main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kyp and Jaina - Meant for each other?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by XRGAT, Oct 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XRGAT

XRGAT Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2000
    Well? Let's hear some opinions!

Please give a reason, though. No "Because Jaina's too cool for him." or just "Yes." in an otherwise blank post.

2. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    Kyp - Twice as old as Jaina?
    Jaina - Totally different ideas about Jedi order than Kyp?
    Jaina and Kyp - Totally different personalities?
    Jaina - Now hates Kyp for manipulating her?
    Kyp - Doesn't seem to care about Jaina in any way?

Let's renaim them Kaina and Jyp.

3. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Dedicated to Kyp and Jaina. :D :p

I Will Always Love You
    Theme from the movie BodyGuard
    by Whitney Houston

If I should stay.....

I would only be in your way

So, I'll go but I know

I'll think of you

Every step of the way

And I will always love you

I will always love you

You my darling you mmm

Bittersweet memories,

That is all I'm taking with me

So goodbye, please don't cry

We both know I'm not what you, you need

I will always love you, you

(Short instrumental)

I hope life treats you kind, and I hope you have

All you've dreamed of

And I wish for you joy

And happiness

But above all this, I wish you love....

I will always love you

I will always love you

I will always love you

I will always love you

I will always love you....

You, darling I love you

I'll aways, I'll always love you...

4. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    What Ghent42 said.

5. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    No. Besides the age thing, and the fact that Jaina now hates Kyp, I feel the two of them go terribly together. I'd rather see Jaina with someone who is not a Jedi. Like Jag. :D

6. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    the age thing and lying to her, so no.

7. Anison

Anison Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2000
    Because Kyp's too cool for Jaina. :p

Just kidding.

Kyp is twice as old as Jaina. That's a little too much of a difference for me. Also, they could never get along... they're too much alike. Jaina should hook up with Jag. ;)

8. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yes, Kaina and Jyp. hehe.

Seriously though, I don't think they're made for each other in any way, even though they're my two favorite NJO characters and man, I wouldn't read it without the both of them being there. But Jaina had a schoolgirl crush on some older guy who didn't feel much of anything for her. Bottom line. I myself have been in her shoes at least once, and I can understand why she hates his guts now. So, Kyp can remain the quintessential bachelor and Jaina can go find herself a nice guy, hopefully after she's 20. ;) However, if you firmly are one to believe that two people who are complete opposites might make a terrific couple, then maybe they might just get together, making all the Kyp-haters cringe on the message boards :D

Jae Angel

9. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Kyp - Twice as old as Jaina?
    Jaina - Totally different ideas about Jedi order than Kyp?
    Jaina and Kyp - Totally different personalities?
    Jaina - Now hates Kyp for manipulating her?
    Kyp - Doesn't seem to care about Jaina in any way?

Says it all for me...

10. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Yep, opposites attract. :D

11. Anison

Anison Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2000
    Opposites may attract, but I think Jaina and Kyp are more alike than most kyp-haters would like to think (unless they hate Jaina, too). Both of them are excellent pilots, so they have some of that "fighter jock" attitude. They are both strong in the Force, and they both still have a lot to learn. (Jaina --> Kyp's apprentice. HAH! NO WAY!!) I think Kyp is having fun toying with Jaina, but (hopefully) he'll stop before things go too far.

And you have to wonder... who's side would Jaina be on if she wasn't Luke's niece?

12. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    The only way they would ever hook up is if they both, by some amazing coincidence, book passage on The Love Boat at the same time. :p

Other than that, I can't see it happening.

Love. Exciting and new. Come aboard, we're expecting you. Okay, me stop now [face_mischief]

13. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Eck. Just the idea makes me shudder.

In disgust, Genghis. ;)

14. Durron001

Durron001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2001
    Not everyone in this galaxy cares about what Jaina deserves. I say screw her. Who does she think she is anyway? Kyp should trample over her more to give her some humility. Jaina thinks that since she is a solo the whole galaxy should kiss her feet. No offense to Han Solo who I think is very cool, but he did not turn the tide in the fight against the empire, in fact he almost did Jack Diddly Fart. NO matter what anybody thinks it was Luke that WAS the alliance. The rest of the rebellions men and women were just bantha fodder used to block stormtrooper blasters etc. So I'd like to see a Kyp book where we see the real guy under the angry eyes. Maybe he can whup Jaina's but in it too.

15. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    That was uncalled for!

Jania's ego is not a big deal. And she deserves a big ego if she wants one! She's probably saved thousands.

