main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kyle Katarn fans sign in here!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Valiento, Sep 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Another thought my brother just brought up.
    What about Luke's son being called... KYLE SKYWALKER?
    It is his destiny to become a great Jedi...

2. tooltre

tooltre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2000
    Katarn rules!!! Though his action figure kinda sucked. He was more of a man than luke, and dash rendar put together.

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Merry Christmas every one.

4. Graz73

Graz73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 1999
    Have a great new year everyone.

Hopefully with lots of Katarn action in it!

I'll read any Kyle stories you guys come up with... Don't count on getting them published though, even if they are great...

That contacting Allston idea might work. He seems like a cool guy... (Don't threaten him or anything!)

5. Grey1

Nov 21, 2000
    OK, it's another three hours here in Germany, but nevertheless...

Happy New Year!

Will 2001 bring the return of Kyle Katarn...?

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    1/2 hour to new year in my area. Happy new year to everyone.

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    happy new year!!!!!!!1

8. Grey1

Nov 21, 2000
    Oh, muy, muy, mesa loven yous! Bombad new year everyone!

OK, that's my post for the month January ;-) ...

9. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Kyle Katarn appears in Lawg Skrak's fanfic, NJO: Lawg Skrak: Endings. Go to the fan fiction section to see our favorite Jedi!

10. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Huh, I've lately made it a point to avoid the fanfic section, cause there's just so dang much of it to go through, but maybe I will check it out.

And hey, all, don't forget to visit my website- http://expage.com/darkforcesjediknightfanclub
    Sign in the guestbook, and check out the forums! :) <Waves hand> You WILL check out my website! ;)

11. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    (mindlessly) I will check your website. :)

12. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Guys, check out my Kyle website. I know I haven't update in a while, I hope to soon, but check out the results to the poll! I don't know what happened, but overnight the poll went from like 13 votes to near 80...

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    uhg, I don't like that pole it burns my eyes to see, our kyle katarn fan website, and everyone hates kyle katarn in the poll. I'm blinded take it away. The pain the pain.

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I also think I know the problem you can vote on the poll multiple times, I bet some kyle hater just voted over and over multiple times. we need a recount, :).

15. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    uhhh...check that poll again. Am I going insane or what?

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    yes, but look at the amount of vistors to amount of votes, people have flooded the ballot box so to speak. Do you have anyway of making a poll with ip vote blocking(one vote per ip)?

17. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    That's the thing -- I have it set up so only one person can vote per day or something, and ALL of those came in yesterday.

18. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    That's weird, about all your votes. I wish people would vote in my polls/questions! :(
    Anyway, really nice site- How did you get the cover from Soldier for the Empire posted on there? I am depressed, because w/ my slow internet server, I cannot use Geocities, or Homestead, or anything but dopey little Expage which you can't post images of any kind on! :(
    Sigh...

19. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    I have the secret ingredient...a scanner. Now if only I had the other secrent ingredients -- a high speed connection and time to work on the page + time to post here...arghh...It's a tough life.

20. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    hey y'all
    ive postee here once or twice, nothin major, but this thread caught my eye. Ima Kyle fan from way back, I thought he was an awesome chartacter. I was ticked off when they brought out the figures for him and Mara etc, cause they werent released here. Stupid Australia...

Mainly I hang at the Fanfilm boards, and it was there I became friends with Nathan Butler, one of the co-writers of a fanfilm called "Prelude to Hope". it told the story of 2 rebels getting a second set of Death Star plans, and Nathan and I wrote a way around what we saw as plot holes etc.

As a comic book artist I wanted to get in on the PTH hype, (go to the theatre, and EVERYONE knows what PTH is) and do my own PTH comic. Set before the events of PTH, it tells the story of young Lux Sem-ita and how he came to lose his family.

The comic was recieved well from the PTH staff, and soon we began talking sequal. My original idea was vetoed, biut in the end, Nathan and I strung together a plot featuring Serus (the dark Jedi from PTH) and none other than Kyle Katarn! Kylke in our stoey is in his 50s (its set during NJO) and is something of a smart ass in his old age. As a former smuggler/Merc type of guy, we gave hima somewhat cynical approach to life. He is in the "Kyp" school of thinking during NJO, wanting to take a more active appraoch. While he is Married to Jan in our story, we chose not to mention kids. he has combined his mercenary ast with his Jedi heritage by creating a lightsaber that has a blaster attached to it. Kinda hard to explain, but it looks pretty cool. He has a new ship called "The Rahn"
    When I get it done (and that may take time) I hope u all like it and mine and Nathans take on Kyle

21. Graz73

Graz73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 1999
    That Comic sounds cool. Have you posted your other PTH comic?

If you go ahead with this Kyle story please make it fit in with his other EU continuity...

(For instance, wouldn't Sariss be long dead?)
    Oh wait... you're talking about SERUS...

If you haven't seen it, check out my Dark Forces Timeline... I pieced together every official reference to Kyle's story that I could find...
    http://graziani.home.mindspring.com/Katarn.htm

22. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    UP!!!!!!!

23. Grey1

Nov 21, 2000
    Not having much time right now... working on a homework for physics (about lightsabers, no kidding) and playing two roles at theatre... just wanted to let you know I still exist...

24. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    glad to hear, ;)

25. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    I'd like to thank Zutty69 at the website Katarn Commandos, http://www.geocities.com/zutty69 for bringing the petition up to a solid 25 signatures so far. Remember, the more the better so let people know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.