main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kuat?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by VadersMistress, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Hey all, I need some help on the description of Kuat. I am writing a story in which Padme and Anakin go there, but I forgot how it looks! If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    VM

2. Mjsullivan

Mjsullivan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2003
    I dont know if this will help much, but here's the entry from the Unofficial encyclopedia. There isnt much on description unfortunately, but it might help to piece together a picture!

Kuat

this planet was of prime importance to the New Order, for the Kuat Drive Yards shipyards there were among the first to mass-produce warships for the Empire. It was originally settled more than 25,000 years before the Battle of Yavin, by a group of merchant families who hoped to form the most influential ship-building operation in the galaxy. They terraformed the planet and developed it into a temperate world which was devoid of predators, then began creating vast orbital shipyards. In spite of opposition from the trade consortiums of the age, the family managed to create the Kuat Drive Yards. The relationship between Kuat and the Empire was formed during the early days of the New Order, and blossomed when the Kuat Drive Yards were made into the primary facility for the construction of Star Destroyers. A forested world of pastoral beauty, Kuat was one of four planets located in the Kuat Sector, located in the most densely-populated area of the galaxy. The planet was orbited by three immense space stations, built by the Empire to manage traffic in and out of the system. The Kuat Passenger Port was dedicated to civilian and tourist traffic. The Kuat Freight Port was dedicated to the transport of goods to and from Kuat. The third station was strictly for use by the Imperial military,and controlled all access to the surface of Kuat. During the Clone Wars, the proximity of Kuat to Neimoidia - separated by less than six parsecs - put the two worlds into direct competition. Kuati officials tried to infiltrate Neimoidian facilities by sending in modified worker droids with concealed spyware, but Neimoidian paranoia had placed safeguards around their all their technologies. (SWSB, XWN, MA, PSPG, EGP, SWI68, CCW)

3. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Thanks! This helped me a lot.

4. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    This may overlap some info, but here's the entry in The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons:

System: Kuat system
    Terrain: Woods, gardens
    SpeciesL Humans
    Language: Basic
    Points of Interest: Kuat Drive Yards, Kuat city, Gardens of Tralala

You've just been hired as a laser welder at the sprawling Kuat Drive Yards. Your first job? assemble massive Imperial Star Destroyers with diligens and pride. Your second? Don't get lost.
    It's no easy task. The endless stardocks encircle the system like a metallic corona, dwarfing the small green planet that lies near the beautiful center. Billions of beings are employed in the space surrounding Kuat, but almost none of them ever set foot on the terraformed world itself, with its manicured gardens and docile animals. Instead, three colossal space stations (one for passengers, one for commercial frieght, and one for the Imperial military) handle all the arrivals and departures and keep out any unwanted visitors.
    Kuat Drive Yard, commonly known as KDY, was the primary producer of the EMpire's fearsome Imperial- and Super-class Star Destroyers. Although the respectable Fondor yards won the contract to build Darth Vader's Executor, Kuat execs made sure that all future Super Star Destroyers had their logo on the hull plating, in fact, a duplicate Executor was built at Kuat but was soon rechristened Lusankya and interred on Coruscant to serve as Emperor Palpatine's secret getaway vehicle.
    During his reign Palpatine oversaw the largest military buildup in galactic history, making the great Kuat merchant houses astonishingly wealthy and notoriously insular. Often composed of a single extended aristocratic family, each house long ago devised a system to prevent the unfortunate political alliances that sometimes spring from an ill-advised marriage.
    When a Kuat house patriarch desires an heir, he purchases a telbun- a young male of the middle classes who has been raised from birth as a breeder. Telbuns are trained to excel in athletics, culture, mental acuity, and good looks. If they are selected, their families are handsomely compensated.
    After a telbun sires his mistress's child, he remains with the noble family as a tutor and guardian but is never considered a blood relation. On the contrary, telbuns are ordinarily treated as chattel, swathed in heavy robes, and forced to obey their pampared mistresses's every whim.

You probably don't need this if you're doing a story with Anakin and Padme but I'll post it since others might look at this infor for Kuat in other time periods. These lists come from The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels:

Kuat Drive Yards
    - A-9 Vigilance
    - Eclipse Star Destroyer
    - Executer (Super Star Destroyer, see above entry)
    - Imperial star Destroyer
    - Juggernaut (HAVw A% Juggernaut)
    - Lancer Frigate
    - Rebel Cruiser (Nebulon-B Frigate)
    Kuat Drive Yards (KDY) ranks with Corellian Engineering Corp. and Sienar Fleet Systems as one of the "top three" starship manufacturers in the Empire. The company's designs include the Imperial Star Destroyer and the Super Star Destroyer, the two starships most indicative of the Empire's incredible military might. Even with the rise of the New Republic, Kuat remains allied with many Imperial factions, producing the Eclipse Star Destroyer and the A-9 Vigilance starfighter.

Kuat Systems Engineering
    - CloakShape Fighter
    - Slave I (Firespray-Class Patrol and Attack Ship
    Kuat Systems Engineering was a short-lived subsidiary of Kuat Drive Yards (KDY) during the waning days of the Old Republic. Despite several critically successful designs, including the CloakShape fighter and the Firespray patrol and attack ship, the company's lack of commercial success led to its being reorganized back under the KDY banner and dedicated to after-market upgrade kits. Shortly before the death of the Emperor at Endor, Kuat Systems Engineering was sold to a group of investors thought to be Imperial loyalists. Only years later was it revealed that the buye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.