main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Krewe of EU

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Thrawn1786, Feb 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Since it is Carnival time, and the first full weekend of parades starts Friday in New Orleans, to celebrate Mardi Gras I thought we in the EU Community could form a krewe and have a parade or something. I need people who are willing to fill these positions:

The Royal Court:
    King(or Emperor, whichever you prefer)
    Queen(or Empress)
    Lieutenants(about 4-5, to accompany the captain, aka me, since I thought this up)
    Maids(usually 5 of 'em)
    Various Floatriders-you in this position have all the fun, since you get to throw beads, cups, doubloons, stuffed animals, food, useless items, at people and they can't throw it back(hee hee [silly_face]

Also, help me think up a theme for this! It should be EU related(obviously), but nothing too wild.
    If nobody wants to do this, well just ignore me and Happy Mardi Gras to all anyway!

Well, everyone clean up the trash, because party time's over. You can still party on, but you can't partyhere!
    HAPPY
    MARDI
    GRAS

2. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Looks to me like you're trying to start a club for no other reason than to assign ranks to yourself and others who jump aboard first.

But that's just me.

Viva le mardi gras!

:D

Edit: Stuff it...I nominate myself Grand High Imperial (Most Serene) Emprical Dictatorial Master Leige DarthAttorney.

3. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    How about you be the Empress to my Emporer DA? Fits better with the historics of this forum.

And other reasons to. ;)

4. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Sorry boss, you're one post too late.

It is none other than I who is, in fact, the Grand High Imperial (Most Serene) Emprical Dictatorial Master Leige DarthAttorney!

When ex-mods get together, no good can come.
    Only death and disease and destrcution and famine and chaos and crocheting and pizza-base spinning followed by yet more destruction.

In short: find your own title, Mrs.Grand High Imperial (Most Serene) Emprical Dictatorial Master Leige DarthAttorney.

:D

5. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    Yo DA!

I am the ultimate one woman military (need sleeeep)

6. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    An EUC Mardi Gras eh? I got beads.

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Those titles are kind of in the spirit, but Mardi Gras titles outside of the traditional ones tend to be a bit more witty, often poking fun at the high mucky-mucks.

I'm actually surprised that no one's really done any Star Wars floats for Mardi Gras.

A Rancor would be a great stand in for Bacchus Kong and a ronto could be a great Bacchasaurus.

Lando Calrissian could be the Grand Marshall of Orpheus.

Mardi Gras day is quickly approaching. And you know what that means. The street-sweeping krewe comes in and hoses down anyone who's still trying to party.

8. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Wow, someone who actually knows about MG.......scary.
    Just got back from first weekend in New Orleans. Two of nine parades I saw were good. Hey Genghis, did you go? That would be fun to have Lando as GM of Orpheus. Maybe he wouldn't cancel like Aerosmith did last year. I like the idea of a rancor for the kongs.... a whole family of rancors to throw beads at(though I'd rather hit some bothans, ex.-Fey'lya).
    So far we have:
    Captain-Moi
    Emperor-Dingo
    Empress-DarthAttorney
    Hey Mistryl, C-3PX, Genghis12, what about you guys?(And Genghis, if you want to, you could be something like Mr. Big Stuff or Witch Doctor ala Zulu :D

Anyone going 2nd weekend to NO? I'm tossing around the idea of going....seeing Hermes, De'Tat, Tucks, Iris, maybe Endymion, Thoth, Okeanos.....who knows?

9. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Thrawn1786...
    "Wow, someone who actually knows about MG.......scary."

Not too scary. There's a few of us expert bead-handlers running about.

"Just got back from first weekend in New Orleans. Two of nine parades I saw were good. Hey Genghis, did you go?"

Oh, let's just say I've been to a few parades in my time. ;)

"Anyone going 2nd weekend to NO? I'm tossing around the idea of going....seeing Hermes, De'Tat, Tucks, Iris, maybe Endymion, Thoth, Okeanos.....who knows?"

That Saturday's the day to go - Tucks, Iris, Endymion. A long day if you can hold out.

I think if ever there was a good match for Mardi Gras and SW, it'd be the Zeltrons. You just know the Zeltrons would be in charge of it all.

10. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    this sounds fun. count me in.

wolf

11. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    I'll go for one of the Lieutenant positions

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Mardi Gras!

looks back to the years of attending Mardi Gras in Alabama, becomes homesick again

:_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.