main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Kyp and Cass - Post ROTJ - Kyp,Luke,Mara/ Angst, action, romance.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Adalia-Durron , Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Wrote this back in 1999. All my stories have Kyp in them, they are all different female leads. (shrugs) works for me. This one has three parts, the last being the longest.

Kyp and Cass

He remained staring out of the window at the city beyond. I didn?t know how to convince him to change his mind, to reconsider his decision. I had no Jedi skills, none that I knew of, but I knew how I felt and I knew how he felt. Why he was fighting it was what I had spent the best part of the last hour trying to find out. He had given me more excuses than I could imagine, still, not one of them was valid as far as I was concerned.

"You should go, there is nothing more to say", he said quietly without turning. He really thought that would make me leave?

"I?m not leaving till I get a reason to go. So far I have heard a lot of excuses, no real reasons". I watched as he lowered his head and slowly shook it.

"Cass, please, this is hard enough. Please don?t be stubborn and fight me on this."

It?s harder for me, I?m not the one running." I responded evenly.

He spun to look at me, "I?m not running" he said firmly. I raised my eyebrows in question, "You?re not? Could have
    fooled me. Why, if I didn?t know you better, I?d say you were afraid of what I could mean to you." It was a statement, true, but I needed him to admit what I already knew. He opened his mouth to protest, but instead turned back to the window.

"That?s ridiculous", he muttered. Pursing my lips I decided that the time had come to make a move, nothing else had worked up until now. I took three steps and bridged the gap between us.

"Is it? Say, you, Oh, I don?t know, fell in love with me?" I whispered over his shoulder. His whole body tensed ever so slightly, almost in defence. Lifting my hand I brushed the back of my fingers over his cheekbone and down under the hair at the back of his neck, stopping at his collar. His eyes closed automatically and I noticed as he tilted his head ever so slightly away from me, savouring my touch. I began to trace my fingers around his collar, caressing his neck as I went.

"You really don?t want me to go, I know that. Why don?t you just give us a chance?" For a moment, I thought I was getting through to him. Suddenly he pulled away, putting several metres between us again.

"No, I can?t." he said firmly, "I?d end up hurting you, I know that and I think you know it too" he added turning to face me. "There is too much in my past Cass, too much to expect you to accept, geezzz I have trouble accepting it most the time!" Running his fingers through is thick black hair he went on, "don?t you think I wish things could be different? Do you think I like living like this, like feeling like this about you and knowing that I can never act on it?" I could see the pain in his deep blue eyes, Jedi or not, he couldn?t hide that from me.

I don?t care about your past!" I cried, feeling the tears I had been fighting all night begin to sting at my eyes again. "Don?t you understand, it means nothing to me, it?s the past and I don?t judge you for it, let alone hold it against you! And before you say I don?t know, I do! It didn?t take me long to search Coruscant library files to find out what happened 10 years ago, but that was then this is now. From the moment I met you I knew, damn, I have never felt like this before about anyone, never in my 26 years. I will not let this go easily, I?ll not walk away without giving it all I have!" I drew a deep breath and closed my eyes and added softly, "things can be different, it?s up to you Kyp." The tears were stinging a lot worse now, and I knew I couldn?t stop them for much longer. Opening my eyes again, I found him staring at me, a mix of surprise and concern on his face. It was clear he never expected me to delve into his past, his gaze softened as he realised my emotions were taking over.

"Please don?t cry," he muttered, "I don?t know if I can fight that." He added. Emotional blackmail so that?s what it was going to take? I really didn?t want to resort to that, such a weak approach and

2. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. that was so good Adalia. I must have some more.

Jez

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thanks! As you requested!!

I had been on Courscant for a month now, and as I had predicted, the road had been very rocky. It was taking a lot of effort for Kyp to let me into his life and he seemed to spend the better part of his time trying to protect me from the real world. It was obvious to me that he still didn?t think I was ready to handle him, all of him. I once again found myself debating to his turned back.

?Come on Kyp, you?re being so over-protective. You seem to forget what I?ve spent most of my life doing,? I sighed, ?and I wish you wouldn?t turn your back on me, I really don?t like it.?

