main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kyle Katarn Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Horn, Nov 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VincentGrask

VincentGrask Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2003
    LOL

Hey. I started the second page. Where's my prize?

2. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    hmmm...kyle thread...big guns and a lot of ammo can be your prize.

3. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    and a clone of Jan Ors or Kyle whatever your preference.

4. data68

data68 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    Kyle's dad should make a cameo in ep 3. Anyone agree?

5. ACloneWhoIsDifferent

ACloneWhoIsDifferent Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2003
  6. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Morgan Katarn couldn't make a cameo in the movies. It wasn't until later that he discovered the Valley of the Jedi on Ruusan--way after the formation of the Empire. From everything I understand about Ep.3 it's gonna be when P-dawg declares himself Emperor. Anyway, Kyle does own all, and I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten like 200 pages already. I was pleased with him getting a mention in Destiny's Way, but it's just a mention. I'd like to see him shred some Vong. Better--they should make Jedi Knight 4 about the Yuuzhan Vong war.

7. DropkickJake

DropkickJake Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    ys, katarn kicks it hard.

but now we need a topic.

if no one else has one how about: Whst is your favorite level on JO, and do u play w/ cheats

8. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    My favorite level? I'd have to say Yavin Canyon/Courtyard. I don't have any one favorite level on any game. I only started using the cheats after I beat it, just to see what it was like.

9. DropkickJake

DropkickJake Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    i kinda like the first few levels myself, i liked the goin on mission for the NR thing

i use cheats, cuz its fun

10. QUI-GON_JEFF

QUI-GON_JEFF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    I dont remember them mentioning Kyle in Destiny's Way, is that in the Ebook.

11. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    I only used one cheat on JO, and that was "G_SaberRealisticCombat 9". Fun, fun, FUN!

And I would love to find a Kyle Katarn Fansite, is there one? I would love to read up about him, he seems really cool :D

12. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Coulda sworn they mentioned Kyle in Destiny's Way. Ah, well. Been a while since I read it. I have lots of other stuff to do. Love the realistic saber cheat. What I love even more is the blood mod for multiplayer. Greatness.

13. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I remember him being mentioned but, I'm not sure when because the whole NJO has merged in my mind. I think that he is one of the most skilled members of the NJO and it would be cool to see him fight. The only downside is what if they kill him...I'm also not sure he could be captured correctly.

14. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Where did everyone in this club go, for heaven's sake?

I mean come on, the last time someone posted was before Jedi Academy came out!

Anyone care to discuss?

Keep Kyle Kickin'!

15. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    we need Kyle in something other than video games. hell, I'd settle for a comic at this point.

What have I got in my pocket?

16. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Yeah. If I had my way, they'd do a novel series centered around him.

17. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Kyle's cool... I love JK, JO, and JA (which i've been playing a bit too much recently...)

It would be neat to see him in the books, but fully incorporating him into the rest of the EU is hard, since the games dont really fit into the timeline...

18. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Yes, they do. They're listed in the Official Chronology. DF's first level took place shortly before Yavin. The rest of it took place a few months after.

Jedi Knight took place a year after Endor, when Ysanne Isard was beginning her rise to power.

Mysteries of the Sith happens during the Dark Empire, Dark Empire 2 and Empire's End comic series, during which the Emperor comes back to wreak havoc. It is in this game that Kyle falls to the dark side and Mara Jade has to rescue him. THIS is what causes him to cast aside his lightsaber, NOT Jerec's defeat.

Jedi Outcast takes place at about the time of Darksaber. They record an invasion of the Academy at that time. They didn't give many details. This may be filling that in, or it may be a separate campaign altogether. Either way, all the Academy's students, including Streen, Kam, Tionne, Kyp, and the others fight to repel Desann's invasion.

Jedi Academy takes place 10 years after Endor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.