main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kyle Katarn fans sign in here!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Valiento, Sep 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    He is the Awsome jedi that has hardly ever been used. He is a jedi similar to corran, (ie, a jedi who trained himself or by as ghost like luke, but has a bit of Han solo's roguesishness to him), but he came first. He is a Master Possible as strong as Luke and kyp. He has saved the Gffa countless times from the sidelines, while the rest of the hero's get the glory.

Let's hear it for Kyle Katarn. discuss what you like about him here, or his adventures, friend or enemies. If you don't him like start of a Kyle Katarn fans hate club - don't post here.

Go, Kyle, We hardly new ye. Please show your Bearded mug in the NJO soon.

2. HellSpit

HellSpit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2000
    um i guess no fans oh well(hehehe)

3. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Count me in. Kyle ranks high on the cool-o-meter.

So there.

4. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I am a Kyle Katarn fan!

I wish he would have a cameo in NJO ;)

5. Pat Darksider

Pat Darksider Jedi Master star 4

Jun 11, 2000
    *signed*
    I want Kyle back or at least mentioned in the NJO!

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Oh Bearded One where art thou.

7. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    he hangs out in the JCC now and then

*looks foolish*

8. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I think he's cool. But how is this lit-related? Oh, right, the graphic novels.

9. Sith Bane

Sith Bane Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 14, 1999
    I agree!
    I'd really like to know what he's been up to. He singlehandedly destroyed 7 dark Jedi, doesn't that count for anything?

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    he singlehandedly got half the death star plan's, destroyed the Darktrooper project and the archammer, as you said he destroyed 1 dark jedi master, 6 dark jedi(avengeing his father's cruel death in the process), Freed the souls of ruuson from the effects of the dark force Thought bomb.

he is also known for being saved from himself by Mara Jade, and then joining the jedi praxeum, first enrollment, then later helped channel energy through dorsk 81, and lastly seems to have a one frame cameo in Leviathan.

Give us some more of the Merc Jedi, and his sidekick Jan Ors.

funny thing though is that people and technology first mentioned in his stories have showed up elsewhere.

Lord Jerec has gotten a cameo, Jabba's space ship has been used multiple times after Dark Forces, dark trooper's have gotten few more scenes in the comic's, and games. Possible a few more stuff have been used that first showed up in dark forces books and games, but i don't know.

11. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Right on, Valiento!

12. Waning Drill

Waning Drill Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 30, 1999
    I think Kyle may have had a small cameo in Union too; I'll have to check.

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Waning Drill let us know, Enquiring mind's want to know. Kyle Showing up at Luke and Mara's wedding that would be cool.

Dark forces stuff has also been sourced, in the eg to vehicles and vessels, jabba's space ship,
    eg to droids, Darktroopers and 8t88, and listed a little in Star Wars Encyclopedia.

14. Waning Drill

Waning Drill Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 30, 1999
    I think he was in the "Corellian barfight" scene, actually.

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    well, i will have to check that out when i get my copy, i'm waiting for tales 5 before i make my order.

16. Kapar_Dunaq

Kapar_Dunaq Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2000
    My official policy is that whenever any character of the SW universe appears 'in person', as in an actor is cast as the person, and he appears in moving frames, etc; then I consider that person to be a real part of the SW universe. As such, Mara Jade, Jerec, Jan Ors, Boc, Sarriss, Yun I consider to be legitimate parts of the SW Galaxy, on the same level as Luke Skywalker, Qui-Gon Jinn, and others.

Including Kyle Katarn

His accomplishments are incredible, going on the Dark Forces and Dark Forces 2 scenarios. Defeating the Dark Troopers, and then the 7 Dark Jedi in part two are amazing feats.

Hopefully, during the years inbetween Mysteries of the Sith and NEW JEDI ORDER, hopefully he has returned to the Valley of the Jedi and continued studying the force. If so, he would be a Jedi Master by now, a great asset to the Republic and the new Jedi order.

17. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    kapar, one question about your policy, does it include audio drama's where an actor has been cast but you can't see them, or games where an actor has been cast but only their voice is used, and animation or polygons make up their animation. or you only see their ships that there in, or hear their voices?

are those two examples above, make character part of "Your official Canon"? just curious.

As for kyle going back to the valley of the jedi on ruuson to train, why the heck for, it was a battle field not a jedi temple. jedi and sith both were trapped there by the thought bomb cast by the sith, and kyle freed their souls, therefore no reason to return.
    in fact at least between the years of MOTS and Jedi Acadamy: Leviathan we know he was at the acadamy training, improving on his already strong skills in the force.

18. Kapar_Dunaq

Kapar_Dunaq Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2000
    It is just my 'official' policy, but if the person/being appears 'for real' as in a real actor/prop of the thing, then I consider it to be a real character. I don't consider much of the computer animated stuff to be real yet, only those characters that have had actors cast to play them.

19. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Hasbro brought out a Kyle and Darktrooper figure, so he must be fairly important.

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    those figures were definitly cool. i think they should make 7 dark jedi action figures, 8t88 figure, morgan katarn figure, a rahn figure, a jan ors figure, General Rom Mohc figure and the coolest of the collection the Moldy Crow.

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Kyle UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. BrianMan

BrianMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2000
    Kyle Katarn is one of the coolest Jedi! Kyle should be a prominent figure in the NJO. Where are the cameos for Jerec and the dark troopers?

23. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    jerec was in one of the Galaxy of Fear books, haven't read it yet though.

Dark troopers are in tales's 4 "sand blasted".

last added note, in the dark empire II comics we learn of a second type of troops, with similar name, Darktrooper. (don't get the two confused people on this board will kill you if you do), stormtrooper elite, that are force attuned.

then in Star wars: rebellion you can build Dark troopers soldiers that are a combination of the Dark empire II's Darktroopers, and Dark forces Dark troopers, Force Attuned Storm trooper elite Darktroopers in phase 3 Dark Trooper armor.

my oppinion is that dark trooper phase 3 armor was developed for darktroopers, and only a few got out to them before the archammer was destroyed. then by Dark empire II their forced to use the ordinary Stormtrooper armor(slight diffrent color than white, if i remember right), since dark trooper armor is rare.

finally the last darktrooper cameo i can think of is in Mysteries of the sith, in one of the missions. in the mission you are sent after a holocron in someones collection. well in trophy room is 8t88's head(so we got a cameo of 8t88 in the game), and a dark trooper helmet(cool cameo).

of interesting note, that means that at the start and during the first few books of JA trilogy, Luke had holocron's from the chunthor on dathomir, Mara Jade's mission ot raid the collection, Palpitine's stolen holocron, and the stuff that Tionne had found on the Exis station(data discs), along with any other information she collected or remembered, Kyle could have brought along some knowledge from his studied from rahn's ghost, so luke was full of Jedi information to study, the first year of the academy.

24. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Kyle Katarn is the coolest Jedi ever! That guy could whoop Darth Maul with his hands tied behind his back (well maybe not).

I don't want the guy to get a cameo, I want him to get his own frickin' novel!

It would be cool, since they novelized the Jedi Knight game, if they'd make maybe a comic miniseries of him working with Mara which ends at the beginning of MotS

25. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    i think they should make a novel, of kyle that adapts the dark trooper project to novel form, it would essentialy begin where soldier of the empire left off up to the destruction of the arc hammer, and kyles acceptance of kalidor crescent(i think that's what he got, does anyone remember?). then they should adapt mysteries of the sith and give us, some insight on the unexplained information in the story.

finally like you said either a novel set between jedi knight up to Mots, or a new novel set in Njo times would be freaking cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.