He glanced at me over his shoulder, ?It?s the only way I can hide from you? he muttered with a small smile, ?You seem to know what I?m thinking before I do, that confuses me.?

Finally, an admission of weakness! ?So, I can get to you if I have too.? His gaze had returned to the window, but I could sense the smile I had brought to his face. ?Don?t get to cocky, I can still keep two steps ahead of you.?

I laughed out loud which seemed to diffuse the situation a little. ?Let me come with you. I?ll rot if you leave me here, you know I?m not used to sitting on my hands when theres work to be done.?

He turned to face me, ?It?s too dangerous Cass, I can?t take the risk of you being hurt,?..or worse.? I could see that he was remembering the past and his losses.

?I?m not your brother, or your parents Kyp. It?ll take a lot more than you can imagine to get rid of me,? I said gently. ?You say you love me. Me being what I am, not what you want me to be. I can?t sit by quietly while you?re making a difference; it?s not my way. I think you know that.?

Just at that moment the door chimed. Kyp turned to it and his eyes narrowed ever so slightly. I had gotten used to him using his abilities to do simple things like checking who was at the door. He raised his eyebrows and sighed, ?Come in?

Not having his insight, I had to face the door to know who was there. When it opened I studied the woman standing in front of me, I had not met her before.

?Hello Mara. I didn?t expect you until tomorrow.? Kyp said as she entered the room.

?I left a day early, therefore, got here a day early.? She responded. I watched her as she crossed the room, her golden red hair hanging just below her shoulders, and a lightsabre attached to her belt. Another Jedi Knight? ?You set to go? Sooner we get there, sooner we can sort this mess out.?

Kyp glanced at me, ?Not quite, I have a couple of things too sort out before I go.? Mara turned to me.

?You must be the Cassiopia I?ve heard so much about. I?m Mara Jayde Skywalker.? She closed the gap between us and thrust out her hand out to me. Taking it in mine I was a little stunned, I knew Kyp had famous friends and acquaintances, but sometimes he still surprised me.

?Pleased to meet you, I have to be honest, Kyps? told me nothing about you.? I gave him a quick look of disapproval, it was obvious he had been expecting her, nice of him to mention it to me. Mara laughed.

?That doesn?t surprise me, especially since it?s obvious he didn?t want you to be involved in his next assignment. BUT, before anyone says anything I have to put my two credits worth in.? She held her hand up to Kyp as if to silence any protest from him, ?and you know whose opinion as well.? Kyp was about to protest until she added that last bit; he then shut his mouth.

?I?ve done a bit of checking into your past Cassiopia.? I widened my eyes wide in surprise. ?Don?t give me that look, you?ll get used to not having any privacy around this lot. Han worries about Kyp, kind of a father thing I guess and he talks to Luke and well, I get everything then.? It made sense to me, but un-nerved me a little at the same time. I still had to get used to being around Jedi Knights and them knowing my thoughts and feelings, not just the one I was involved with.

?Anyway, we talked about the fact we need a cover to go in, and as this place is a resort in the surface we figured couples were

4. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    This is very intriguing. More, please:)

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    As requested, thanks.

Before I had even opened my eyes I knew I had been in this situation before. The room was darkened and quiet and my head ached. The memory of what had happened flooded back to me and I suddenly felt very ill at the thought of how I had acted. Rolling onto my side as I opened my eyes and brought my hands up to clutch my head as if holding it would ease the aching. I was surprised to see Kyp sitting cross-legged on the floor, shoulders hunched forward and his head dropped. I wanted to say how sorry I was but found I couldn?t speak, he must have heard me trying to speak and lifted his face to look at me. My heart ached painfully when I saw the tears on his cheeks and the pain in his eyes.

?I?m so sorry, but?.? He seemed to be struggling with his words, ?I didn?t know what else to do, how else to stop you.? His voice was quiet and hoarse. It was clear he was blaming himself for what had happened. I knew better and had to let him know that. Pushing myself up I rolled off the bed and on all fours crawled over to him.

?Don?t do this. None of this is your fault you only stopped me. I don?t know what happened to me but I knew I wasn?t acting right but couldn?t stop myself.? I spoke softly as I realised how sore my throat was from yelling earlier. I sat down in front of him not game enough to touch him yet, how he must detest me.

