main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kyle Katarn fans sign in here!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Valiento, Sep 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austin_Solo

Austin_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2000
    Kyle! Kyle!

Kyle is cool, though I like Jacen better :)

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Ok, KKFSIH QotW #2:

Now that they have an official Mara actress, should they re-release Mysteries of the Sith with the cutscenes redone like the JK ones, instead of ingame?

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    That would be so cool, but they better release a novelization of the game at the same time.

While they are at it upgrade dark forces 1 either to at least glide support or done with a full 3-d engine(maybe live action cutscenes),then release a novelization of the game.

These 2 stories deserve novelizations too, since the JK got two, plus the prequel to DF 1. With a novelization, they could fix errors in Mots story or make it easier to understand.

A novelization of DF1 would also add to the story.

Then release audio drama's based on the two new books.

4. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Question #3, then I'm done:

Where is the frickin' Moldy Crow in MotS? That is Kyle's ship, not Jan's, so she wouldn't have it instead of him...has he returned it to the NR?

5. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I don't think he needed it in Mots, shuttle did just fine. Maybe he loaned to jan?

6. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    It was destoyed in Jedi Knight, remember? Right after Kyle escapes the falling ship.

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yep that sounds familiar, so what did he replace it with?

8. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Not quite destroyed...it got a wing knocked off, wasn't that about it. Maybe it was too old to be worth salvaging

9. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Also, I agree, a novelization AND movie cut-scenes would help MotS immensely. And I guess they didn't write a DF1 nevelization (except they did write about the first level), cause they didn't think it was enough to make a good story. I don't know, I gave my DF1 game to a friend, so I never made it past level 3.

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Dark forces 1 had a awsome story. It had Crix madine too, and he was one of my favorite characters. stupid darksaber project, :(.

11. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    It only got a wing knocked off, but then he ran into the Dark Jedi- who knows what they did to it! and anyway, I'm guessing it had a little more damage than one wing knocked off, I mean, it did crash. And yes, it was so old they probably didn't have the parts to fix it!

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    He found watto who fixed it up real well for alot of hutt credits of course.

13. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    It had Crix Madine? Cool! I did not know that! I like him a lot, too. I was shocked when they killed him, I was all like "HOW COULD THEY!!!????"

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yep one of the best level's in the game, you storm a prison stealing passes until you make it to crix's cell, and free him. definatly one of my fav levels.

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    What if Kyle Katarn got a cameo in Knightfall? We lose a chance to see kyle njo.

16. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    There is no Knightfall.

The two worst levels in DF were:
    Level 3 -- Anoat Sewers, because when I first got the game I didn't understand what to do and I just couldn't get through it, and

Imperial City -- This is a pointless level with a bunch of random elevators. And again, when I was twelve that maze thingy was too much for my feeble mind.

17. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I loved imperial city.

Everyon one knows the knightfall has been cancelled. what I want to know is, what if we lost a cameo of kyle katarn?

18. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    The chances of that are pretty slim, unless someone heard an actual rumor about Kyle being in it. Did anyone?
    As for DF1 levels, I never got past Anoat sewers. How DO you get past them? Me and my friend James STILL haven't figured it out!

19. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    In one of the tunnels, the third I think, you press a button that raises the level of the sludge up to that strangly lit opening, go in there, and just follow the level. It's strange how games evolve. DF, which was amazingly complex when it came out, I can now beat in only a couple hours plus or minus an hour.

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    In that level you down each pipe one at a time pushing a switch at the bottom that raises the sludge until you can walk across to the final pipe that goes to the secret hideout.

21. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Cool, I'll tell my friend that. Yeah, i know JK is sooo much harder than the first one, which is cool.

22. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Hi there, this is my first post!

Just couldn't resist joining a Kyle fan club! Now that I'm going to post a message at least once a month, is there any position I might get in the club?
    Maybe ambassador to Europe ;-)?

I think Kyle should definetly return, but you do need an author who is familiar with the subject, like Stackpole and the X-Wing-series.

IMHO, what I read of the graphic novels was a bit lame, and having Kyle act together with the movie heroes doesn't really work, either. Wasn't Luke the last Jedi...?

My vision of the Jedi Knight saga: Kyle leaves the Alliance after Endor to hunt down his father's murderer, a wish for vengeance ha surpressed for about four years. He does so and learns about the force (the game), only to stay - together with Jan - at the valley, to guard it. Anyway, he had no ship at that time...;-)
    It would make sense if kind of retired there because he completed his wish list (1: down with the Empire, 2: kill Daddy's murderer, 3: spend rest of life with Jan).
    Then, some five years later, something happens and he recognizes that he can't spend the rest of his life with Jan on that wonderful planet - maybe a vision of Rahn, who urges Kyle to act. The death of Jan would also make a good point to leave the planet.
    It was the time of the Empire's rebirth, and the Alliance needed help. Kyle (who's hair greyed because of the grief for his dead wife, see where i pulled that from) joins Mara and they witness the Mysteries of the Sith.
    When Kyle left the valley, he lost most of his power (I think he was only a master for game purposes, in a novel it couldn't happen if there was no additional influence like the Valley's power). Therefore he joined the academy as a trainee.

I like the idea of Kyle in the council (wouldn't it be Kouncil?). With his warrior abilities he would be a new Mace Windu or Plo Koon (and NO, I don't suggest he should lead the council).

Waiting for reactions...

23. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    First off, welcome to the board.

Well, you asked to be Ambassador to Europe. That can be arranged, :).

With the power invested in me as the president of the Kyle Katarn club, I grant you all poweres due to the position of Ambassador to Europe, to have all powers entitled to this position,[as long as it has to do with kyle katarn and you don't start a war,:-D]to do what you see fit.-miscilanious latin jumbo to make it sound official- -hands grey1 the ambassadorial signet-

Congratulations everyone give him a round of applause.

Now go out and diplomatically brink in more members, ;0)

Luke was not the last "Force Sensitive(jedi)" that was something obi wan said in his certain point of viewed information. Read enough EU novels and you see jedi come out of the woodwork. Kyle is of course the second of the new jedi.

No, i don't want jan dead, she should be in NRI some where.

24. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Woohoo!
    Muy muy, mesa love yous!

"Ambassador to Europe", how does that sound? Anyway, let's see if I will end up as a greedy, squabbling delegate...

Yeah, I know that there are more surviving Jedi in the EU than stars and planets together, but when Luke is struggling in HttE about being the last one, we should grant him being the last one at that point. The other ones only show up after he has taken the role of the first of the new Jedi.
    And YES, I know that Corran still would contradict... but then again, he didn't have any real Jedi training up to that point, did he?

BTW, what can you tell me about the original DF-game? I never played it, only a demo (Danuta). I'm not that much of a shooter, I only liked the story aspect of JK that god-damn much. The levels seem to be far smaller, and I guess that there are only about 15 of them. What can you tell?

25. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    well, first of all Use the LAIMLAME code to be invincible, and you can play through just for the story. Second of all see the story for yourself, the dark troopers are way cool.

Oh and remember in this club their is no vote of nonconfidence, so don't try to go palptine on me, :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.