main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Kyp and Cass - Post ROTJ - Kyp,Luke,Mara/ Angst, action, romance.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Adalia-Durron , Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Yeah!!! She's going after him, although not willingly.
    I like Jace. He's :cool: and smart. Listen to him Cass.
    EDIT: Snatched the next page again, sorry

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Snatch away! Might get some more up later tonight.

3. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Oh yeah! Good old Jace! You show Cass who's boss! We all knwo that she and Kyp need each other 8-}

MORE!!!

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Little more....

Suddenly I realised what he was doing and as the doors opened I tried to push past him.

?No we are not!!? I growled, he grabbed me and to my horror snapped on one side of a pair of wrist cuffs to me, snapping the other half to himself.

?Yes, we are.? He started out of the building dragging me along behind as I protested and complained bitterly. Once in his speeder I shut my mouth as I was really angry by now and figured he was only trying to scare me into action, it wasn?t going to work. We drove through the streets in silence until we reached the Spaceport where to my utter dismay he parked the speeder and dragged me to a docking bay.

?I borrowed this from a friend, who owed me a favour, come on.? I pulled back sharply.

?This has gone far enough Jace, I?m not going anywhere. This is my business, not yours.? He let out a huge sigh.

?I?d rather you didn?t make me do this, but?..? his voice trailed off as he suddenly bent down putting his shoulder into my stomach and lifting me up over him. I began to kick.

?Put me down this instant Jace, I swear, I will kill you with my bare hands!!!? I screamed.

?Yeah, sure you will.? He said as he carried me into the ship and unceremoniously dumped me into the small ships co-pilots seat. ?Stay put? he growled. This was a side of Jace I?d never seen and I did not like it one bit. I started to stand and he pushed me back down again, ?I said stay put, don?t make this harder than it is Cass.? He said as he reached over and snapped my seat belt into place adding some sort of lock over it. He then undid the cuff around his wrist, grabbed my free one and locked it into place.

?What in the name of the stars has gotten into you Jace?? I yelled, struggling against the now locked up belt and cuffs.

?Nothing, just doing something that I should have done ages ago. I know you think you?re right, but putting it simply, you?re not.? He began to bring the engines up ready for take off, ?I?ve sat back and watched you waste away long enough and I?m not doin? it any more.? I was so stunned that couldn?t speak as he requested and received clearance. ?Settle back Cass, I believe it will take us about 4 days to get to Yavin 4 so you?d best get comfy.? He was serious and I stared at him in shock.

?Jace?? I muttered. He turned to me and bit his lip.

?Don?t give me that look, I promise you, you?ll thank me in a week.? He went back to what he was doing and I sat in stunned silence, not believing what was happening. Within minutes we were leaving Akrian?s atmosphere and I knew he was serious. I sat staring out of the cockpit, trying to figure out what had gotten into him and why he was doing this. By the time I heard him speak I realised we were in hyperspace.

?Ok, you can be as angry with me as long as you like, but I have never seen you happier than when you were with Kyp. I have talked this out long and hard with Christa and like you, she doesn?t agree with my methods, but she does agree that you are wrong in sitting in that office rotting.? He stood and took a few steps almost leaving the cockpit suddenly turning back to face me. ?I see it this way, you thought you had problems way to serious for him and he chased you down and promised to support you and get through them with you. YOU, on the other hand, find he has a problem and what do you do? You turn you back, run home and pretend he never existed!? It had never been put so simply before and suddenly I was struck to the core with guilt, he was right. I swallowed hard as tears welled up in my eyes; he stepped forward bending down beside me. ?I?m sorry Cass, I didn?t want to make you cry, just wanted you to see what you are letting go of.? I lowered my eyes and gave my head a quick shake.

?Don?t be sorry Jace. You?re the first person who has spoken their mind and put the facts so simply. I never looked at it this way?I?.?My voice trailed off as I felt the tears burn my cheeks, tears I should have cried two months ago. Jace reached over and undid my belt and cuff

5. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Yay Jace! You go! :D *claps hands* Woohoohoo!

6. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    Wahoo Jace! 8-}

EJ

7. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Go Jace.
    It's nice when you have friends who put it to ya straight and help you do something about it.

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Promise more later - about 5 - 6 hours time!! Meantime, just upping myself!!

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    More.....

The next three and half days passed quietly, I spent a lot of time alone in the one bunk room working out what I was going to do and say when I got there. Jace was very supportive and prepared meals as well as just sitting with me when I needed company. Christa was a very lucky woman and I decided to tell her how special Jace was when I returned, regardless of the outcome. She must have known of his plans as she?d packed a few clothes for me and for that I was eternally grateful.

I was seated on the edge of the bunk having dressed ready for what ever faced me on Yavin 4 when Jace?s voice came over the internal com.

?Where here Cass, you might want to be up front.? I sucked in a deep breath and stood up, my moment of truth was about to arrive.

?Yavin 4, this is ?Akrian Star? requesting permission to land.? I heard Jace ask as I entered the cockpit and sat in my seat. He turned and gave me a re-assuring smile as we waited.

?Akrian Star, this is Yavin 4, please identify yourself and your reason for being here?? I lifted my hand and pushed Jace?s away from the com deciding to answer this myself.

?Yavin 4, this is Cassiopia Tehanis I need to speak with Master Skywalker or Mara Jade Skywalker.? There was a silence for what seemed ages before we received a response.

?Hello Cassiopia, how are you?? I heard Luke?s calm voice come through the com.

?I?m ok, could be better. I need to see him?? my voice trailed off as I wasn?t sure what else to say.

?Permission to land granted, Mara will see you on the temples? landing platform, Skywalker out.? I turned to Jace and he was beaming, he had hinted that he?d like to meet the great Jedi Master or his wife, so at least he was guaranteed to get something out of this trip. About half and hour later Jace had landed the ?Star? and lowered the ramp. He reached over and grasped my hand showing his support.

?Let?s go Cass.? I nodded and got up leading the way. Striding down the ramp I was pleased to see Mara waiting for me. She walked up to me and unexpectedly put her arms around me, hugging me close for a moment.

?Knew you?d come, I have to say you took longer than I expected.? I smiled,

?I?m stubborn and sometime?s it take?s one of my friends to literally cuff me and drag me kicking and screaming until I see the light.? I quipped as I glanced at Jace. Mara laughed lightly and turned her attention to Jace.

?Let me shake the hand of a very brave man, I see you survived the ordeal without a scratch, I?m impressed.? I watched as Jace blushed slightly.

?She?s tough, but I think catching her by surprise was what kept me alive.? I snorted,

?It?s only because I know Christa would be really upset if I carried out my threats.? We all laughed for a moment.

?Tell me he?s still here?.? I finally said quietly. She nodded.

?Yes, he doesn?t know you are though. I thought it better that way, come on.? She lead us down the stairway and to a turbo lift that took us down to the base of the temple. We walked to a large open doorway that led to the forest beyond stopping in the entrance. Mara pointed into the jungle.

?If you go about a kilometre that way, you?ll come across a collapsed temple with a pool of water on one side, he?s been there nearly every day.? I turned to her, asking how he was without words. ?He?s distant, won?t talk. We can feel his remorse and guilt as well as his pain at loosing you.? I looked at my feet,

?He didn?t want to see me on Zhar?? She smiled.

?That was guilt Cass, think about it.? Nodding I turned to the dense foliage beyond.

?I?ll see you, well, when I see you.? I turned to Jace and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. ?Thank you again, but if you ever do anything like this to me again, I will not be responsible for my actions.? He grinned at me as I turned and plunged into the jungle.

I?d walked for just on half and hour and wished I worn more appropriate clothing as my now damp blouse clung to my body and my neat hair had curled wildly in the moist air. Suddenly I broke i

10. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! .....