?It was the mud. I figure that most couples are both effected by it so neither question it.? He swallowed hard, ?It didn?t effect me so I knew you weren?t right. I should have handled it better, should never have done what I did.? His voice was so weak, he sounded like a man defeated and I couldn?t stand it.

?No. You did the right thing; I could have hurt you or myself. You had no choice and I am so grateful to you for stopping me from making a mistake. Not that making love with you would be a mistake, it wouldn?t, the situation would have been wrong though?. I looked deep into his eyes, ?please forgive me? I whispered. He stared at me for a moment and suddenly pushed himself forward to wrap his arms around me.

?How you can see it this way is beyond me. I should be begging for forgiveness, not you? He pulled me close and I enfolded him around the waist. I needed to hold him right now and began to sob with relief. He caressed my hair gently and when I had finally stopped crying he lifted my face to his and gently kissed me. It was soft peck at first, then another and the next was longer. The one after that was much deeper, and the next deeper than any we?d shared so far and I didn?t resist, infact I pushed for more as I was feeling I needed him at that moment. I felt a strange excitement building in my stomach and my response to him became more urgent, I was in my right mind this time. With his arms around me I could feel the gentle caress of his hands moving over my back and hips. Suddenly the excitement in my stomach changed, turned around, and as quickly as it built the claws of fear gripped me. I began to pull away, something about what was happening caused me to frantically push him from me, and to experience a new kind of terror I never thought I had before. I couldn?t control my reaction even though I knew I was acting totally irrationally. Clawing at his chest, panic washed over me as I scrambling to the other side of the room when I broke free, curling myself into a ball. What was happening to me? I realised I was trembling from head to foot and I had no idea why. I turned to look at Kyp, he was on his hands and knees and an entirely confused look on his face, what was I doing?

?Cass? What?s going on?? he asked softly, ?you?re scared of me, I can ?feel? it? He was right, and wrong at the same time. I was so afraid, but not of him, at least I didn?t think it was him.

?I don?t know, I couldn?t help myself, something?? My voice quivered, ?I?m sorry, I don?t know.? I began to cry again making the trembling worse. I watched as he crawled toward me and tried hard not to react. Unfortunately I began to cringe an

6. Risste

Nov 26, 2001
    Wow. I am entirely hooked here. Can't wait for some more. :)

7. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Intresting.
    Noooooo, Cass don't leave. Leaving very bad.
    Staying good. Though why do I have the feeling she won't listen to reason?
    I too am hooked.
    More soon?

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh!! JMB, you're already here!! Hi Risste! More? Mmmmmm ok....

?..ooooo?..

The dark was slowly being pushed away by the dawn as I made my way along the street toward the spaceport. After making my decision to go I knew I had to wait for the right moment. After bathing as for some un-explainable reason I felt I had too, I gathered enough clothes to get me by and stuffed them into the smallest bag I had brought. I waited sometime before tentatively opening the door to see if I could get past Kyp. It had been a long night and to my advantage he?d fallen asleep on the lounge, I made my move. As I left I stopped and took one last look at him, he looked so peaceful and my heart ached as I drank in his features for the last time.

I felt a little guilty about using the credits to get passage off Saurius, but I knew he?d not be stranded and it was my only option. As I approached the spaceport I was a little surprised at all the activity there so very early in the morning. A large freighter had just landed from what I could tell and was being unloaded immediately, almost in a hurry. As I got closer I could see that it didn?t look like a typical freighter, there were no markings, anything to identify it at all. Instinct told me that I shouldn?t be seen so I silently slipped into the shadows of the buildings, keeping a close eye on what was going on. Getting closer I could just make out the conversations going on.

?Come on you lot, move it. We gotta get this stuff stashed before this place wakes up, and get those broads out of there, don?t want anyone seeing them.?

I watched as a group of 6 or 7 women, some human, were herded out of the cargo hold by three men carrying blasters. They seemed dirty and exhausted in the dim light and hung their heads accordingly as they shuffled toward me. Dropping my bag behind me I blended in behind an ornate plant display and let the group get close to me. I had a choice to make; did I go and alert Kyp to what was going on, meaning I?d have to face him? Or did I try to blend in with this group and get inside and do what I could myself? My split second decision made I slipped in behind the women and was glad that the guards attention was directed elsewhere.

