main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kyle Katarn fans sign in here!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Valiento, Sep 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "except assuming the colorist messed up)?"

actually I think on mots the colorists did mess up. no where does it say that he built his own lightsabre, he could still be using yuns. The shade of orange is rather close to his yellow from Jk, so it's just a slight visual difference. as for the hilt, no way to tell if it's different because the polygons are 2 much the same.

If jk2 is truly made and it's a kyle story, we can see if he has a different sabre altoghether. Chances are that will be his built sabre.

If you believe that rule of thumb, like I do, then the yellow sabre in leviathan is just up his alley.

As for the clothing...

Well, Maybe unlike luke, and his 4 set's of clothing. Kyle likes to have a little bit of variety to his clothing. I mean I have a full wardrobe of various things, why not kyle?

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Yah, it's not a given that fictional characters must wear the same thing every day.

Wow, talk about new life in a tired topic...this is amazing!

3. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Different clothing: Maybe he is a relative of Amidala...?

I think the black clothes and the orange lightsaber were intended to make him look "very vaderish", as he was going dark in the game. The black clothes parallel Luke's preferred style.

The Mots people did not care that much about continuity, otherwise they would have given Mara a blue saber (Anakin's), or they would have left her out completely. The pink saber was there to make it look more female, if you ask me, for all the TombRaider fans who should have been attracted by this game. Blue would have been better by far.

4. Graz73

Graz73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 1999
    Its explained in the MotS documentation that Mara "recently" constructed her own lightsaber. That would be the purple one. It makes sense that she got the blue one from Luke but then went to train with Kyle where she must have decided that she should build her own. She built the purple one. She later is seen using the blue one in later books and stuff though, so what happened to her purple one needs explained...

The yellow/orange contrivercy with Kyle's saber has been blown out of proportion. I think it's supposed to be the same saber. The difference might be from the new color pallette used in MotS.

5. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "The pink saber was there to make it look more female, if you ask me, for all the TombRaider fans who should have been attracted by this game. Blue would have been better by far."

Pink......? What's wrong with your monitor? every game I played she has a purplish violet sabre. I also mention back to the fact she had one in the mara jade by the emperors hand also.

While the basic story line in the game masters of tera kasi is official, the bonus contestants are not... I mention the fact that mara had a purplish violet sabre in that also, and that would be about the same time as the prequel to the mara jade comic.

On my monitor the washed out color(everything in that comic is just a little lighter than it should be)in the comic is very similer to the purple in mots and teras kasi. So what was she doing with 3 sabres?

well, my theory, is that her original blew up some how, and she was given the one by luke so she used it instead. She recycles the purple jewel from her old sabre into the one that she made during her training with kyle. Then after seeing kyle go to the dark side and helping him escape from the spirits controle. she decided to put the purlple sabre away because it was connected in a way to the sabre that was given to her by palpatine which would link it too close to the darkside.

6. FarmboyKatarn

FarmboyKatarn Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    Sign me up!
    Is anybody else out there COMPLETELY obsessed with JK/MotS? I sure know I am!
    I can repeat from memory the JK audio book, with all the voices. I have a "bootleg" copy of the JK cutscenes on a VHS minitape, now I can watch JK on TV like a regular SW movie! I have memorized most of the JK TPB, basically: I LOVE JEDI KNIGHT!!!!

Not to make anybody mad, but I consider myself a master of JK.

Hey, go here and see my JK customs!:
    http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/susileib/479/hollis/index.html

I have a Morgan,Rahn,Kyle,8t88,and Grif Grawley being photographed, I'll have them uploaded soon.

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    farmboy love your customs, you may want to give bock sabres that are more acurate to his two colors to make it better though. can't wait to see the rest. two questions why a custom of kyle when a good official one is alread out? who is grif grawley?

fellow fans leave comments on this topic so that he can see why we like kyle and why we don't agree with his sentimate:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2053588&replies=1

He has flamed are intelligence.

8. Graz73

Oct 19, 1999
    Grif was a character in the DF novels who helped Kyle get to the Valley on Ruusan. He was a big freighter pilot who they got from a prison.

9. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Ok, he may have been in audio drama's also.

10. FarmboyKatarn

Feb 26, 2001
    Graz73,
    No, you're confusing Grif with Alfonso Obata. Grif was a farmer friend of Morgan's from Sulon who now lives on Ruusan. Obata was the pilot that they got out of the penal colony on Milagro.

Valiento,
    I didn't mean to flame anybody.

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    farmboy you didn't flame anyone I was refering to a different person, who has since asked for forgiveness, sorry about the confusion. Thanks for the correction on grif.

12. Graz73

Oct 19, 1999
    Alfonso was the pilot? Really? I've gotta go check that book again...

13. FarmboyKatarn

Feb 26, 2001
    Yep.
    Al was the mutinous freighter pilot, and Grif was the rebel farmer who drank Old Trusty.

14. Graz73

Oct 19, 1999
    I always wanted to see some in-game skins for those characters for add on levels to Jeid Knight... No one seemed interested in those characters though.

15. FarmboyKatarn

Feb 26, 2001
    that's the problem with skinners. the only skin I saw from a radio drama was general Mohc. if i ever learn how to, i'll do all the expanded characters.

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    General mohc was in dark forces 1, so he originally wasn't from the audio dramas.

17. FarmboyKatarn

Feb 26, 2001
    i remember him being in Soldier for the Empire when he and Jerec gave Kyle a medal. And there is a SftE drama.

18. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yes, he was in soldier for the empire audio drama, but was originally the ultimate villain of dark forces, who wears the phase 3 dark trooper suit, and kyle takes him out.

Soldier for the empire was just linking back to the dark forces story, think of it as an extended cameo.

19. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Just a side note: How could vader know that the Dark Trooper assault from the cimenatic went well. He says "most impressive"(I think, it's been a while), and he's not even near any sensors or anything to tell..

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    He was getting visual feedback from the darktrooper themselves, he was watching the broadcast hologram with general rom mohc.

21. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Oh, OK. Thanks Valiento.

22. Graz73

Oct 19, 1999
    I was the one who made that General Mohc skin. I also have a nice Moff Rebus skin. (Another character from Dark Forces)

All of those characters in the books deserve skins though.

23. Captain_Katarn

Captain_Katarn Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2001
    I used to play JK online all the time. It was great fun. There was this rpg lvl called 'barons hed at night' and it was, barons hed at night. U could use credits, banks, and move civilians, and use tuskens, and be different characters like mayor civ and assassin. There was this real cool laser rifle with a scope too. And it was still all star wars. I hardly ever play jk anymore though. one bad thing was that many ppl played it 'cause it was a good game, not because they loved star wars. Oh well...

24. FarmboyKatarn

Feb 26, 2001
    Hey everybody,
    Just curious, are any of you guys out there customizers? I'm making the JK characters as figures, and I need help on my WeeGee. I tried using a pingpong ball for his body, but it warped. Now I'm using a huge ball of scuplpy that weighs as much as Gorc. Any suggestions?

25. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    I'm a customizer, and I gotta say you did a pretty good job with ones you already posted, namely, Gorc and Pic. I'm working on finishing my Gorc and Pic, and I'll have all the Dark Jedi. Then I need to post them.

As far as your question, though, have you considered using part of an R2? I've toyed with the idea of a WeeGee custom myself, and a good start would be to round off an R2 body, and maybe use an Ep1 3PO arm for one of WeeGee's. Also, a nice effect I found was using the transparent stick from the Sith probe droid accessory kit to keep my Maw afloat. I only use POTF materials to keep a uniform look to any customs I make. Generally I stay away from Sculpty, it can end up looking like Plato.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.