main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Kynstar and the Count" (Dooku and others) Chapter 10 -- 11-20-2005 Finally an Update!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MysteriousRaven13, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    TITLE: ?Kynstar and the Count?

AUTHOR: MysteriousRaven13

SUMMARY: ?Beauty and the Beast? (Disney version) with a twist? Star Wars style.

AUTHOR?S NOTE: This story is for my friend, Kynstar, as a belated ?thank you? for ?One Last Hope?. ?Kynstar and the Count? was originally intended to be a short (very short) story, but this story had other ideas. I will try to post a chapter at least twice a week (depending on my work and school schedule). :D

Special thanks to Darth Pixel for beta-ing this story for me (and putting up with my crazy ranting).

Prologue

Once upon a time, on a faraway planet of Serenno, there lived a young force-sensitive Count. The handsome Count had everything he could possible desire: a beautiful castle, riches beyond the imagination, and faithful servants to attend to his every whim. Because he had all these things, he was blind to the pain, suffering, and plights of others and was a spoiled, selfish, and unkind nobleman, especially to those that worked for him.

Late one winter night, an old beggar made his way up a rocky path to the ancient castle. The creature offered the young and arrogant Count a rare purple flower, known as the Kibo flower, in exchange for shelter from the bitter cold. This rare flower was a cure for many ailments and possessed a strong, sweet fragrance. The Kibo flower was also rumored to be an enchanted flower that imparted mystical powers to whoever possessed it. Repulsed by the creature?s appearance, the young Count sneered at the creature and its gift, and proceeded to close the solid, oak door in the beggar?s face.

The Count stopped shortly from closing the door, when the beggar spoke, ?Be deceived by appearances, you should not. Look inside you must, to find beauty.? The beggar removed the hood from his cloak, revealing a wizened, troll-like Jedi sorcerer.

Upon realizing that the ancient troll was a Jedi, the young Count tried to apologize to the Jedi Master. But, it was too late because the Jedi had seen that there was no love nor kindness in the Count?s heart.

To teach the young Count a lesson, the Jedi sorcerer, turned the young human into a hideous, beast-like Sith Lord, and placed a powerful spell on the castle and all who lived there. So ashamed of his appearance was the Count, that he concealed himself in his castle. His only connection to the outside world was an enchanted mirror that would allow him to see everything that was going on outside the confines of his castle.

The ancient Jedi left behind the Kibo flower that as a reminder of the Count?s folly. For the flower that he had offered to the young man, was truly an enchanted flower that would bloom for many, many years.

In order for the spell to be broken, the young Count would have to find love, a true and honest love, for another and earn that person?s love in return before the last petal of the Kibo flower fell. For if that last petal fell before the Count could find his true love, he would forever remain a hideous beast-like Sith.

As the years passed, the Count fell into a deep despair, and had lost all hope of the spell being broken. For who could ever learn to love? a Sith?

~~MR13

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I get first reply- Wow!

Looks like fun. Lucky Lucky Kynstar :)

3. MysteriousRaven13

Nov 2, 2003
    Thank, PK. (Long time no chat :D ) Hey, I got the next part for ready for ATFF unless there is something you want to add to it.

Looks like fun. Lucky Lucky Kynstar

There's going to be humor (and some angst) in this. This is my way of thanking Kynstar for the viggie she wrote a few months back for my reward for the Sock challenge. After this story is done, I have Darth Pixel's "Pixerella" to do next. :D

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Definitely Disney. Loved the the sorcerer was Yoda...LOL. Looking forward to more of this!

5. MysteriousRaven13

Nov 2, 2003
    Definitely Disney. Loved the the sorcerer was Yoda...LOL. Looking forward to more of this!

Thanks, Diane. I loved making Yoda the sorcerer for this. Chapter 1 will probably be up late tonight.

BTW, the Sith (or the Count) in this story is not like George Lucas's Sith. The Sith is suppose to be like Disney's Beast. :D And I'll apologize to the Jinn lovers out there, but he's my Gaston in this.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Very cute Raven.

7. Ki-Adi-Matt

Ki-Adi-Matt Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 28, 2004
    IT's great i like the diseny twist, can't wait for more!!!

8. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    And I'll apologize to the Jinn lovers out there, but he's my Gaston in this. Well, naturally, even I have been playing with his song. It's just too too perfect.

Love this thus far, looking forward to more.

KD

9. Darth_Pixel

Darth_Pixel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Great job Rae, but you already know what I think. I'm always happy to listen to your ranting, it gives me something to do in the wee hours of the morn lol.

Now where is that next chapter hmmm?