?Alright, bring ?em through? a man standing by a doorway called to the guards. Lowering my eyes, I shuffled along with the group not looking at any of them for fear of them noticing the new member. We were guided through the door and down a set of stairs that was dimly lit and seemed to go on forever. When we eventually reached the bottom I guessed we were at least three stories underground if not further. The room at the very end was darkened and had two cell like rooms opposite each other and a large table similar to the ones I had seen in Medcentres on Akrian. Each cell had a fresher unit that wasn?t hidden and it reminded me of an Imperial prison I had helped liberate on Akrian. We were pushed roughly into one of the cells, leaving the other empty.

?You, Twi?lek, get out here? the leader snapped. The woman he was pointing too cringed as she cautiously moved to the entrance of the cell. Two men grabbed her either side dragging her to the table she then began to fight. I stood at the bars with the others and watched feeling a tight fear for her rising in my gut. She was lifted by the larger of the men and dumped un-ceremoniously on to the table causing her to cry out in pain. The women around me were silent, fearing if that they spoke they?d be next, little did they know that it didn?t matter if they said anything or not. We all watched as the poor Twi?lek woman was bound hand and foot to the table. Her head was in a brace that had two large silver rods either side. The leading man went to a panel on the wall near the door and began to press buttons, a mask dropped from the ceiling and it was placed over the struggling woman?s? face. I watched as a visible gas began to feed down into the mask subduing the woman. He eyes glazed over, not unlike the people in the mud baths, but someh

9. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    :eek: :eek: :eek: As you can tell I'm shocked.
    Poor Cass. Finding out after all these years.
    Hmmm, now that she has this knowledge I wonder if she's going to try to leave Kyp, figuring if he found out he'd drop her. notice I emphasized the word try. Kyp, I don't think is about to let her go without a fight. Those bad guys are in for a world of hurt. They have now have one very, powerful, very ticked off, Jedi Master on their tail. I almost feel sorry for them....um, on second thought no I don't. They did the crime and if Kyp has anything to say about it they will do the time, his way.

10. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    I agree with JMB. Poor Cass :( Won't be long now before Kyp saves her and Christia right? :D I don't think he'll leave her and I know he won't let her leave him. :) Great stuff! MORE! :p

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome JMK, Sorry to shock you JMB!!

I felt my mouth drop open, shivers ran up my spine. Me? How could something like that have happened to me without me remembering? She was wrong, she had to be. I shook my head,

?No, Christia, you must be thinking of someone else, I?d remember something like that? I hissed desperately. She had to be wrong.

?I wish I was. I was there Cass, I saw it. Jace and his friends came along just in time to stop it going any further than the gang leader??.He saved us.? She was struggling with her words now; I still couldn?t believe what she was saying. ?You lost consciousness, you put up one hell of a fight and paid for it. We took you to the Medcentre the Underground had set up, they took care of your physical injuries?. But? there was a long pause. ?They couldn?t help you like you needed. We couldn?t go to the major Medcentre in the city as it was Imperial run and you had classified information in your head. We couldn?t risk you telling them anything without realising it.? She waited for me to say something, but I was dumbstruck, nothing would come out, my throat was so tight and closed over, breathing was all I could concentrate on. She went on, ?You were in shock for so long, weeks, I visited everyday and you wouldn?t talk to anyone, and if a man approached you, well you went hysterical. Jace would come with me, I guess that was when we fell in love, he?d sit outside while I sat inside. You just sat for days and days and I was sure I?d lost you forever. It broke my heart. I wanted to talk to you, tell you to remember what happened to deal with it, but the doctors told me it would be too dangerous. So we waited and hoped?? She watched me for a time, trying to gauge my reactions.

?How did I?what happened?? I croaked out. Why couldn?t I remember?

