main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kylo Ren & The First Order

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheReal_Rebel, Dec 26, 2017.

1. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Haha. It is new, but keep telling yourself it’s not. We never saw Vader kill his master to take command of the Empire and rule it for himself. The dynamic has changed and it’s a big deal.

Ruffmeian, TK327 and 11-4D like this.
  2. Aetius888

Aetius888 Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2005
    Kyl-Ligula or Constantine?

I figure he'll go around renaming the days of the week after himself. But what if he turns out to be a really good ruler who brings stability to a galaxy that needs it?

I don't think they'll go that way. I think they'll go with the easy villainy route. But it would be extremely unexpected way to start things.

TheReal_Rebel likes this.
  3. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Ha Ha. Hope you don’t keep those blinders on while driving.

If Luke hadn’t been there, Vader would never have killed the Emperor, and the same thing applies to Kylo if Rey hadn’t been there.

Only difference:
    Rey and Luke choose destroy the power structure of the Empire/FirstOrder (the light) and Kylo, like Anakin, chooses to become part of the power structure (dark side).

Same thing.

The position Kylo holds hardly matters as he and Hux are inept and will only quicken the FO’s fall.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  4. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Kylo Ren won't be supreme leader long enough to have a bowel movement.

Hux is going to double cross him in seconds. Give him time. Ren will be on his own in episode IX with the Knights of Ren.

I don't see what ruling the Galaxy was going to bring him. I guess just wanting to stop rehashing and reliving the past and making the future in his image. Which to me seems pretty petulant.

Hopefully we can dive further into his psyche. We know he's in conflict but i want more exposition on why we have to "let the past die. Kill it if you have to."

And did he really know Leia was on Crait?

VanLiz and Ahsoka Blaster like this.
  5. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    This is the plot point that I liked the most in TLJ. Hope we see a Supreme Leader Ren in IX at the peak of his power, becoming what Vader would have been had he not been injured by Obi-Wan in ROTS and having killed Palpatine like he intended.

I wonder if he will reconstruct the Supremacy for his own purposes and how will he look in IX. Maybe Kylo will adopt a more royal look instead of the dark warrior costume he had in TLJ.

Kylo using the Force lightning in IX plus some new cool Force power would also be nice IMO.

6. Ahsoka Blaster

Ahsoka Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2017
    I agree that Kylo will not be Supreme Leader for long. They're going to subvert our expectations again.

7. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    I think they have written themselves into a corner with Kylo as a villain in that they haven't given him a great villainous victory. Not like Vader whooping Luke in Empire. The only person he's defeated single handed was a Stormtrooper cadet. So he kills Snoke but Snoke is a bad guy, Rey would have done the exact same thing. Hux defeated the resistance and while he's played for laughs as a comedy Hitler sometimes I'd more than welcome him stepping up as the ultimate evil. I love Domnhall Gleeson, he deserves his moment.

Consider the big battle at the end of 9. Rey defeats Kylo...again. She defeated him without any training. Where is the tension? Unless he defeats her and refuses to kill her to subvert Return of the Jedi. But then we are back to the problem with his villainy, villains can't win. So what happens?

8. Ahsoka Blaster

Ahsoka Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2017
    I think Hux will team up with a new darksider to create more of a threat.

9. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I predict that Hux will have an easy time turning the First Order against Kylo, they seem to respect/fear him more, even with Kylo's dark side power. It would have been interesting to see Vader go rogue from the Empire, I'd want to see Kylo's troops turning on him. Maybe that'll give an opportunity to show the Knights of Ren.

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. HellasLEAF-Jedi

HellasLEAF-Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Apr 25, 2009
    They need to remove ALL comedic, light-hearted moments from Kylo and Hux going forward. These villains need to be believable and Rian hasn't done us any favours here.

Hux should probably be killed off immediately in IX after Rian's butchering of his character. Kylo on the other hand has great potential if handled right by J.J...

P.s. bring back the mask. Kylo needs to craft a new mask for IX. It will go a long way imo.

11. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I believe the mask is gone for good. But it would be interesting to see what changes does Kylo perform to his costume now he has become the new Supreme Leader.

Ruffmeian and HellasLEAF-Jedi like this.
  12. HellasLEAF-Jedi

HellasLEAF-Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Apr 25, 2009
    ^^^
    I think his old mask is gone for good.
    I wouldn't not be surprised in the least if Kylo decided to dawn a new mask in an effort to complete his training and transition to the dark side. To became a new Vader as Snoke was hoping.
    We shall see. But the idea of Kylo in a mask adds a menacing presence as supreme leader imo, and going without I think humanizes him a bit too much. Kylo is a self admitted monster.

13. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    I don’t think he wants to be Vader now. I take him destroying his mask and coming into his own identify, finally. It adds more to his menacing actions because he’s not hiding behind anything any more. No more excuses, this is him.

14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I must say I thought Kylo was going to kill Hux when he was strangling him. He must see that Hux could be a major threat to him?

15. Ruffmeian

Dec 19, 2015
    I don’t think he considers him a threat, but do think he will end up killing him.

16. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I could see that happening, the aftermath of the loghtsaber duel, Kylo having a moment of doubt and Hux killing him.

17. Ruffmeian

Dec 19, 2015
    I meant more I think Kylo will kill Hux. But either way, they are not allies.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I think Poe will kill Hux.

19. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    What do we actually know about the First Order?

20. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
    This explains what we know about the First Order.

whostheBossk and Hopeless like this.
  21. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Kylo is even more mentally unstable than he's ever been. You would think he'd go back to the lightside after killing Snoke, but instead he proves he's truly gone by SERIOUSLY ASKING Rey if she wants to rule the galaxy with him.

He will be a crazy leader, and possibly more merciless than Snoke.

22. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
    We saw in TLJ how Kylo was distracted by Luke much to Hux’s annoyance. We also know that Rey distracts Kylo.

What I foresee is Kylo sending the KoR to track down Rey and anyone with force abilities.

Will Kylo undertake training others with Force abilities to supplement his KoR? I think it unlikely. He wouldn’t want to train anyone who might become a threat to him. But he might train someone he thinks he could control. Kylo distracted over Rey and other possible Force weilder threats, Hux will have to shoulder much of the burden for running the Military State. He won’t move against Kylo while his KoR are near. But he will be plotting how to get rid of him and encouraging Kylo to dispatch his KoR away from the center of power wherever they settle—I’m hoping it will be Mustafar. Despite his powers, Kylo is human and therefore must sleep and eat. He’s therefore vulnerable to poisoning and being attacked or merely tricked and jettisoned out an airlock.

However, I do see Rey attempting to find others with Force abilities and attempting to train them, which Kylo fears, because, if she has more numbers than his KoR she might win.

So I do expect Kylo to have an inordinate sense of paranoia.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  23. mike778

mike778 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 9, 2012
    Yep whilst I'm fine with Luke's character arc - maybe I would have gone down the route of him coming back and literally facing off against Kylo Ren in an epic light sabre battle with Kylo killing Luke. Maybe this was needed to truly legitimise Kylo's character.

That is assuming that Disney wouldn't allow Kylo to kill Rey (for marketing reasons) which would have been my preferred option forcing Luke out of exile.

24. VanLiz

VanLiz Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2002
    I like Hux. I hope he can find some ysalamiri so that Ren won't have such a huge advantage.

whostheBossk likes this.