main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Kynstar and the Count" (Dooku and others) Chapter 10 -- 11-20-2005 Finally an Update!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MysteriousRaven13, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I started laughing as I read the cleft in his chin line again. Doesn't that seem appropriate for you know who? :D

2. raisedbywolves

raisedbywolves Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    Oh my. This is... indescribable. I am unable to purge the mental picture of animated Qui-Gon singing "I'm especially good at expectorating" from my mind. Ptooey! Ten points for Dadaist crossover fanfic!

3. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Ah, very nice! I liked the addition of Ryja. Personally, I don't have a thing for Xani, but I enjoyed the comment about black hair and blue eyes making her tremble. :D

Poor Kynstar, such confused emotions. Well, I'm sure things will get nicer for her very soon.

4. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    RYJA!!! <dances around> [face_dancing][:D]:D[face_laugh][face_batting]8-}

5. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Where are more posts, Padawan? [face_batting]

6. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I'm at work right now. Shush, don't tell anybody. :D

I'm already finished with Chapter 9 and halfway finished with Chapter 10 and 11. I'm going to get at least Chapter 9 out to my master and other beta-ers to check and will have that posted ASAP. Down here in Arizona we are currently in the monsoon season which means heavy rains and severe thunderstorms. So I have had very limited time on my computer at home since we keep losing power.

7. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Woohoo! You won an award! Yay! I'm so proud of you padawan! We need to talk about knighting! ;)

-Best Crossover-
    Kynstar and the Count by MysteriousRaven13

I'm so proud. :)

8. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
  9. MysteriousRaven13

Nov 2, 2003
    Thanks Master and PK. Knighting? Could it be? :D

Next chapter is getting posted here shortly.

10. MysteriousRaven13

Nov 2, 2003
    Thanks, Master. Hopefully your roommate doesn't think you're a nut - with your singing and dancing. :D

Not you too! :D The next one is coming right up! Give me a couple more days for Chapter 10. Only a few more chapters to go before the story is complete.

Hehe, I'm glad you like it Denise. Well, she won't be so alone (or frightened) here shortly. I think there is about 5 more chapters after Chapter 9 and than that's it. :(

Hmmm... I wonder who? :D

Thanks for stopping in and reading. Glad you are enjoying the story.

Thank you. Ryja is a combination of myself, my master, and my two padawan sisters (well two of them anyways :D). Things will get better for her (assuming the Count doesn't get upset with her that is. :D)

Glad you like it, Paddy Sis. Now I wonder, whose personality should she have? Yours? Master's? Jaina? :D

There coming, Master. Just hold your banthas. :D

Thanks, Master. You mean I can get knighted now? :D About time... I mean... I am so honored. :D

Thanks, PK.

I want to thank everyone that voted for "Kynstar and the Count". [:D]

11. MysteriousRaven13

Nov 2, 2003
    Xanatos & Qui-Gon ? lyrics for song
    Xanatos ? lyrics for song
    Qui-Gon ? lyrics for song
    Others ? lyrics for song

Chapter 09

The singing stopped as the door to the cantina burst open, startling some who were too drunk to be aware of their surroundings. Others jumped more from the blast of cold wind and snow than from surprise. An old man, covered in snow, looked around frantically as if he was searching for something in particular.

?Help! Someone help me!?

In front of him was Mr. Bakrol, who after a hard week?s work at the bakery, liked to drink with his friends. And like his friends, he became insensitive and even careless after drinking too much of the Corellian Ale. And this particular night, they were all about to show just how insensitive and careless he could be.

?Jango??

Jango ran towards Mr. Bakrol, clutching at the baker?s dirty tunic with a desperate look on his face. ?Please! Please, I need your help! He?s got her. He?s got her locked up in the dungeon!?

Xanatos, walking towards Jango with Qui-Gon, looked at the man in confusion, ?Who??

Jango let got of Mr. Bakrol and turned towards Xanatos. ?Kynstar! We must go! We don?t have a minute to lose!?

Like everyone else in the cantina, Qui-Gon had a confused but thoughtful look on his face. He just might get Kynstar after all. He grabbed Jango?s shoulder, spinning him around to face him. ?Whoa! Slow down, Jango. Who?s got Kynstar locked in a dungeon??

?A beast! A horrible, monstrous beast!? Jango ran back and forth between the men, pleading desperately. Jango?s only concern was saving his daughter; it didn?t even faze him when he was pushed from behind, landing at Qui-Gon?s feet. The drunken men began to laugh at Jango, mocking him.

?Is it a big beast??

?Huge!?

?With a long, ugly snout??

?Hideously ugly!?

?And sharp, cruel fangs??

?Yes, yes. Will you help me?? Jango felt sure that the men would help him save his daughter.

Qui-Gon helped Jango to stand up, with an evil grin on his face. ?All right, old man. We?ll help you out.?

Jango?s shoulders slumped in relief, not knowing that the help Qui-Gon and his friends were going to provide was not the help he was expecting. ?You will? Oh, thank you, thank you!?

