main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kyle Katarn fans sign in here!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Valiento, Sep 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
  3. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    thanks, mastadge.

Delrey give us some kyle action.

4. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Switching from Kyle Katarn mode to Jedi Knight mode, what I would be interested in seeing is 1) Jerec's capacity under the emperor, and 2) his quest for the other dark Jedi.

What I gather (don't know if it's correct) is that when the Emp. was alive Jerec was kind of like Vader, in that he was a dark force user, but Palpatine didn't trust him much, and so he was just used for little missions where not too much was at risk.

When the Emperor died, Jerec searched the galaxy for other force-capables. His first recruit was Sariss, followed by five of the others, all of whom he trained to use the dark side and be fanatically loyal to him (although some weren't). But Sariss trained Yun herself, and wasn't as evil about it as Jerec, so he still had some light in him. Plus, they weren't great Jedi because Jerec had to do a rush job (1 year) in their training. The other possibility is that he was secretly recruiting them while still working for the Emperor.

Anyway, I was thinking, if Kyle hadn't been around, could the whole Sith thing have theoretically happened again? He'd have expanded his Dark Side Cabal, corrupting force users, and then eventually in power struggles they'd kill themselves out until only a few were left?

In that event I'd picture Sariss turning up as the leader with the one other maybe Maw.

BTW, we are now less than 5750 posts behind MJFCR!

5. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    i think jerec was a inquisitor. he had at least maw as a dark jedi because kyles' dad was killed while he was in the imperial academy and we know that maw killed his father.

6. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Interesting...I'd forgotten that. But somewhere I believe it's been said that Sariss wa the first of his DJ, and I don't think Palpy would be the type to let him have his own dark side subordinate.s

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    i don't think palpatine worried to much, you don't hear too much about a fallen jedi overthrowing a sith lord. dark jedi are wimps compared to the sith.

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    goen on up!!!!!!!!

9. Graz73

Graz73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 1999
    My chronology covers all of the official Jerec history that I could find.

http://graziani.home.mindspring.com/Katarn.htm

Your speculation about how he found and trained his "Dark Jedi" is about what I would think too, though that story has never been revealed.

Apparently, Jerec did have Maw working for him while the Emperor was alive, because when Maw put Morgan's head on a spike, that happened before ANH.

I think that you are also right to think that if Jerec had had his dark jedi gang around for too long, then they would have been a threat and would have fought among each other.

Some people think Jerec and his gang were Sith, but this isn't true... Jerec was probably a fallen jedi trainee, and the others were probably all untrained as jedi or sith, until he found them.

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    you are defininately right jerec was defininately not sith(even though his clothing and tattoo's almost seem sithlike). i sort of believe that jerec and what ever jedi was under his control during the imperial times belonged to the secret order(play tiefighter to see what i'm refering, too), a group of emperor's hand's and force capabable official's that sent members on secret missions for the darkside.

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    any one get the Guide to star wars universe third edition, read the stuff that may be related to kyle katarn?

please inform us.

12. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Nothing new...nothing even from Jedi Knight, only on the game Dark Forces...this new guide was a rip...it didn't even have indeces

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    i got it the guide, you are right about it not having much, too bad. slavicsek should have put more work into it. it seems as if he took the text right out of the sw encyclopedia. for any of you out their who can't afford the encyclopedia this may be the guide for you, it seems to have every topic from the SWE without all the pictures.

i respect kja and dan wallace for the work they did in the Essential chronology all the more for giving us new kyle material in the book.

slaviczek i don't think looked at all the sources, and he guess he wasn't allowed to make anything up.

14. BrianMan

BrianMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2000
    About Jerec's history, remember the Emperor liked to play his minions against one another. He'd place rival advisors in charge of each others' homeworlds, and make sure they worked alone, distrusting of each other, loyal to the Emperor. Maybe Jerec and his men were pitted against Vader, in case he became disloyal. 7 Dark Jedi versus Vader would be about right.

15. Graz73

Oct 19, 1999
    If you look closely, Jerec seems to be a fairly weak dark Jedi. Definately not as powerful as Vader. Otherwise, why would he be searching for things to make himself more powrful all the time? Getting a bunch of chumps to work for him. Searching for the valley, and in that kids book, trying to harness some strange life form...

I think there are supposed to be lots of "second rate" dark Jedi who work for the Empire. And he is one of those, like those Inquisitors...

16. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Any chance I could be honorary prez of this fan club of yours???

I love Kyle, the guy has charm and an edge at the same time, sorta like me ;-)

17. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    well, i'm the prez, since graz hasn't accepted the vice presidency you may have his place. if he has accepted it, you can be the club mascot, =)

18. Graz73

Oct 19, 1999
    I'll be the VP, sure. I don't have to pay any dues or anything do I?

19. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    nope it's all free, your only job is to keep the kyle katarn timeline updated,:), with any relevent information, and help answer question's if any one asks any.

welcome aboard.

oh, and kyle katarn, you are now the club mascot(or secretary of state,which ever you choose).

oh, the last rule all new club member's welcome and existing members glad to see you in here. the only rule is you must post in here at least once a month to keep your membership. =)

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    up!!!!!!!!

21. XXdanneXX

XXdanneXX Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2000
    Can somebody please put up scans of the Kyle katarn cameos in union and JAL?

22. Kano

Kano Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2000
    Katarn for ever ! His spy skills and the Force would make him a powerful ennemy for the Vongs. Did he ever meet Luke.

I'm French, and heve a question : what is a cameo ?

23. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    3 : a usually brief literary or filmic piece that brings into delicate or sharp relief the character of a person, place, or event

4 : a small theatrical role usually performed by a well-known actor and often limited to a single scene; broadly : any brief appearance

24. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    In some comic featuring Mara Jade, maybe By the Emperor's Hand, maybe not, there's a line indicating that Mara is not his only Hand. I'm not at home right now but I can find it later. Perhaps Jerec was at one time one of these other Hands.

Here's another theory: In Soldier for the Empire, Jerec kills Morgan Katarn with a vibroblade, not a saber. I'd have to reread the book but maybe Jerec kept his force powers under wraps during Palpy's reign.

25. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    KK is cool, so is Yun. I wish both could get novels.

Oh yeah, a cameo is a small role, normally done in a film by someone famous

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.