main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kyle Katarn's Lightsaber form

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Master_Kenobi1138, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Kenobi1138

Master_Kenobi1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    I was playing Jedi Outcast before, and I was wondering what lightsaber form does Kyle Katarn use?

2. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I would venture to guess Form III, since he is fighting in an era of blasters and long-range weapons, just as the Jedi of the Old Republic were in the Clone Wars.

~Vassago

3. cloneCommando1138

cloneCommando1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    i would agree, however in Jedi outcast kyle katarn seems to be using a variety of different moves, perhaps compiled of other forms.

4. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    *headdesk* The post-OT Jedi don't use the traditional 'forms'. They each have their own style. They may know of the old forms, but would probably find them too rigid and stiff. Instead Luke would use what Yoda taught him to create his own style, then the Jedi would probably learn/create their own style in their travels and training.

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Kyle's form: whatever works. Personally I liked the 'heavy' style, which I guess is like V.

6. JacenKatarnC3PX

JacenKatarnC3PX Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2005
    I bet they all don't use the Jedi Order's 7 forms. They probably invent their own styles. Anything that works for them pretty much. But I bet Kyle's would mostly be Form V with some Form II mixed in. As we know, he is one of the NJO's top duelists, but he also uses many moves similar to Anakin's in Ep III, if not as fancy. That is something I always wondered, did the NJO every get as fancy as the original Jedi Order, or did they stick to that ugly slash-and-hack that Luke and Vader show clearly in RotJ. And by fancy I mean all those fancy twirls with the lightsaber, and the elegant flips and kicks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.