?I came as usual to visit about 4 weeks after the attack. When I walked into your room I was stunned, there you were, fully dressed, doing your hair and singing to yourself. I was confused. You grinned at me and told me that you were glad that you hadn?t been beaten too badly and now you were well, you wanted to get back to work as soon as you could. You said that Akrian needed freedom fighters and you were ready for the challenge. I asked you how you felt and you said you?d never felt better in your life, you were acting like nothing had happened.? She lowered her eyes, ?the doctors told me it was best to leave you to deal with it in your way. We had no one to help you and they said that as soon as Akrian was free, they?d make sure you got treatment. Well, it was over 10 years before that was possible and by that time it was too late. Jace and I hoped that it was gone forever and that you could live normally, we noticed you shunned any sort of personal relationship saying work was more important, and we hoped that really was the case. I guess it wasn?t afterall.? She squeezed my hands again, ?I am so sorry Cass, this is my fault, I should have done what I wanted too 10 years ago and this wouldn?t be happening to you now.? She was almost begging for my forgiveness.

I sat stunned staring at her. What should I say, what could I say? It felt like my mind was being sucked into a blackhole, spinning out of control. I desperately tried to keep a hold on reality, as my brain seemed to be searching for something that would confirm or deny what I?d just been told.

?Cass, please, don?t go again, Cass? Christia had a hold of my shoulders and was shaking me vigorously, panic in her voice. I shook my own head, attempting to clear the confusion.

?I?m here, barely? I muttered. I struggled to refocus my eyes to meet hers, there is where I saw she was telling the truth, that and somewhere in my heart I knew it anyway. I felt numb inside and out.

?Please, I?m telling the truth Cassiopia, don?t hate me? she whispered as she pulled me to her, holding me in her arms.

?I?m know, somehow, I know.? I responded weakly. I wanted to lay down, go to sleep, escape, but I knew I had to deal with my life now. It was

12. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Oh wow, the poodoo's bout to hit the fan! ;) Three Jedi Masters in the house! [Mace Windu]This party's over.[/Mace] :D

13. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kyp, Luke and Mara are there!!!!!!!
    Now I know those guys are in for it. If Luke and Kyp don't hurt them, Mara gladly will.
    They're going to be rescued!!!!!!

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You guys are great, but don't count your dead bad guys until you actually see the sabre swing!! :D

?They are Jedi? Christia said excitedly, ?we?re saved!? I closed my eyes and rested my head against the bars, so much for discretion. I heard them leaving their cell and then heard our cell lock click open.

?All of you, stay quiet. She?s right but we need to get you all out safe and for that you need to do exactly what you are told.? Mara was giving orders as the women around me pushed hurriedly out of the cell, I didn?t move. So much had happened in the last few hours and I was so drained physically and mentally, so much I had to deal with.

?Cass, you coming?? His whisper brought me back to reality, lifting my head I found myself only centimetres from him, a desperate need to understand me in his eyes. I nodded slowly.

?When we get free of all this, there?s something I have to tell you? I muttered painfully, I knew my happiness was over for as soon as he knew there?d be no way he?d want me and accordingly I felt myself sinking into despair. He moved his hands up and covered mine from the outside of the cell.

?What ever it is it?ll be ok, trust me. Now come out of there before I come in and get you? he smiled encouragingly. ?Come on?. Pushing myself back gently I pulled my hands free from his and made my way out the door, there was work to be done and I knew I should deal with my own problems later.

?Ok, got any suggestions?? Mara asked her husband, he was staring at the table.

?Can?t you feel it? It?s?dark,? he looked at her and the pain he was clear on his face, almost like he knew what we had seen earlier.

?It is, if you can destroy it you?d be doing the galaxy a favour? I spoke clearly as I approached him bypassing Kyp totally, causing him to frown. He looked at me hesitating slightly then extending his hand.

?Cassiopia I presume? You know what this thing does?? I took his hand and gave it a quick shake.

?Yes. It wipes the memory, destroys the mind? I answered coolly, as the memory of the Twi?lek females scream echoed through my head. He gave a quick nod and reached his hand behind the cape he was wearing pulling out his lightsabre.

?Kyp, care to give me a hand here?? I turned to see Kyp pulling his out from inside the jacket he was wearing.