I CAN"T WAIT!

EJ

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Sorry EJ, you'll have to!! Want to wait for others to catch up before I let you all know. Still around two more posts until this one is done....

12. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
    In this post there was one part, I just loved, because.... well, I don't know why, it just "touched" me... Well, here it goes,

///?I?m ok, could be better. I need to see him?? my voice trailed off as I wasn?t sure what else to say. ///

And I just can't wait to see what Kyp does and how they clar the air between them...

More?Soon?Please? :D

13. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Ahh!! [face_devil] cliffe. More please?

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I love cliff hangers, maybe in about a couple of hours I will put more. Only two more before this is over...so I have to draw it out!!

15. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Yay! Reunited! And don't it feel so good! ;) :p MORE!

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Just a bit more before I close this one....

?What are you doing here Cass?? he asked, no emotion what so ever in his voice. I snorted,

?Now that was a dumb question, any more dumb questions?? He didn?t respond at all. I began to climb up the ruins.

?You know, you could have picked an easier place to sit? I grunted as I reached him.

?No-one asked you up here.? He muttered. I sat down beside him.

?So, what are we doing here?? I asked. He slowly turned to face me; I saw emptiness and defeat in his eyes.

?We aren?t doing anything, you?re leaving.?

?No, I?m not? I said evenly not taking my eyes off him. He closed his eyes and turned away.

?Please Cass, there?s nothing here for you, just go.? I grunted and shook my head.

?No, sorry, it?s not that simple. Geezz I have such a feeling of déjà vu happening here.? He looked back at me and frowned. ?I recall you telling me to go when I arrived on Coruscant as well, I think I called it running away then. Are you running again??

?You can talk, you wanted me gone on Akrian.?

?So we?re even by my books, time to start again. The way I see it, you promised to see me through my problems, and now it?s my turn to see you through yours.? He shook his head violently and stood up.

?It?s hardly the same thing. If you don?t get over your problem you just miss out on some good stuff in life, if I don?t get over mine, the entire galaxy could be destroyed!? He started down the ruins as I stood.

?How dare you be-little me like that!! Not to mention over inflate your own importance. Who the hell do you think you are?? I yelled after him. He stopped in his tracks.

?You know I didn?t mean it like that.? I started down after him.

?Do I? Do I? How do I know anything right now?? He stood there staring at me seemingly bewilded so I pushed on. ?I came here hoping you?d had enough time to figure yourself out so that we could get back on track and all I get from you is ?sorry, Cass, go home?.

?Do you know what would have happened if you hadn?t stopped me? Do you have any idea?? he yelled back at me.

?NO, but if I re-call it was me who stopped you!! No-one else could get through, but I did.? He turned away suddenly running his fingers through his hair, then turned back.

?So the way you see it, I have to keep you around to keep myself in check.? He growled. I rolled my eyes and sighed deeply.

?When?d you get so dumb?! It wasn?t me as such that stopped you, it was something bigger, something stronger than even your precious Force, don?t you get it?? He screwed he nose up in confusion.

?No, I don?t get it? he ground out.

?Love you idiot!!! It could?ve been anyone who stopped you, as long as they loved you it was gonna work, don?t you see? You can?t block people out, you need them.? He stepped backward shaking his head.

?I don?t need anyone, especially you. Go back to Akrian Cassiopia, stay out of my life and leave me alone!? I watched helplessly as he turned and disappeared into the jungle, leaving me alone again.

?Don?t go..? I whispered knowing he couldn?t hear me at all.

How will this end?

17. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Ahh, another [face_devil] cliffe. Cass go after him.

18. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    Oh no... :(

EJ

19. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    :_| Oh nooooooooooo! Kyp, you scruffy-looking, half-witted nerf-herder! Why!!!! :_|

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Just upping myself for I post the final section, the end bit, the bit where we find out if he's as stupid as he's acting!?!

:)

21. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    AH! Must have more! This needs to have a happy ending.