10. MysteriousRaven13

Nov 2, 2003
    Healer Leona
    Very cute Raven. Thank you very much. :D

Ki-Adi-Matt
    IT's great i like the diseny twist, can't wait for more!!! I?m glad you like it. The next chapter will probably be up tomorrow night.

Knight Dilettante
    And I'll apologize to the Jinn lovers out there, but he's my Gaston in this. Well, naturally, even I have been playing with his song. It's just too too perfect. Yeah, for some reason, Gaston made me think of Qui-Gon Jinn. [face_laugh] I don?t know why, but it did.

Love this thus far, looking forward to more. Yeah, the next chapter should be up some time tomorrow.

Darth_Pixel
    Great job Rae, but you already know what I think. I'm always happy to listen to your ranting, it gives me something to do in the wee hours of the morn lol. Hehe. I?m glad you like my ranting, you are one of my cohorts-in-crime. :D

Now where is that next chapter hmmm? No wonder why you?re a Sith, Pixie. You are too darn impatient. :D

11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    [face_blush] So sorry about not posting until now! But this beginning is great!!! How sad of the poor Count :(

*Snrk!* Loved the part of Yoda being the sorcerer!

the Jinn lovers out there, but he's my Gaston in this.

Hehehehe! Oh that's going to be soooooo funny!!! hehehe Can't wait!!!

[:D] thanks so much!!! *Does a jig* [face_dancing] This is soooo cool!! :D Glad you enjoyed 'One Last Hope' :D I enjoyed writing that meself ;)

12. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Uh oh, Kynstar is going to put some sothern lovin' on the count. ;)

13. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Can't think of anyone better to break the spell than Kynstar! This really made me smile Raven, looking forward to more! :D

14. MysteriousRaven13

Nov 2, 2003
    Kynstar:
    [face_blush] So sorry about not posting until now! But this beginning is great!!! How sad of the poor Count :(

Hey, don?t worry about. We?ve all got a busy schedule. :D

*Snrk!* Loved the part of Yoda being the sorcerer!

I thought you would. What?s funny, is that I can actually picture Yoda as the sorcerer. [face_laugh]

the Jinn lovers out there, but he's my Gaston in this.

Hehehehe! Oh that's going to be soooooo funny!!! hehehe Can't wait!!!

[face_devil]

[:D] thanks so much!!! *Does a jig* [face_dancing] This is soooo cool!! :D Glad you enjoyed 'One Last Hope' :D I enjoyed writing that meself ;)

[face_laugh] You are welcome. This is the first of my fairy tale series. :D

CodyMonKenobi:
    Uh oh, Kynstar is going to put some sothern lovin' on the count. ;)

Well, not for a while. :p :D

Tangled_Sphere:
    Can't think of anyone better to break the spell than Kynstar! This really made me smile Raven, looking forward to more! :D

When I first came up with the idea for this ?Beauty and the Beast? tale, Kynstar was the person that came to my mind for ?Beauty?. And of course where there?s Kynstar, Dooku is not far behind. :D

The next chapter should be up either tomorrow night or Wednesday.

[face_dancing] WooHoo lucky number 13 :D

15. MysteriousRaven13

Nov 2, 2003
    Sorry, guys, I know I said I would have the next chapter up by now. I've got testing going on for my students for the next couple of days, but should have it up by Saturday. Sorry once again.

MR13

16. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    No problem ;) Hey I'm juz excited that you are actually doing it! [face_blush] this is sooooo coooooool!!! Hope the testing goes well!

17. MysteriousRaven13

Nov 2, 2003
    Well, folks, here is the next chapter. Sorry for the long wait... you can blame it one Darth_Pixel. :D No, don't blame it on her

Special thanks to Darth_Pixel for her suggestions and beta-ing skills, once again.

[b] [u] Chapter 1 [/u] [/b]

[i] A century has passed since that fateful winter night that doomed a man to darkness? [/i]

It was an early spring morning with a clear blue sky. There was not a cloud to be seen as the sun shined down brightly upon the inhabitants who were busy opening up their business and preparing to start the day. Birds began to sing and children?s laughter could be heard as a young woman began her daily journey to the village, oblivious to all that was going on around her. Her only concern at the moment was in learning if the young boy would defeat the evil giant ogre in her book, even if she had already read the book several times before. She loved to read books that were about adventures and romance, especially when they ended in an ?happily ever after?. At least the adventures in her books, never placed a bounty on her head or endangered her life. She loved her father dearly, but sometimes being the daughter of a bounty hunter ? a retired bounty hunter turned inventor as it was ? was more dangerous than the actual occupation itself.

