a villain seems a bit...harsh. Good or evil, she's definitely one of the more interesting characters in SW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.