main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Kudar's art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by KudarMubat15, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KudarMubat15

KudarMubat15 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2005
    Well, I have decided to start doing some cool art stuff by coloring my drawings in CS2.

Here is my absolute first work by doing this. I have had no prior experience in cell shading, so I am pretty new to this:
    Greedo

(I drew everything on it except the his right hand. [the one with the gun]. No matter how hard I tried, I could not draw that hand. So I ended up vectoring a photograph of my Greedo toy's hand for it.)

Critics are appreciated!

2. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    Looking fun and cool!... You should do more, and perhaps give poor Greedo his legs lol

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great to see you start up your own thread, Kudar! :)

First and foremost - I love your style. Very stylized and it has that neat cartoony feel to it. The coloring looks good to me. I'm not too experienced in this stuff myself but in this case, I think the simple approach works. You have the flat colors and the little bit of shading where needed. I think it really looks good! Nice job! :)

4. alienyouthct

alienyouthct Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Kinda odd looking, but in a cute way. Like Invader Zim or Spongebob Squarepants. I like it. :)

5. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Nifty style you've got there! Hands can be hard, especially ones with different features than the human hand. If you're having troubles, draw a fingerless mitten, then cut up the mitt shape to make fingers. It's easier to pose it as a mitten shape than to just draw the hand from nothing. Keep up the good work!

6. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    I love it! :D Yup, hands can be a pain (I belive the old artist's motto is "heads, hands, feet" when it comes to difficulty in drawing things). A mirror always helps, or one of those artist's hand mannequins. I've been meaning to get one of those myself.

Greedo looks great, and the coloring is spot on!

7. Lady_Skotti

Lady_Skotti Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2006
    Very cute, I love the style you're using, though I agree with everyone else, poor Greedo needs some legs ^^

8. Moy

Moy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2005
    This is so cute :] I love your style!

9. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello Kudar, and I really like your Greedo! And as to "giving him his legs"--stylistic choices are what art is all about--and this, for me, works just fine: a sort of "upper-body" sort of portrait. And I'll jump on board with the lament about "hands and feet," lol! They can be a real pain! Basement24 has a great suggestion about the "mitten rough-out" to start with though--it can sometimes be a real help! This is a wonderful piece just as it is, though--very cool style and wonderful, vibrant colors--well done!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.