main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Kyp Durron: Endangering Fangirl Marriages Since 1994

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by MRukundo, Apr 5, 2001.

1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Joined as well, thanks.

2. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    That's great! There's also Kyp_Durron_Fic, but that's mostly slash in which Luke's a bit Flanderized and Kyp's all Darker And Edgier, though forgivably so. (A little boy raised in prison. Yeah.)

3. EUS_Update

EUS_Update Jedi Knight

Jun 4, 2005
    **Dusts off his old Minister of Internal Affairs vestments and walks in with a mild fanfare**

Hear ye, hear ye...

The Expanded Universe Senate is calling all Senators and Leaders of the EUC. It is now time to vote for the ones who will be assisting our Emperor GrandAdmiralJello and Modess s65horsey in running our Community through the New Senate. The manditory nomination and examination period has expired and the time for voting is at hand!

For your information the candidates are...

Evil_King_Wiggins for Chancellor with Sinrebirth as his Vice Chancellor

&

Adalia Durron for Chancellor with Albaholly as her Vice Chancellor.

Voting has begun and will last for one week. Please consult with the members of the group you represent before rendering your vote.

Thank you

And as always...

It's your EUC, be part of it!!!.

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    No one would like to represent the KDFC and place a vote in the Senate Elections? I am attempting to get the new banners up, with Kyp in them!!

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Lady Adalia, would you like to hire me to represent the interests of this fanclub? If so you had better hurry, your time is almost up. [face_devil]

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Naw, I'm good.

7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    As you wish

8. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Random question..
    Can anyone tell me if its actually worth reading ProFic atm??? o_O I went off it last year...
    I haven't read any 'Fate of the Jedi' even though I've brought all the bloody books so far..? :oops: Is it worth it?
    And more importantly, is Kyp in it that much?

S_M

9. EleyaDurron

EleyaDurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2006
    I haven't even read Legacy of the Force, so yeah, tell me: is there anything worth reading?

10. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Kyp doesn't have a big role in the books. Sadly. :( He pops up now and then but...honestly, I've already forgotten the scenes he was in. And I'm a huge Kyp fan. :( Says a lot about how many times he appears.

There was one scene where I had to laugh, though. Something with Exar Kun and drinking...he was talking to Jaina at the time.
    Now if I only knew which book that scene was in...

11. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Suckage..[face_frustrated] That's a shame. Durron is a great character they just don't capitalize on enough. :rolleyes:

[face_laugh]That sounds like a brilliant scene Ceillean.. if ya remember the novel let us know.

S_M

12. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    There's a lot of Durron floating in the fics lately ...

But is anybody home? o_O

Anyone?

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm always around, as Expanded Universe Chancellor! Arh the power...... [face_devil]

14. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Of course I'm around. :p

But alas...there's not much to talk about. :(

Unless you want to start reviewing fics where Kyp is the lead character. [face_laugh] Because sadly, canon has been lacking in aaaall departments.

15. EleyaDurron

EleyaDurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2006
    I'm here.

As Ceillean said, we need a topic oO
    Any ideas?^^

16. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    Yeah, for some reason, the writers don't like Kyp. Though it could be worse. They could love Kyp to the point of going on and on about how awesome he is and making us wonder where the characters we originally watched Star Wars for were.

17. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    As a (fanfic) author, I'm always pretty interested in characters and their backstory.

Since Kyp doesn't really have much of a backstory besides Kessel and Carida, let's talk about that.

We know he's from Deyer colony, we know he has a brother -- was he Force sensitive? Could his parents have been Force sensitive or do you think he was something of an anomaly?

I know this is more of a fanfic discussion but it's better than nothing, right?

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    He idolized Zeth, that's for sure.

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I think he was something of an anomaly, one of a kind. He seems to have survived when his parents didnt, implying they were unaware of how bad things were getting, even close to their deaths. Just a gut feeling, he didnt know aobut his gift, and there is alot of power there, seems strange it would have been passed down from parents without them knowing about it. Just my over tired musings outloud.

20. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    People still here..![face_mischief]

[face_frustrated] Sadly you're right, about the lack of Durron. Still, I can hope. [shrugs hopelessly] Damn profic!

I don't know alot about Kyp I must admit. The first time I ever heard of him was in a comic I found in a local library.. where he went all darkside.. very cool![face_batting]

As for his brother and family, I'd like to think they were Force sensitive too. Perhaps linked/related to some Jedi from the older order perhaps. [face_thinking] Many Jedi went missing during the war.. so could be possible.

Any discussion is better than none Ceillean. [face_peace]

Edit: Its good to be back.:cool: I've missed this thread.

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I found him in the books, and I cannot understand for the life of me why authors don't like him! He's got to be one of the most interesting characters around! So much potential for mayhem and mess as well and good things in a back handed way...... shakes head slowly just don't get it.

22. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    I generally assume Zeth was Force-sensitive. It could be that Kyp's parents were like Morgan Katarn, Jedi sympathizers who were Force-sensitive but not part of the Jedi themselves.

It was entirely possible that part of the reason Zeth was trained with the Empire was because of his power. Why they wouldn't train Kyp, I don't know. Of course, when Palpatine died, the plan to make Zeth into a Hand (or whatever) was scrapped (because the Empire officially denied the Force's existence, and only Palpatine and those he trained in the dark side knew otherwise).

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    the profic authors seem to thrive on missed opportunity, I'm afraid. A cool character like Kyp? Nah! let's focus on... Leia and Han and Allana and a pet thingie she has...

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Leia and Han are like old people and you know what? There is nothing they can do now that would impress me, they've done it all!

BRING ON THE KYPMYSTER!!!

25. Kyp_Skywalker

Kyp_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2008
    Im sure someone must of said this before but while watching Lost it dawned on me that Josh Holloway (Sawyer) is like IDENTICAL to what i'd envisioned Kyp to look like, abeit with dark hair.