Jez

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Ok, this is it, the final, the end, all of it. Those who read Changes will see a similar line here, but I like it so I used it! Here we go!!

I stood there for what seemed ages as the realisation that I had failed sunk in. I could feel the tears rolling down my face but refused to actually cry out loud, not here, not now. Turning around I headed back to the temple, he?d made himself clear and I wasn?t going to make a fool of myself by hanging around and grovelling to a man who didn?t love or want me anymore. Upon reaching the temple I was greeted by Mara and Jace who could see instantly that I was in no mood to talk.

?It?s late, stay tonight, I found a room each for you. Stubborn fool, I really thought he?d wake up to himself.? Mara said as we entered the turbo lift. Without looking at her I responded.

?If it?s ok with you two, I?d like to sleep on the ship, I think I need to be alone right now.? Jace put his arm around my shoulders.

?You got it. It?ll be fun to pretend I?m a student here!? he smiled at me but I couldn?t return it, I felt empty and shattered.

After a light meal in the food area I said goodnight to my friends and went to the ?Akrian Star?. It was quiet as I left the stair well and darkness had fallen. Once on board I had a quick shower and cleaned myself up in hope it would make me feel better, it didn?t. I rummaged around in the bag of clothes and was surprised at what Christa had sent. I?d found a nightgown. I slept in my underwear the last few nights, not having the sense of mind to check if anything else had been packed. Undressing slowly as my state of misery didn?t need anything more, I slipped the gown over my head and stood in front of the slim mirror in the corner. There was something familiar about this gown then it hit me. It was the one I?d bought on the trip to Saurius! How?d Christa get hold of it? Then again, she did have a key to my apartment, she was clever. I stared at it and felt the tears rising again as the empty place in my chest got wider.

?What a waste.? I whispered as several tears fell. ?Light?s out? I muttered wiping the moisture off my face and moving over to the bunk in the dark. Just then I heard footsteps up the ships ramp, I figured Jace had forgotten something but decided to call out anyway.

?Forget something Jace?? No one answered me and that set me on edge a little. ?Who?s there?? I asked again. The footsteps stopped in my doorway as the silhouette of a man filled it.

?It?s only me Cass.? His voice was soft.

?Kyp?? I could hardly breath. ?What??. I mean why??I?? my voice trailed off as I couldn?t find the right question to ask. He sighed,

?I don?t know where to start, but I?ll try to get this out.? I nodded in the darkness though I was unsure if he could see me or not. I listened as he took a deep breath and began. ?When I saw you today, part of me was happy beyond belief, the other part was ashamed and disappointed at what I?d become, and what I?d put you through. I decided weeks ago that letting go was easiest for both of us, seeing as I hadn?t heard from you, I figured you felt the same. I never dreamed you?d turn up here, that you?d?????..still care.?

?My feelings never changed, I just got un-nerved a bit in there somewhere. It was Jace who woke me up?? I shrugged my shoulders, ?In fact he dragged me here in cuffs you know, he could see where I needed to be and what I needed to do.? We both stood in silence for a while, when he finally spoke.

?I love you Cass and????I need you.? I felt my heart swell and it was all I could do to not throw myself at him. I remained as calm as possible.

?You do? That helps, you see I have a problem and I think you could possibly help me get through it.? I said as casually as I could. I watched as he shifted his weight uncomfortably in the doorway.

?A problem??

?Mmmm, you see I figure if we solve my problem, we will be well on the way to solving yours as well. What do you think?" I took two steps toward him.

?Are you talking about what I think you?r

23. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Oh boy, that was just too sweet! :) But we need more! Like a Kyp/Cass wedding! Please!?!

24. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Yeah Kyp saw the light and didn't let her leave again.
    I agree with JMK. Kyp/Cass wedding. Please. [face_begging]
    BTW: saw the similar line. :p

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Might work on it, when I get some extra time (HA HA HA!) Just upping this in case someone missed the end!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.