?With pleasure? he said as he ignited his weapon. Mara indicated for the group to stand back a little and we all watched as the two men dissected the table with complete precision, cutting and slicing it until there was little left to be recognised. Luke then turned toward the control panel and deftly inserted his blade into its centre moving it in a circle proceeding to destroy it. Sparks shot out from it and everyone in the room instinctively shielded their faces. Once the panels final display had died down I felt relief as I knew no one else would have to suffer as the previous victims had. Luke moved over to the rooms locked entrance and stood as if he was listening extinguishing his lightsabre as he went.

?Three guards, two levels up? he turned to face us, ?Kyp you?re with me, Mara be ready to move when I give the signal?

?Before you go, can we drop these disguises?? she asked. He smiled and nodded. Then, before our eyes the people were saw simply vanished in what reminded me of a heat haze and the real faces and bodies appeared. I heard a few gasps around me as the others realised who they were, not to mention the incredible covers they?d created for themselves through the Force. Even though I now had experience with the Force through Kyp, I had to say I was still very impressed every time I saw something new.

?Be careful, for me?? He was beside me again, his sabre hilt only in his hand. I swallowed hard and nodded, not able to bring myself to look at him. Infact I didn?t think I could ever look into his eyes again, it would hurt too much. He must have sensed my emotions and moved away passing me and joining his Master at the door as it also clicked open. Luke motioned for everyone to be quiet and

15. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Ahh, Mara will be okay won't she?
    Cass give Kyp the benefit of the doubt and he might just surprise you. If anyone can understand a pain fulled past he can.

16. Risste

Nov 26, 2001
    Still hooked. More, please! :)

17. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Awww, Mara's hurt. Isn't that too bad. [face_devil] Hehe. She's a Jedi Master, she'll live. :p Though she should have had her lightsaber out and deflecting those bolts. ;) Cass! Stop thinking with your brain and listen to your heart for once! He loves you and you love him! Simple as that! :D More please soon? :)

18. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Oh man...this is such an excellent story! This is probably the best fanfic I've ever read with an original character. Cass is great ;)

Your writing is so good and You left us hanging SO BAD!!! AHHHH!!!

Please post more soon! I'm officially hooked. ;)

EJ

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I meant to leave you hanging!!! Thanks for the positive feedback!!

?Sithspawn, help me up? she hissed through gritted teeth. ?Luke?s gonna kill me.? Placing my arm around her waist and lifting her on to her good leg I added.

?You seem to be doing a good enough job of that yourself? I grunted as I took as much of her weight as I could. We began to head back toward the resort, when two more men appeared around the corner. Quickly backing up I could see the best thing we could do was to re-enter the building we?d left earlier. At least we could lock the door and hold out until help came, what help I expected was still a mystery. Slipping back though the door, I let go of Mara to let her lean up against the wall and slammed the door shut firmly locking it. Slumping my back against door as I desperately tried to catch my breath I realised I was really out of shape!

?What now?? I asked turning to face Mara?s pained face.

?Can?t go down or out, I guess it?s up? she ground out, ?Gimme a hand here. Let?s hope those two have cleared the way for us now?

Taking her weight again I started up the stairs moving slowly enough for her to keep up. We had covered three flights before we can across another doorway. It was open and all was quiet inside.

?Stay here, I?ll check it out? I whispered.

?It?s clear, I can feel it through the Force. Let?s get in, they?re gonna break through down there any time now and lock it behind you.?

I waited for her to get inside and did as she said. The room was lit well but I could see no one but the smell of something burning was really strong. Helping Mara to the nearest desk for support I discovered where the smell was coming from. Two men lay behind the desk, large blaster holes in each, like the guards in the stairwell. I had to admit I was puzzled, I didn?t think that Jedi were allowed to kill like this. Mara must have picked up on my thoughts.

?Self defence, our guys didn?t have blasters. You?ve never seen a lightsabre in action have you??

Shaking my head I answered ?No, seen one but not being used in a fight, am I missing something?? She snorted as she moved her injured leg into a more comfortable position.

?Yeah, you could say that, you never know, might get a chance if we can catch up. Let?s move.?

Wrapping my arm around her waist again we moved through the room to the opposite end where there was another open door.

?Wait? Mara gasped, ?I need to do something about this leg. She moved away from me and leaned herself up against the doorway. ?Keep watch, I?ll be out for a second? She then closed her eyes and took a deep breath relaxing into the doorframe. I guessed she was doing some kind of ?Jedi? thing and settled to wait.