The young woman, twenty-year-old Kynstar Fett, had spent the last three years living in a quaint, little cottage on the outskirts of the peaceful village of Seron. Before that, home had been where ever her father?s occupation took them, sometimes to planets that were a seedy hellhole. The longest that she had stayed at any of her previous ?homes? had been a month, maybe two. Her father had not really cared about stability until just a few years ago. Before their last and final move, he had believed that routines would get you killed, and in his profession if you made it to your thirtieth year, than the gods were looking down on you favorably. Her father, being one of the few, had made it passed that mark and then some, having reached his fifty-fifth year just recently.

Kynstar lifted her head from her book as she neared the village, closing the book and placing it into her basket. [i] ?This is such a quiet little village. It?s definitely not like the others that I?ve visited in the past. There?s no fighting, and father actually comes home without an injury,? [/i] she thought. [i] ?Well, at least he isn?t trying to hide the injuries, or bringing those creepy associates of his or prisoners home anymore here. I haven?t had to sleep or travel with my blaster in over two years since we moved here?. [/i]

?Good morning, Kynstar,? said a cheerful voice that startled her from her thoughts.

?Oh, good morning, Mr. Bonjo. Mrs. Bonjo. How are you this morning?? Kynstar asked politely. She really like the Bonjos, they reminded her of her dearly departed grandparents, if a little eccentric. But they had been very friendly, and accepting of her and her father when they first arrived on the seemingly enchanted planet of Serenno.

?We are doing fine, my dear. And you and your father?? asked Mr. Bonjo.

?We are doing fi-,? replied Kynstar.

?I?m sorry, my dear Kynstar,? interrupted Mrs. Bonjo. ?There goes the baker. We must simply hurry if we are to get anything.? Mrs. Bonjo dragged her husband, calling over her shoulder to Kynstar, ?Sorry, my dear, we must go. I like to get to the baker?s before anyone else does. Let?s get together tomorrow evening for tea, dear.?

?I understand, Mrs. Bonjo,? replied Kynstar softly, not expecting a reply since the Bonjos had already walked away. [i] ?Yes, there goes the baker with his tray like always. The same old bread and rolls to sell. Every morning is just the same, since the morning that we came to this quiet little village? [/i] she thought, than her stomach grumbled loudly. [i] ?But, than again? they are good rolls. [/i]

?Good morning, Kynstar,? said Mr. Bakrol, the village baker, placing another tray of steaming loaves of bread down on a stand as Kynstar made her way to him

18. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    la la- oops you caught me singing along with the words 8-}

love the use of Tahl and Depa as the airhead females

19. MysteriousRaven13

Nov 2, 2003
    la la- oops you caught me singing along with the words

love the use of Tahl and Depa as the airhead females

Hehe :D I've been doing the same thing, I've watched this blasted film so many times that I can sing the songs from memory.

Glad you like Tahl and Depa. I had thought about using Siri, but I didn't think it would fit with a child drooling over Qui-Gon, unless she was an infant. :D

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh my goodness!! I was rolling with this! The songs! ;) hehehehehe

*Snrk* Xan, Depa, and Tahl!! hehehehe Juz great! hehehe

Liked the bookstore bit! ;) ahhh if only there was one closer to my place in real life! I'd move in for sure! hehehehe Madam Nu! Having Kynstar be Fett's daughter is a blast! hehehe Great job!! :D :D

[:D] I'm loving it!

21. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    [face_laugh] hee hee hee. Like the others, loved the airheads. I love Xan being Qui-Gon's sidekick too. Hee hee hee.

wipes tears from eyes

Looking forward, mostly patiently, to more.

KD

22. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    [face_laugh] Hilarious!

[face_blush] Yup, I was singing along . . . like the use of Tahl and Depa as QGJ's fan club. (Aren't there three? Hey, Diane could be the third! :D )

Will be interested to see how this pans out [face_thinking] I mean, I know how it ends, but I love how you're handling it :)

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved the village harlots! Very funny. And, yes, I would be one of the singing girls, drooling over Qui-Gon. Loved that Xan was the side-kick! LOL.

24. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Yay! Great story Padawan. :) I love Beauty and the Beast. Yay for the songs. :)

25. Darth_Pixel

Darth_Pixel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    What's this about the chapter being late being my fault hmmm? You convienently forgot to mention that you sent it to me late, I think yes?

Anyway, I don't think I told you just how hilarious QGJ is in this. I can just imagine him acting that way. It's hilarious. Oh, and I put i na vote for Diane to be the 3rd drooling female, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.