A look from Qui-Gon had the men picking Jango up and carrying him towards the cantina entrance. Mr. Bakrol opened the door for the men, laughing drunkenly as they threw Jango out into the freezing snow. They quickly closed the door, ignoring Jango?s cry.

Mr. Bakrol looked at his companions, while sniffing a mug that he swiped off a nearby table. ?Crazy old Jango. He?s always good for a laugh!?

Qui-Gon looked at Mr. Bakrol, a pensive look on his handsome face. ?Crazy old Jango? hmm? Crazy old Jango.? He turned his attention towards Xanatos, the evil grin appearing on his face once more. ?Xan, I?m afraid I?ve been thinking.?

Xanatos cringed at the look on Qui-Gon?s face. He knew that no good would come from that look. ?A dangerous pastime-.?

?I know. But the wacky old coot is Kynstar?s father and his sanity?s only so-so. Now the wheels in my head have been turning since I looked at that crazy old man. We must not forget that I promised myself that I would be married to Kynstar, and right now I?m evolving a plan!?

Qui-Gon walked back towards the fire place dragging Xanatos behind them. He wanted some privacy with Xanatos with what he was about to discuss. He leaned down towards the servant whispering, ?If I??

?Yes??

?Then I??

Xanatos looked at Qui-Gon, an uncertain look in his eyes. ?No, would she??

??GUESS!?

As if someone had flipped a switch on, Xanatos finally realized what Qui-Gon was planning. Part of him didn?t thinking it was right, but was he to disagree? His master was a Jinn, and a Jinn was entitled to anything and everything. Well, almost everything. He wasn?t planning on sharing the beautiful and smart Ryja with his master. ?Now I get it!?

?Let?s

12. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhh! My fave part of the movie is coming up!! [face_dancing] I soooo loved the dinner scene! [face_love]

Wonderful job MysteriousRaven13!! And congrads on the win!! :D [:D]

13. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Master Jaya Solo, looking considerably more worn out than at the last ceremony, joins Master Yoda at the podium. ?Come to honor Padawan MysteriousRaven13, we have. Knight she shall become. Approach, padawan.?

?Master, why did you pick Yoda to assist in the ceremony?? Raven whispers to her master.

?Because he talks funny.?

?Appreciate that, I do not. Respect your elders, you should.?

?Yes Master,? both women answer.

?Padawan Raven, over the past? really long time, I have come to know you as a companion, friend, padawan, annoying giver of plot bunnies, as a beta, and as a beta for me. It is both my joy and concern to release you from the bonds of being a padawan and release you into the life of being a knight. Being a knight is a huge responsibility. You have to learn to act as an adult, obey the rules of the forum, and even produce grand-padawans for your aging master.

?You have won the award of ?Best Crossover? story for Before the Saga as well as the respect and admiration of your fellow padawan sisters and your master. And now you will receive the rank of Jedi Knight of Fan Fiction. Padawan, please kneel.?

Edit: Okay, so I get my numbers confused in my old age. :p

14. MysteriousRaven13

Nov 2, 2003
    Oh, thank you, master. I still can't believe that this day has come. But do I really have to act like an adult? Oh... and what is that noise behind you, master? Are you hiding something? Please tell me you didn't put Rymi in that bag. And you know, you don't need to be concerned about releasing me. Remember, I'm your perfectly sane padawan... ah former padawan. :D

15. Myri_Antilles

Aug 3, 2004
    Padawan Myri Antilles bounced from foot to foot in the back of the room. "When's it going to be over so we can get her?" she whispered to her oldest padawan sis, Jaina Solo 15. "I wanna get her with this silly string!"

Jaina jerked her gaze in Myri's direction. "You brought silly string???"

Myri nodded gleefully. As soon as Raven bowed to the Masters and walked their way, Myri shouted, "Congrats, my dear sister!" She dug out the silly spray and aimed it at Raven.

After emptying her first can on her sister, she handed cans to Raven, Jaina, and Luthe. "Ok," she whispered. "Now, we get Master!" :D

16. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    ?Like your older sister before you, I will not cut your padawan braid, because let?s face it, girls like their hair way too much and it would make you look silly. Just kidding. I will knight you like I did her. May I have your saber please??

Jaya receives Raven?s lightsaber and gently taps her on each shoulder with the hilt. Jaya?s eyes at this ceremony are brimming with tears since Raven has been her padawan for so long.

?Rise, Knight Raven,? Jaya says as her voice catches because she is attempting to not cry. ?Can I have a hug?? Jaya asks as the tears flow down her cheeks.

?It?s okay Master, I won?t leave you yet.?

?I know. None of you ever do. And then you bring home grand-padawans for me to beta for. I?m crying because of that.?

?Sure you are.?

?I brought you a present. He was a little reluctant? so he?s tied up out back. Maybe your sisters will be kind enough to drag? bring him in. Girls??

Rymi, Teena, and Luthe drag in a bound and gagged Obi-Wan Kenobi. He has a bright red bow attached to his head.

?Happy Knighting Sis!?

?Congratulations, Knight Raven.?

17. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Jaya laughs through her tears as she watched Raven be christened as a new Knight, but then puts on a stern "Master" face as Raven glares at her.