Suddenly there was a distant blast; damn they?d broken through the lower door. I started toward the inner door only to be stopped by Mara?s voice.

?I said a second, give me a hand here. I?ve just dulled the pain, no time to heal it. Lock this one after us and let?s see if we can catch up.? Spinning on my heels and followed her into the next room and locked the door after us. This door wasn?t as sturdy as the others and I knew they?d simply knock this one open, we had to move quickly. I noted the turbo lift at the opposite end of the room and began to run to it but remembered Mara needed help and went back for her. Grabbing her I noticed she was far more mobile and not in as much pain, another clever trick, there was so much I simply didn?t know about. Punching the button I was please to see the doors open immediately.

?Which floor?? I asked puzzled, there were three to choose from. Mara narrowed her eyes slightly,

?Top one? she answered. As I chose the floor I heard another blast, the inner door was gone we had to disable this lift when we got to the top if we wanted to stop them. The door shut quickly and it began to move just as fast. Seconds later the doors slid open to reveal a corridor with several doors along it. Two Gamorian guards were standing outside one of the doors

20. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    :eek: Oh no! Poor Cass. :(

21. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh please tell me she'll be alright! Please!!!??

EJ

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    It'd be pretty hard to tell a story from my point of view if I was dead........ oooh, spoiler!!! :D

Around me I could hear the muffled sounds of instruments beeping and whirring, without opening my eyes I knew I was in a med centre somewhere. It felt like soft fuzz had grown all over my brain and there was the most abhorant taste that seemed to permiate down my throat. My eyes felt gritty and almost glued shut, but with a little effort I was able to open them a small way. The room was dimly lit and very unfamiliar. Dejavue, I?d been in this situation at least once before that I could remember, and not so long ago. Slowly I turned my head to scan the room, finding the doorway to my right, but as I suspected no one was leaning there this time. This time I was alone and appropriately my heart sank. Just then the door opened and a medical droid entered.

?It is good that you have regained consciousness Ms Tahanis, welcome back.? Its polite voice seemed to bounce around in my fuzzy head, if I wasn?t sure before I was now, I had a painful headache. I tried to swallow, what was that awful taste?

?Where am I?? I rasped out, my throat dry.

?Why, you are at the Saurian Central Medical Facility. Once you were removed from the bacta solution where you spent three days, you were brought here to?.?

?Three days? Have I been here three days?? I tried to cry out, surely I hadn?t been here that long!

?Oh no, Madam??

?That?s a relief??

??You?ve been here 8 days?

?WHAT?!? That hurt my throat a great deal, and the motion of trying to sit up did me little good either. I lay back down raising my right hand to my head; it was thumping along with my heartbeat quite well now.

?Please remain laying down Madam, you are not sufficiently recovered enough to leave your bed as yet.? The droid exclaimed as it rushed to my side. ?You are still quite weak? By this time my head had begun to spin,

?Thank you for that information, I?ll keep it in mind? I muttered covering my eyes. I lay quietly whilst it hovered about me checking instrument readings and such, eventually departing and leaving me along once again. Eight days, I?d been here eight days. I had no idea what was going on the out side world and if anyone had bothered to hang around and wait for my recovery, or even knew I would recover. I couldn?t remember ever feeling quite so alone and miserable. Closing my eyes I decided the best thing to do would be go back to sleep right now.

.....ooo0ooo.....
    In the hazy distance I could hear someone calling my name, the voice was familiar. Mentally I brushed the fog away and slowly pulled myself back to reality.

?Cass? It?s Christa, the droid said you?d woken earlier. It?s been so long; we had almost given up hope. I don?t know if you can hear me, but I hope you can. I?ve been here everyday hoping you?d open your eyes. Oh, Cass, please wake up.? She was pleading with me now and I could hear that she?d dropped into a seat, her head hung as muffled sniffles escaped her.

?Hey Chrissie, quit that will you.? I muttered, ?my head hurts enough without listening to that? She lifted her head gasping.

?Cass, oh Stars, you?re alright.? She cried softly, I felt her grasp my right hand and squeeze. I let my head roll toward her attempting a smile as I opened my eyes.