Now with Kyp, he's cocky and he killed off Cardia!

16. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Luke was the alliance? He did all the planning for the battles? He got the rebellion started in the first? He did all of the recruiting? He discovered the death star plans and recovered them? Like everyone else, Luke was just a small piece of the puzzle in the battle against the empire.

EDIT: To answer the question, no I don't think that Jaina and Kyp are meant for each other.

17. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    pfhh! says how much you know, I happen to know a "minister" in vegas who hitched them last week.

Why is it that kyp is still hated for carida, but vader is one of the most popular characters ever?

18. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    The age thing does not factor into my descion because Han is much older than Leia and yet their married. However, Kyp and Jaina should not be married. Aside from the simple fact that I still feel Kyp subtely used the Force to manipulate Jaina's emotions towards him without her realizing it, there's the fact that he'd be useing her to get to Luke. And by doing so he could potentially control all the Jedi, or else he'd facture the order even more than it already is.

19. Tyria-Solo

Tyria-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    i think yes. the age means nothing. i have a friend whos parents are 15 yrs apart, same as kyp an jaina. they have many diffs and, though peeps wouldnt think, they're very much alike. if you've read the spoiler.....

they both turn to the Dark Side to avenge their brothers. they're both pilots and are great characters.
    P.S. im all 4 the Kaina and Jyp thing!

20. _admiral_kettch_

_admiral_kettch_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    I don't think they're meant for each other at all, or my opinion of Jaina would lower considerably.

As for the Vader/Kyp comment. Vader was one of the most ruthless villains ever, but eventually attoned for his actions, a feel good story. Kyp is pulling the same crap now that he did back in the JAT, which tells me he hasn't learned anything in the last 13 years, or however many it's been. At least Vader acknowledged that he was evil, Kyp's just a deluded vigilante.

21. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Kyp did not turn to the dark side to Avenge his brother. He turned because he decided he'd never be weak enough to be someones prisoner anymore after Daala captured him and Han, and because Luke's training was not fast enough for him. He was open to what Kun offered and he took it.

Kyp is wrong for Jaina, plain and simple.

22. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Kyp's just an arrogant b*****d. Jaina accepted in Ruin that she was up herself,when she was taken down a notch by Gavin,but Kyp'll never do that coz hes a brainless pig who thinks its ok to mainpulate other people to get his own way! I think theres more chance of Mara leaving Luke for Fey'lya than Kyp and Jaina getting it on.

23. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    What I am hearing is a lot of logic when the topic is possible love. the two concepts are mutually exclusive.
    In Rebirth, i cant find the quote, but Jaina felt a small 'feeling' in her stomach, something that was obviously a sub-concious attraction, brought on by Kyps flattery. now sure she is upset about being manipulated, but soon she will see the good that has come from Kyp's actions (those who payed attention will notice he saved Yag'Dhul and therefore Thyferra, because the Vong pulled out in response to his attack).
    Kyp and Jaina would be a good pairing, they both are angered in some way by the stance of other Jedi ( Kyp Vs. Luke, and Jaina Vs. Siblings *see BP*)
    Jaina is obviously attracted at some level to him, and Kyp is openly flirting with her, borne from both an attraction and a realisation of the potential in a union b/w them.
    No matter whether or not Jaina does go Dark, she and Kyp seem destined. it would be great to see her hook up with a core EU character, as opposed to someone like Jag who was invented by stackpole to a) make a lame link b/w Zahn's books, the chiss, and VOTF to the NJO, and to b) create a love interest for Jaina.

Vote 1 Kyp!
    Away with Jag. The hardline stance of Kyp is borne by the desperation of facing the Vong alone, without the help of his fellow comrades, his fellow Jedi. Luke must stand up and join (as he insinuated he would in Rebirth) Kyp, if the GFFA is to win.
    In short? And PoT took Jaina from the seed of Solo, and with the blood of Skywalker made a warrior fit for a Knight like Kyp. he decreed they were for each other, and it was So!

24. Tarzimp

Tarzimp Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 1999
    No they won't because Kyp can do better and he knows it.

Note to community : I would like my Tar from LaBrea, and my feathers 100% down.

Seriously though I don?t think it?s gonna happen. I think this is one of those situations where opposites don?t attract. She is truly disgusted with him unlike the Mara, Luke relationship in the beginning.

25. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    No, just thinking about it makes me want to vomit. Now Jaina and Jag on the other hand............ ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.