main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

kun vs maul , who would win?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sithlordexar888, Oct 13, 2001.

?

kun vs maul , who would win?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Exar Kun

52.6%
  2. Darth Maul

10.5%
  3. Vader comes in and kills the lot of em

33.3%
  4. *head explodes*

3.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithlordexar888

sithlordexar888 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2001
  2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Kun would beat Maul, Vader would beat either of them.

3. sithlordexar888

sithlordexar888 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2001
    k, but vader is old.

-----signature-----

Sith Lord

"at last we shall reveal ourselves to the jedi , at last we shall have revenge"

"fear attracts the fearful , the strong, the weak , fear is my ally"

4. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    Kun of course. Maul was just an apprentice but Kun was DARK LORD OF THE SITH!

5. EnforcerSG

EnforcerSG Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2001
    Yeah, but didn't kun die twice (or at least in a few way a few times, on the sith ruins planet, on Yaven 4 [getting traped] and finally his spirit was killed?)? Maul atleast only died once.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, if you count the SW Tales battle between Maul and Vader, then Maul DID die twice also[face_batting]

But then that was just infinities, but still...gotta count for something[face_batting]

7. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Who's Exar Kun? Isn't that some kind of Chinese food? :p

8. Cowboy_Jedi

Cowboy_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2001
    Who's Exar Kun? Isn't that some kind of Chinese food?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

~Cowboy

9. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    LOL!!!

Exar Kun would beat Maul. But Vader would beat Kun.

10. Cowboy_Jedi

Cowboy_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2001
    Exar Kun would beat Maul. But Vader would beat Kun.

Agreed.

~Cowboy

11. Galleon

Galleon Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    Kun would school Maul, and Vader would would take them both out but stop do to personal qualms.

12. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    Personally, I don't think Maul or Vader are fond of Chinese food, they just don't look the type. So I think they'd just avoid this Chop Exar Kun.

13. Galleon

Galleon Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    Oh come on everyone loves Wong Ton soup, I think Maul has a little sweat and sour on his chin. :D

14. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    Or maybe it's Teri-exar :D

15. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    Personally I think Exar Kun could beat Vader.

He just seemed that much more powerful, this is from the JAT and the Essential Chronology, but Vader never used any power like Kun's pure Dside energy in JAT against luke. (and corran in I Jedi)

Also, I really haven't seen what Vader can do against other Jedi (masters) hopefully I will in Ep. III.

Until then, using only what we know, I'm gonna have to go with Kun being the strongest of the three.

16. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Exar Kun would win. Kun was a innovator of the double bladed lightsaber, and he knew deadly Sith magic. Darth Maul was good, but not good enough. He wouldn't be on Exar Kun's level.

As far as Vader goes, he would defeat Darth Maul, but seeing Vader vs. Kun would be interesting.

17. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Kun would beat maul, but the fight would be very interesting. Vader, of course, can take either of them down.

18. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Maul was a nothing. Exar Kun would easily beat him. As for Vader vs. Kun, tough to say. Kun has the advantage of having a Sith Amulet, which makes him even more powerful than he already is. So we'd have to give one to Vader as well to even the odds out. It would then be a question of luck. Kun is highly skilled with both a single-bladed and double-bladed lightsaber, being one of the top sowrdsmen of his day. Vader is doubtlessly one of the top of his day. Vader is a calculating fighter, Kun is cunning. Difficult to decide.

19. Hamster_Jedi

Hamster_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2001
    I'd just like to say, That Kun's my favorite badass... nothing to back that up... I just read the books, and all I hear is "oooo... badass..."

20. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    By books, do you mean just the Jedi Academy Trilogy and I, Jedi, or do you include the ToTJ series?

21. Jedi_Night

Jedi_Night Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2001
    Kun would win. No doubts there.

But I don't know how you could say Maul was nothing. It's made pretty obvious in Shadow Hunter that he is clearly a superior swordsman to anything that the Jedi have to offer, as he beats their top exponent convincingly. He also only lost to Obi-Wan because of his own arrogance - nothing else. And from what I read in the tales #9 thread, he lost to Vader because of the same reason.

22. _admiral_kettch_

_admiral_kettch_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    Doesn't matter how good Maul's sabre skills are. Kun far outmatches him in force power. That one goes to Kun.

As for Vader vs, Kun, I don't really know. Vader loses to Obi-wan at the end of the prequels, and then he's seriously injured for the rest of his life. So even though he's supposedly the most powerful jedi ever, being born of midichlorians, he never reached his full potential. So, I'll just go with Kun cus he's the man.:D

23. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    Im going on a limb here and saying Maul. Reason: Pure determination.

Sure Kun might beat Vader, but we also have to remind ourselves that even though Vader was in the Darkside he did not totally surrender to it. There was still good in him. Maul and Kun have no good tendencies.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Kun would beat Maul as a result of his superior dark side power capabilities.

However, if one compares just their swordsmanship, I'd have to say Maul...why?

Kun invented the double bladed lightsaber. Maul had the advantage of mastering over 2,000 years of fighting and weapon techniques developed for that weapon. Maul knows the techniques developed by Kun (most likely) and much, much more.

Howevr, Kun's force powers would tip the scales in his favor tremendously.

25. phantasm66

phantasm66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2000
    i agree - kun would take them all out.

the emporer could beat vader and maul at any point just b/c hes a beast. you dont necessarily need a light saber to kick butt

so if you compare the 3 in their hey-day, exar kun would win - b/c he was unnaturally strong in the force as well as an awesome swordsman. if you compare them as we know them - kun a sith lord, vader in a breath mask and maul with the double-blade, kun would win again b/c of his immense dark side power

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.