main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kyle Katarn fans sign in here!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Valiento, Sep 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    up.

club members sign in.

2. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Kyle Katarn is briefly mentioned in Lawg Skrak: Endings.

3. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Lawg Skrak: Endings?

what's that, and where can i find it?

4. CJ24

CJ24 Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2000
    Up Top

5. Graz73

Graz73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 1999
    Lawg Skrak is bubba's Fan-Fic character... For a second, I thought there was a Kyle appearance I'd missed...

Kyle met Luke in the graphic novels (and the Essential Chronology)

Jerec's force powers were secret, but not that secret. I'm sure the emperor knew of them. (From what was said in the graphic novels, again)

6. Darth_Maw

Darth_Maw Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2000
    I found a previw of JAL on darkhorse.com and the "Kyle Katarn cameo" is there. Actually he is on two pages. anyway, this is the url:

http://darkhorse.com/news/previews/pg_prview/sku_97386/p_2/index.html

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    hey, thanks that was the picture i refered too.

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
  9. Darth Muis

Darth Muis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    *signs in*
    Kyle Katarn rocks!

Check out my FanFic about him! I did this one half a year ago.

http://pub9.ezboard.com/ftalonsquadbasethenestfrm8.showMessage?topicID=2.topic

You can't post in there, but if you want to react on it, you can do it here... If that is okay with you Valiento?

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I Believe that is ok, Muis, all the more kyle katarn discussions,(fan fic or other wise)the better.

11. Darth Muis

Darth Muis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
  12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Battle of ruusan is getting it's own comic series, yesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Austin_Solo

Austin_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2000
    Katarn...ugh.

I prefer Jacen's view of the Force, but that's only because of my deeper understanding of it:)

14. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Kyle is AWESOME! Easily on the level of Qui-Gon in terms of fighting ability,and with a Force-sensitivity level close to Luke's, he is very cool..

15. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    And, for all intents and purposes...self-trained. Raises my estimation of his abilities, at least. Luke needed Obi-Wan to teach him well, and Yoda for some finesse, but Katarn only got a dead guy named after the Muslim holy book.

16. Graz73

Oct 19, 1999
    Valantino, what
    s this Battle of Ruusan thing that you mentioned? Sounds cool... I want info!!

17. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I'd be more than thrilled to see Katarn appear in some future NJO books.

18. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    It's valiento, not Valantino, }=P.

Battle of ruusan was a battle fought during 1000 years before battle of yavin. You may know of ruusan by it's alternate name the valley of the jedi from jedi knight. During the the battle the jedi forces of Light lead by Lord Hoth, fought against the Sith brotherhood of darkness led by Dark Lord Kaan. Kaan and his sith bretheran because they were losing used a force power called the Thought bomb that took out both armies leaving no survivors except one, Darth Bane, the sith to start the rule of 2. about 1000 years later Kyle katarn had a showdown on the planet with Dark Jedi Jerec, and won, freeing the souls of the sith and jedi in the process. You can learn more about the planet ruusan and the valley of the jedi in 5 places, secrets of the sith, the Essential Chronology, Rebel Agent, Jedi Knight novel, and Video Game. In a couple of years according to dave land their is supposed to be a comic event "Jedi vs. Sith" that chronicles the battle and Darth banes escape.

So any fans of Kyle Katarn's Mythos and EP1 Novel Mythos and possible tales of the jedi mythos should really look forward to this comic series.

19. Graz73

Oct 19, 1999
    Sorry about the name mix up, Valiento.

Well, I doubt Kyle will be in that series, but it sounds good! I've been wanting to see Darth Bane!

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I forgive you, :).

Kyle katarn will not be in the series because it happens 1000 years before he was born. but it is a back story to the Kyle katarn mythos. If you you are a fan of the part of the EU that make up Kyle Kartarn and his father's life, This will be a cool new backstory to jedi knight story to read.

21. OB-1

OB-1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2000
    Katarn is one of my favorite characters. I love the computer games and graphic novels.
    From the timeline:

<<Kyle is then asked to form an elite commando squad for infiltration missions. He quickly agrees and his "Katarn Commandos" become a close-knit squad of guerilla fighters. Their insignia is later formed from the seal of the New Republic, with a stylized katarn beast leaping across the front.>>

Where'd you get this?

22. Graz73

Oct 19, 1999
    As I remember, I got that "Katarn Commandos" thing from one of the West End games RPG books. I think it may have been "Dark Force Rising"

I think it's very interesting because it is something cool Kyle did, that wasn't from a game...

23. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Valiento, it aint in a couple of years, according to Land the six-issue series starts in April, which means it will probably run through September.

24. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Cool, that's better. Too bad I always wait for Tpb's, :(.

25. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    hehehe...I have a better strategy than waiting for TPBs...and cheaper...

Anyway, only 81 or 8200-odd posts until we catch up with MJFCR! Keep it up, guys...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.