?Am I?? I asked, the truth was I had no idea how I was.

?Yes. We were only waiting for you to wake up. The bacta did a lot of the healing??

?That explains the foul taste in my mouth.?

?You?re so lucky that he was there to stop the bleeding so quickly, used one of those Jedi tricks I think?? she trailed off.

?Who? I asked flatly

?Master Skywalker? Somehow I knew it hadn?t been Kyp, closing my eyes I turned away. Christa was silent as if she knew what I was thinking. I heard her breath in deeply,

?He?s gone? she stated simply. Somehow I knew that as well. ?He left with them 5 days ago? It was then I remember Mara.

?How is Mara?? I asked suddenly turning back to her.

?She?s fine. Once

23. Risste

Nov 26, 2001
    I hate to be so demanding... but, more, please! :)

24. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    I agree with Risste. MORE! :D :p

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Geezzzzz, two pushy guys!!! If you judge Cass / Adalia and any other female character I create you can see I don't like being pushed around!!! Only joking, as you requested, MORE!! :D

??oooo000oooo??

Two days ago Christa had given me a serve, she?d pretty well stayed away from me since then. I?d managed to make a pretty well full recovery and now found myself staring out of the small window in my room. In the two short visits I?d had from her I?d been able to glean a little more information about what happened after I had been hit. Luke and Kyp brought me to the Medical Centre with Mara. The gang leader having been captured and taken to the authorities. It seemed the resort had no idea what was going on right under their noses. As far as they were concerned the building was being used to store freight in and out. They had given permission for the gasses to be exported as they did have medicinal properties valuable to methane breathers, and far as they were concerned that was all that was going on there. Unfortunately this group was only a very small wing and the leaders where some where else. The same somewhere else the three Jedi had gone to find without me. What now? I wondered, I had no idea where I was going with my life and my broken heart had no desire to find out. Behind me the door opened.

?Good Morning Cass, nice to see you up and about.? Jace almost bounced into the room.

?Do you have to be so cheerful?? I asked as I faced him. He grinned,

?No reason not to be. Christa?s safe, you?re fully recovered, I missed out on getting my memory wiped and it looks like your friends are going to fix it so that no-one else gets hurt. Sounds good all round to me.? I had to smile at him in spite of myself, I always knew that his child-like innocence was one of his dearest qualities.

?I wish things were that clear cut for me Jace? I sighed. ?Going back to Akrian wasn?t where I thought I?d be heading two weeks ago.? Jace?s smile faded,

?Sorry Cass, I can be so insensitive at times. Chrissie?s always telling me that.? He moved closer to me and put his arms out for a hug. For the first time in as far back as I could ever recall I felt comfortable enough to accepted it, surprising him in the process. He held me close.

?This is a step forward Cass, you know that don?t you??

?I guess so,? I pulled back to look at him ?thank you for being there all those years ago? He smiled gently,

?Not a problem. Ready to go?? I nodded, this part of my life was over, and going home made sense. Now I knew the truth about myself I could move forward with my life. At least my head told me that, my heart and soul cried out so painfully it took everything I had to stay in control. I watched silently as he collected my bags, the same ones I?d brought with me to the resort, the ones that contained the life I had wanted.

?Come on, the shuttle leaves in less than an hour. Christa?s gonna meet us there.? She was still angry with me but I hoped she?d get over it soon.

?Right behind you Jace? I said a lot more cheerfully than I felt.

?..oooo000oooo?..

I had hoped that the ache in my heart would have eased after a month, no such luck. Upon returning home I was able to get a job in a small restaurant as a waitress. Not the ideal job, but one I could do without much thought and remain in the background. Christa had implored me to return to the freedom movement and therefore the government, but I simply didn?t have the energy or inclination any longer. On the bright side I could balance a tray full of drinks in one hand and two dinner plates in the other. I hadn?t found my own place to live as yet and was using the spare room Christa and Jace had offered, but I knew I had to find somewhere to live soon as I didn?t think I could handle watching them be so much in love anymore. For this and other reasons I spent a lot of time outside in the rear yard sitting under the large tree furthest from the house, and that was where I was tonight. Gazing upward toward the clear night sky I v

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.