"You're a Knight now. You can handle it however you want to. I just won't look..." Jaya turns her head and whistles innocently.

18. MysteriousRaven13

Nov 2, 2003
    Oh my. So... I don't have to give him back do I? He's is mine to keep? [face_devil]

19. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Oh... as long as I don't know about it... ;)

20. MysteriousRaven13

Nov 2, 2003
    Hey everybody,
    There will be an update this weekend. I've been swamped at work (and have had to spend more time with my students than I normally do), so I haven't had much time to dedicate to writing. Chapter 10 (and 11) are almost completed and as soon as I get those out to my beta-er(s) I will post the chapters.

Rae

21. Myri_Antilles

Aug 3, 2004
    Oh, yay! :D

More Ryja? 8-}

22. MysteriousRaven13

Nov 2, 2003
    Okay, I know I said I would post the chapter during the weekend... and I didn't. I'm sorry about that, I am going to try to aim for this weekend. I do apologize for the delay.

And, Padawan Sis, who knows; there might be some Ryja coming soon. :D [face_devil]

23. MysteriousRaven13

Nov 2, 2003
    I just wanted to let everyone know that this story is still going on. Hopefully I can put the next chapter up by Monday night. I have just been extremely busy with DL and am about ready to hack it with a lightsaber. :D [face_devil] [face_skull]

24. MysteriousRaven13

Nov 2, 2003
    Well, here is the next chapter and I do apologize for the delay in getting the chapter posted. DL has made it extremely hard for me to spend quality time with my writing and the future chapters (only a few left) will be slow in coming until Christmas Exodus (break) arrives.

Big Kudos and thanks to PadawanKitara for betaing this story. Thanks.

[color=red] song by Mace [/color]
    [color=green] song by Mugs [/color]
    [color=purple] song by all [/color]
    [color=magenta] song by Mrs. Adi [/color]

Chapter 10

Ki-Adi-Mundi stepped into the room timidly, knowing that his master's temper was going to explode when he relayed the young lady's message. "Uh, good evening."

Dooku felt himself begin to grow angry as he realized just how irritated he was quickly becoming with his new guest. "Well, where is she, Mundi?"

Trying to buy some time, Ki-Adi-Mundi pretended to act confused. "Who? Oh! The girl. Yes, the... ah... the girl. Well, master, she's actually... well, in the process of... um... circumstances being what they are, ah..." Ki-Adi-Mundi stopped to take a breath before muttering, "She's not coming to dinner."

"WHAT?!?!" Dooku ran out of the room, banging the door hard against the wall.

Concerned for the girl's safety, the trio chased... well, hopped frantically after their master. "Your Grace!"

"Master!"

"Let's not be hasty, Sir!"

Dooku ignored his servants as he raced up the stairs towards Kynstar's room. He could neither hear nor see anything except for the roaring in his ears and the red haze in his vision. The girl had tried his patience for the last time and it showed when he pounded on the door to her room.

"I thought I told you to come down to dinner!"

A muffled reply came from behind the door. "I'm not hungry."

"You'll come out or I'll... I'll break down the door!" Dooku declared angrily.

Mace shook his head in dismay. "Master, I could be wrong... but that may not be the best way to win the girl's affections."

Pleading, Ki-Adi-Mundi grabbed the hem of Dooku's cloak. "Please! Attempt to be a gentleman."

Dooku peered down at Mace and Ki-Adi-Mundi, growling and bearing his fangs. "But she is being so... difficult!"

Mrs. Adi glared up at her master, stopping him from attacking the door. "Gently, gently."

Feeling dejected, Dooku turned back towards the door and asked, "Will you come down to dinner?"

"No!" This time Kynstar's reply came through the door loud and clear, not muffled.

Ki-Adi-Mundi could see the frustrated look on the Count's face and reminded him, "Suave. Genteel."

Trying to not lose his temper, Dooku decided to act formal by bowing at the door. He gritted his teeth as he asked once again in a much nicer tone, although the servants groaned when they heard the warning in his voice. "It would give me great pleasure if you would join me for dinner."

Ki-Adi-Mundi tugged on his master's cloak once again and whispered, "Ahem. We say 'please', master."

"Please."

From the other side of the door, Kynstar could hear the defeat in the beast's voice. Yet it gave her no pleasure at the beast's discomfort although she was still too angry with him to feel anything but fury. "No, thank you!"

"You can't stay in there forever!" Dooku exploded, ready to tear the door down. What was with this slip of a girl that made him lose control?

"Yes, I can!" Kynstar retorted, provoking him even more and not caring about the danger she was putting herself in.

"Fine! Then go ahead and starve!" He yelled at the door, telling himself silently that the first time she stepped out of the room, he was either going to strangle her or throw her back into the dungeon.

Dooku turned his attention down to the servants. "If she doesn't eat with me, then she doesn?t eat at all!? He then raced down the hall towards the West Wing and his private quarters.

Saddened at the turn of events, Mrs. Adi looked at her companions. ?That didn?t go very well at all, did it??

Both men nodded their heads in agreement. Things were not going as well as they had though

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    you got it posted :)

I love the backward Yaddle speak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.