main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kylo, Ren, & Luke Theory

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Knights_of_Ren, Dec 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knights_of_Ren

Knights_of_Ren Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2015
    Hey all, new to the forum here.

Thought I’d share my two bits on a possible Kylo Ren & Rey connection after watching Episode VII.

Rey we know was kept on Jakku and had not intentions of leaving until her parents came back for her. Obviously, the circumstances change and she is thrust into quest to deliver BB8 to the Resistance.

The next scene after Rey & Finn escaped two tie fighters Kylo Ren is in a control room. An officer informs him that BB8 has escaped Jakku on a ship and that BB8 had help doing so. Kylo then proceeds to pull out his lightsaber and strikes the control board in anger. Kylo then ask the officer if they’re was anything else he’d like to tell him. (probably not the best idea in hindsight) He tells him that FN-2187 was behind it and also a girl. (Officer is then aggressively force choked by Kylo) Kylo replies “what girl”. This is interesting because he reacted even worse to this news. Which suggest it may be bigger information to Kylo. The word of FN-2187 isn’t so shocking to Kylo. He already knew of his choice to abandon the First Order. But what really angers him was that second part. A girl he possibly already knew of is now off of Jakku and in possession of a map to Luke. Someone he thought wouldn’t be leaving Jakku until Luke returned to her? Did Kylo abduct Rey after he and The Knights of Ren betrayed Luke? Soon after Kylo and Snoke talk about an awakening they have both felt in the force. Is Rey leaving Jakku the awakening? If so this could make Rey a high priority and it is as we see when Kylo comes to Maz’s castle. Kylo doesn’t go after BB8 and the map he is carrying. He goes after Rey who is a higher priority to him now.

Fast forward and Rey is in Kylo’s interrogation room. Kylo beings to feel around in Rey’s memories and soon realizes she does in fact have use of the force. He tells her not to be afraid and that he can feel her powers too. Though he just says “I can feel it too”. Kylo then references that if she’d known her family that’d she might be disappointed in them. Much like how Kylo was disappointed with his family. Could Kylo already know that Rey is Luke Skywalkers daughter and that she might be disappointed to find out her father left her on Jakku? Luke must have been a disappointment to Kylo or else he wouldn't of turned against him. Also, during this interaction Kylo tells Rey of how he knows what she dreams of at night. She sees an ocean and in that ocean is an island. Which is exactly what the last scene in the film depicts. Now this is the ancient Jedi temple and it is where Luke now resides; who is the only one capable of teaching her the ways of the force. So it could just be the force calling to her long before her vision at Maz’s. But its at least worth mentioning her dreams were either a calling from the force or possibly to the location of her father.

But back to Kylo & Rey.

With Kylo being the son of Solo and Leia he would of certainly knew if Luke had a daughter. Seeing as he was his uncle and Jedi Master. Which leads me to believe Luke A) simply didn’t know about Rey himself and still doesn’t or B) wanted to protect Rey from the First Order and didn’t want others to know of her existence which is why he left to her on Jakku while training new Jedi. If B is true it could be used later by Kylo to twist the truth and persuade Rey to the join dark side. Which will inevitably happen at some point for Rey. Much like how Vader wanted Luke to join him. This is where how Kylo knows about Rey gets a bit hazy. If Luke didn’t know of her existence or was covering her up then how did Kylo find out? Leia somehow knowing would be my only explanation. Hans Solo does give Finn a bit of advice while at Maz’s. “Women always find out the truth; always.” This could be a totally different references for Han but it could be foreshadowing that Leia somehow found out Luke had a daughter and was ok with staying away from her too for protection. So if Kylo does know of Rey’s origins why not simply tell her right away? He does make an offer to train her in the ways of the force during their lightsaber battle. So it seems that would have been a good time to pull a Vader and tell her of her true origins. But that could just push her to go looking for her father herself. Which brings me back to keeping this information to himself as leverage later. But all of this is entirely just speculation of course so I’m sure they’re are a few holes right now. But the rest could be explained in Episode VIII.

Cheers

2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Welcome to the boards [face_coffee]

It looks like the OP of this thread would be better discussed in one of a couple of other threads. Say the threads dedicated to one of the characters named in your post title.

Raz Zaphon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.