main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Kyp Durron: Endangering Fangirl Marriages Since 1994

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by MRukundo, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I love the way you think. [face_mischief]

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  3. Kyp_Skywalker

Kyp_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2008
    Right, whos the resident artist who can make this happen? lol

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Having just attempted to draw my dog to design a mosaic tile to remember her, I KNOW I aint no artist....

5. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I think I might just give it a try. After already having killed Kyp in a fanfic, drawing him can't be any harder. :p

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I have problems with stick figures. Pass. :p

Also, damned ff.net is not working for me. :mad: It won't allow me to add chapters to my fics!

7. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    ff.net hasn't been working for weeks. [face_plain] MsLanna's been trying to update for about two weeks and I tried two days ago and it still didn't work. *shrugs*

Severely annoying.

8. Kyp_Skywalker

Nov 7, 2008
    I once drew a blank when asked a question

thats about it :D

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Aye, it is. I've got stories I wanna update but can't. I was gonna do a reshuffling of my Sailor Moon/SW fic, add some chapters to my SW/ST fics. I sent in an e-mail to support, but nothing yet. Do you know if MsLanna has done the same? Have you?

10. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Do it! :D I'm game! Never attempted fanart before.. *shrugs* .. I took art at college though, so hopefully it'll be half good..ish!:p

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Okay, ff.net just worked for me. :D

12. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    I'm very late to this party and I have no marriage to be endangered, but... whatever! Ceillean brought me here. Sort of. And now I'm here and happy. Kyp is awesome. Actually, the way they developed his character was, to me, one of the good things about the NJO. He'd been kinda off the radar for a few years before that started. Okay, so he wasn't originally slated to appear, but whatever. :p

I love, love, love the idea of Josh Holloway as Kyp. He's got that whole dark and broody thing going on as Sawyer, not to mention the smirk... I think that smirk was the reason why I watched Lost for two (maybe three?) years. [face_laugh]

But yeah, fan art I can do! I'm working on a Kyp painting right now. Not looking too much like Josh yet, but we'll see how it goes. I used Josh as a basis for the face, but he's getting Aragorn's hairstyle. I love that guy's hair and I think it suits Kyp quite well.

This is as far as I've gotten. Any suggestions or complaints or whatever, I'd love to hear them!

13. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    So yeah also here at fault of Ceillean. Lol.

But yeah I've always liked Kyp but never really considered him one of my favorites. Until Ceillean happened and I started re-reading the older fiction like the Jedi Academy trilogy and NJO.

Never saw Lost so I can't say if Josh Holloway would make a good Kyp, but I did really like your picture of him Iverna. Exactly how I pictured him but with a beard.

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Seems Ceillean has been busy!! Welcome to both of you!! But this 'killing off Kyp' stuff MUST CEASE!!! I could cry over this! :eek:

15. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I have been busy. :D Seems I'm good at recruiting. [face_laugh]

There shall be no more killing Kyp for me. [face_plain] I don't want to do it again. I like him happy and snarky and alive.

Oh and Iverna's been busy! She has a wonderful way for drawing Kyp. [face_love]

[image=http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/150/f/2011/093/9/f/kyp_sketches_by_svenjaliv-d3d3qac.png]

http://svenjaliv.deviantart.com/art/Kyp-sketches-203407572

I looooooooooooooooove it. [face_love]

16. Kyp_Skywalker

Nov 7, 2008
    Brillant!

17. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Oh, wow, thanks guys, I'm really glad that you like my rendition of Kyp, that's pretty awesome!

I finished the painting yesterday, so if you want to see, here:

[image=http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/150/f/2011/095/c/6/kyp_durron_by_svenjaliv-d3da36r.png]
    [click here for full view)

And yeah, no killing Kyp, I am fully in support of that. Not to be... uh, what's a term for that, life-ist? ... but live Kyp is so much better. :p

18. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Wow, wow, wow! :D I love it!

Amazing work!=D=

Totally agree Kyppie is better alive than dead...

[face_mischief]

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Iverna, I am extremely jealous of your talent there. That pic is... :eek:

Okay, this is the EUC. So off-topic is all right. What does everyone like besides SW?

20. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    *dreamy sigh* I do love this picture. You should have seen my smile when I first saw it. [face_mischief] I was so glad no one was around to hear my giggle. :p

To answer your question Striker, I love to read.
    I'm reading a book called "Lover Unleashed" by J.R. Ward right now. It's the tenth book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Vampires. It's a great book series. Or rather, it started as a great book series but lately...*sighs*

I bought The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks just yesterday. I'd already read the books and they're amazing. Fantasy at its best, seriously.

So yeah, I love to read all kinds of stuff.

Then there are the TV shows that I love. I don't have time to watch a lot of TV but thank God for the internet, right?
    Criminal Minds, NCIS, Supernatural, Being Human US and to show people that a part of me is still girly, I love Desperate Housewives. :p

Come to think of it, Star Wars has pretty much wandered into the background. I stick around because of the fanfics and the people on the boards but the movies aren't interesting anymore, the Clone Wars is fun to watch and I won't even comment on the books. :p

21. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Looks great. I love the nebula background. I assume that means he can never forget Carida?

22. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Wasn't the nebula around Carida red?

23. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Aww, thanks everyone, I'm really glad you like him! The nebula isn't supposed to be Carida or anything else, to be honest... I just found the reference picture online and figured it'd make a good background, since it had the colours - green/blue/purple - that I'd envisioned for Kyp. So no deeper meaning there, although of course you can see it if you want to! ;)

24. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Can't remember, but it is always on Kyp's mind. And nobody will let him forget.

Very disturbed, that one is.

25. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Wow. That looks amazing Iverna! Exactly how I pictured him. A little younger tho.

Also Striker I like Buffy, Supernatural, which Btw I still haven't finished and I'm a little wary of their new series. I also watch Full Metal Alchemist and Bones. I enjoy reading Science Fiction and Fantasy. I write both star wars and origonal fiction.